• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated After 1st Event: Need Advice to Improve Bookings!

keep up the great work!Great job! You did a great job on your sister's grand opening and you should be proud. I would call the one who didn't come and see if they want to come to your next show or if they want to help you out with a party.
chefcook
I am so frustrated my 30 days is over on monday and I made barely $500 in sales! I had my grand open tonight and 4 or the 32 people who r.s.v.p'd showed up. I spent so much time and money on this and people actually had the nerve to call after the party to say they couldn't make it. All in all i was really proud of what i did for my first "event". But if anyone has any has any advice to make the next one better or how to get more bookings I would really appreciate at it.

Attachments

• DSCF2283.JPG
    DSCF2283.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 509
  • DSCF2285.JPG
    DSCF2285.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 470
  • DSCF2292.JPG
    DSCF2292.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 421
  • DSCF2296.JPG
    DSCF2296.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCF2294.JPG
    DSCF2294.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 452
It looks like you did a great job with your grand opening event. Try not to get discouraged with the lack of guests. Sometimes these things happen...the lady I recruited had her grand opening at my house and one person showed up and she did not even order anything. I felt bad for her but she did not get discouraged. She is still doing what she can but she qualified in her first 90 days focus on that! Maybe you could call the ones who were not able to come tonight and ask them if they would like to host a show...make it a Christmas shopping theme.As far as you spending a lot of money to get this event set up...I totally understand and have learned to focus more on the products and not so much on making sure there is a lot of food, drinks, prizes, etc. It just takes time sometimes to get your business up and running but like I said..Don't get discouraged!

Chef cook, definitely don't get discouraged. It looks like you put a lot of effort into your Grand Opening - good job! Some shows turn out great, others turn out to be lemons - your Grand Opening just happened to be one of those lemons. My advice would be (and I have been learning this as I go as well - my 90 days is Dec. 23) to keep things simple as much as possible. Focus on making contacts with people, host coaching, and booking as many shows as you possibly can. Try not to spend too much time or energy on the little details. The products sell themselves - just do everything you can to make sure you have an audience to sell them to! Good Luck!

I agree, chefcook, don't get discouraged. For my Grand Opening I invited all my friends, including those who encouraged me to sign. 2 people showed up, including my elderly neighbor who only bought a measuring spoon. The other friend purchased enough to have it qualify as a show, but all in all I barely qualified in my first 90 days. I have been doing, and LOVING, the business for over a year and a half. I know, and know of, many others who qualified in their first 30, and even earlier.

Remember, too, you can always have another Grand Opening. Show these pictures to those who weren't able to make the show, and invite them to a Black Friday event, and offer a Mystery Host drawing!

Definitely don't get discouraged. Call the 28 people who RSVP'd and then didn't come to let them know how much fun you had & wished that the could have been there. Ask if they'd like to see a catalog or help you out by hosting a party of their own so that they can experience a fun party, with their friends! You may not qualify in 30 days, but that's not the end of the world. Run with it & make it great! :)

Lots of people don't qualify in 30 days! But there's still time - I agree with Crystal. Call those who said they were coming!!

Keep in mind, the national show average is $450. If you are almost at $500, you've beat that! EXCELLENT job!

My sister had her grand opening last week and had 4 people show up (1 lady, a couple, and our mother). She invited 80 people! She's closing her show this weekend at a little over $500, and she's pleased with that...she got two bookings, and is ready to go!!

Don't get discouraged. You're doing a great job!

Wow! What an awsome job you did. You should be so proud of yourself. Judging by how much work you put into this you are going to be a great consultant. You could tell you love the products and what you do. Like others said, I would call the one who did not come. Some people may have wanted to come but may have been sick or had other commitments. It's not until they hear your voice that they remember they are interested. Keep us posted!

Wow, you did a ton more than I did on my first show. Your set up is fantastic looking! My 'grand opening' show turned out to be my husband and my in-laws. Like I'm not nervous enough around those people LOLMy advise for the next 60 days is- don't forget about catalog shows! Make up a few folders that have some OOF, a catalog, the specials and maybe the gift set flyer and find people that will pass it around for you. Without my catalog shows I would have been in your very shoes. I think I did, about $300 in cooking shows and $1000 in catalog shows in my first 30 days.Good luck with everything!

Thanks so much for your advice everyone. I actually had a few no shows call and want to place some guilt orders. I feel much better.

Chefcook - definately call anyone who RSVPd yes and didn't show. They are very likely to place an order. And continue to focus on your 90 days. I have found that my own shows usually bomb, nearly all the orders are placed online. Once I have been in the biz for a year or two I will have a bigger base to invite to my own shows and hope it goes better then. It is always disappointing to have your house all ready and have only 1 or 2 people show up! My Mystery Host show was just that - 1 person showed but it closed at just under $500.

Work your business and don't worry that you didn't make 30 days! I just had my 2 year anniversary in the biz. My first year, my sales totaled $5,000. 2009 is an awesome year! I hit my $15K career sales in June! I have $15K total in commissionable sales this year! I have my 2nd recruit as well. YOU CAN DO IT! You can make it in 90 days!

Everyone here gave you great advice but I wanted to add that more is not always better. If you feel like you spent more than you got out of your kick off party I would re-evaluate how you do your shows in the future. You do not want to spend more than you are making.

I loved your 'Want a Little, Place and Order; Want a lot, Host a Show; Want it All, Wear the Apron'... I will be adding that too my booking binders that I will be giving my host... and adding the wording to my shows... I started in Feb of 09, did not qualify in 30 or 90, I wish I had the advise to pass out Catalogs for shows... but in my DreamWorld that I live in people would ask me for catalog and cooking shows.... reality check... they do not know they want to host them until you tell them what they can get, how much fun it is and how easy for them it is... you have to go to them and let them know.. anyway you did great...keep it up..

Traci

You did better than I did for my first 2 shows. Don't give up. I qualified on mostly outside orders. Lots of people want to buy, but very few want to have partys. Get some orders and call it another show.

What are some reasons why my first event was unsuccessful in generating bookings?

There could be a few reasons why your first event did not result in many bookings. It could be that the host did not invite enough guests, the guests were not interested in hosting their own parties, or they were not familiar with the Pampered Chef products. It's also possible that the timing or location of the event was not ideal for potential hosts.

How can I improve my chances of getting bookings at future events?

One way to improve your chances of getting bookings at future events is to focus on building relationships with the guests. Engage in conversations and get to know them to build trust and interest in hosting a party. You can also offer special incentives or discounts for guests who book a party at the event.

What should I do if my host is not following through with booking a party?

If your host is not following through with booking a party, it's important to follow up with them in a friendly and non-pushy manner. Remind them of the benefits of hosting a party and offer to help them by providing invitations or other resources. You can also offer to hold a virtual party if they are unable to host in-person.

How can I make my events more engaging and appealing to potential hosts?

To make your events more engaging and appealing to potential hosts, try to incorporate fun and interactive activities, such as cooking demonstrations or games. You can also offer a variety of product samples for guests to try and take home. Additionally, make sure to highlight the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and discounts.

What are some strategies for generating bookings outside of events?

There are several strategies for generating bookings outside of events. You can reach out to family and friends, use social media to promote your business and offer incentives for referrals. You can also partner with local businesses or organizations to host joint events or offer discounts to their members. Another strategy is to participate in local fairs or events to showcase your products and services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• saundrals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Michelle's Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Michelle's Kitchen
  • chefannie