• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Show Bookings: My Frustrating Experience with a Host for 2/8

In summary, the host's husband was on the phone when the hostess's cousin saw him driving by. The hostess was lying and her husband told her that he wanted to cancel the show.
Lisa2Boys
I had a show booked for 2/8. I booked this show from a show in Nov. The lady that booked the show said that she wanted to get the new cutlery.

I called her the 1st week of Jan after I sent out the host package and made sure she didn't have any questions. She told me (very snooty) that she knew that only 1/3 of the people come so over invite.

I sent her the recipes to choose from last week and called to find out which one she chose. Her husband told me that she was out of town until Saturday. I then called her on Sunday night and her son told me that she was on the phone with work and she would call me back in 5 minutes. She did not call. I called her last night to confirm everything and this is exactly what happened . . . the phone was picked up and I heard her husband say, "Are you still blowing that girl off?", then the phone went dead. Needless to say I was speechless. About 5 minutes later, my phone rang and it was her husband. He told me that he was supposed to call me and forgot, but that she wanted to know if we could reschedule until next Thursday. I checked my calendar and agreed. I then told him that I still needed to know about the recipe and he informed me that she would be out of town until Friday. I suggested pull apart bread and he agreed.

The plot thickens, my cousin lives right beside them and she emailed me today and to say that she saw the host drive by. I knew she was lying. It burns me up so bad. I don't even want to do a show for her now.

What should I do? Any suggestions?

Oh wow. I don't know what to say :confused:

Wow - what an awful hostess.
I had a similar situation last year - ultimately ended in an $800 show with lots of bookings...the DH told me off one time that I called saying that his wife was not calling me back "because frankly she finds you pushy and obnoxious nad doesn't even want to have this party with you..."...turns out the DH is extremely abusive and was not letting her take my calls - many times she was sitting right there when he answered and said she was unavailable or that he didn't WANT to speak with me. She confided all this in me the night of the show...said she is working on saving $$ to leave him. Lovely, huh?

Oh, I'm so sorry! That would burn me up too! :(

Maybe the next time you call you could suggest doing a catalog show instead, and give her until the 22nd to gather all of the orders. Just say you're sensing that she's not comfortable doing a Cooking Show right now, but don't want her to miss out on her chance for new cutlery.

If she agrees, yay! If she still wants it next Thursday let her and her guests know that the show closes that night (if you're a give few-days-er). So what ever orders you get at the show (or before) are already in your hands and you don't have to wait for her to diddle you around any more.

Good Luck!
Hosts like these remind us to overappreciate the good ones! :)

Personal opinion - if they are going to be that bad and that much of a pain, they don't deserve the great benefits a host gets. However, despite their deception, I'd be a reputable business person, keep up your end of the deal, do a good show and then go on with the rest of your business. You never know who may show up and book off of you and what you will get from that. If she is as she sounds, she is ALWAYS like this and those around her will know that and understand.

It's your business. You don't have to do any shows with her. Just tell her that your calendar is filled for the next three months!

Tell her your booked solid and you want to turn it into a catalog show........

MY 2 CentsIf it was me and I called and the husband picked up and I heard him say that......................when they called back I'd tell them that I heard everything and that they can go #$%$$#&^.:mad: Sorry but that is just rude.
If you want to have a show then have the darn show and don't be rude to the consultant. Otherwise just say no and don't waste anybody's time!! Sorry I just can't believe how rude people can be. I do hope it all goes well for you.
Good luck.

I also had a show booked where the host was a complete B$#%, and I also contemplated cancelling the show, only because she would not take my calls and wouldn't call me back! Two days before the show, she FINALLY called me and told me that she had a couple outside orders, but some people coming. Well, she ended up having a $1000 show, and I got only one booking, but 1K and one booking is more than I would have had if I gave into my desire to cancel the show. I would do the show, be bubbly and smile, do a great job...when it's over, you don't EVER have to talk to her again if you don't want to. That's my advice.....it worked for me...I hope it works for you as well. Keep us posted as to the results. Good Luck!!

IMHO, you should be professional and have the show. Send her a mailed note/or e-mail stating you have now reserved that night for her, and remind her you are closing the show that night. (or leave it on her voice mail).

And, try to have fun. Hopefully, you will make a lot of $$

Then, wipe the dust from your feet and leave.

Wow, you don't feel the "flu" coming on, do you???;)

It would be such ashamed to have to cancel that day because you are sick.....

So???
How'd it go?

i had a host that would call me everyday, for a month and a half before her show til about 3 weeks afer her show. i wanted to scream! esp at the time i had a night job so i'd sleep most of the day, and waking up with that everyday, i wanted to choke her lol i'm not even gonna be nice about it, i didn't care about her $800 i was so fed up it def was not worth it to me.

It's true these hosts really get to us and we just want to tell them to shove off, but their shows end up being the whoopers!

My advice, be professional to the show and let us know how it turns out.

Lisa...please keep us posted as to how the show went...or even IF it went...

Last edited:

What is "I Just Have to Vent . . ."?

"I Just Have to Vent . . ." is a versatile kitchen tool that is designed to release steam and pressure from pots and pans while cooking. It can also be used as a strainer or a splatter guard.

How do I use "I Just Have to Vent . . ."?

To use "I Just Have to Vent . . .", simply place it on top of your pot or pan while cooking. The steam and pressure will be released through the vent holes, preventing any potential accidents or messes in the kitchen.

Is "I Just Have to Vent . . ." dishwasher safe?

Yes, "I Just Have to Vent . . ." is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher and wash it with your other kitchen tools.

What materials is "I Just Have to Vent . . ." made of?

"I Just Have to Vent . . ." is made of high-quality, heat-resistant silicone that can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also BPA-free for safe and healthy cooking.

Can "I Just Have to Vent . . ." be used in the microwave?

Yes, "I Just Have to Vent . . ." is safe to use in the microwave. It can also be used in the oven, on the stovetop, or even in the freezer for added convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies