• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Annie's Frustrations: Looking for Business in a Downturn

In summary, the person is feeling frustrated with their business despite having a good start with 14 shows since September. They have tried various methods to get new business, such as making customer care calls and sending out holiday flyers and catalogs. They have also sought advice from others who say that it takes time for results to show. However, the person is worried about waiting too long for their business to pick up and is seeking motivation to keep going. Others have suggested making more phone calls and following up with past customers. Despite feeling frustrated, the person is determined to keep marketing their business and believes that the holiday season can be a successful time for sales.
chefannie
I don't even know the right word to use. I guess the word that first springs to mind is Frustrated! :confused: Let me explain - I started in September with PC and have been doing OK. I have had 14 shows (some really good and some very, very bad (1 person showed up)). My November and December are basically dead except for a holiday fair in November and possibly 2 in December. I have been trying everything to get some new business (doing my 3-2-1, making customer care calls, etc.). I have even made 100 holiday flyers and stuffed zipper bags with holiday flyers and the mini-holiday flyer, then I walked outside for a two mile radius and dropped flyers on front porches until I couldn't walk anymore. I have sent out another 100 holiday mini catalogs to friends, family and customers. I have sent out at least 15 fundraiser packets to various schools in my area. I did the same with 20 realtor packets I put together and mailed these also. I am paying for advertising in a bridal supplement that will be coming out next week. I really, really don't mean to sound like sour grapes, but that is the way I feel.

I have spoken to a lot of different people and they say what you do now takes at least six months to come through, but I don't know if I can wait that long. I really shouldn't complain, my January and February look OK so far, it is just so frustrating (there is that word again) after spending so much time and money with no results.

Thanks for listening!
:( Annie

14 shows since September is an awesome start...just keep doing what you are doing and it will get better. This time of year is often hard on many people. You had a big start so there is bound to be a little lull...stick with it!

Just keep on the phone! Don't get frustrated just yet! Everything will snowball, I promise!

You don't mention if you are following up on the info you've sent out (holiday minis to family, fundraiser stuff, realtor stuff)--make sure you do if you haven't! I know that I want to order something & then the catalog gets buried under other stuff.

Just like what you've heard, give it time! You have had a great start! I think everyone hits a lull when they've gotten through their circle until they get out of it. It will come! Good luck!

You know, I had a hard time after my first couple of months, too. I had a great first 30 and 60 days. But then nothing! I went to conference and was so motivated to get on the phone. I started calling all my past customers to see if they were happy with their products. I asked them if they would like to get my e-mail newsletter. Then I asked them if they had ever thought about having a show. I booked my September that way. Get excited and make your 3 contacts a day. Don't take it personally if you get "no". That's why I offered my newsletter because almost everyone said "yes" to that.

Brandi2007 said:
Just keep on the phone! Don't get frustrated just yet! Everything will snowball, I promise!

Everything will snowball IN A GOOD WAY!!! ;) I had this problem last year and spent more money in the last 2 months of the year than I had made in the 3 previous to that. In January, I had a $4500 month TOTALLY unexpectedly! The holidays are just a hard time to get people to have one more get-together with family and friends since thanksgiving and Christmas are so close together and so commercialized nowadays, that no on ehas the time to slow down, including us. My first holiday season was the best I've had yet ( I started my biz mid-Nov 2005) and I truly believe it was because I was in LOVE with my new business. If I could just find that love again, I may have a good holiday season next year.... This one's just going to be okay....:eek:
Keep smiling though and market your biz everywhere you go! You'll do fine on top of your snowball!!!;)

I agree with JAE's advice.....maybe because we have both seen our businesses take off from doing 3-2-1 calls.
I too made a commitment after conference to do my calls - and am experiencing an almost overwhelming Fall/Winter season because of it!
You have done 14 shows - that is awesome! If you have 14 shows under your belt, then you have a TON of customer care calls you can do, and from what I have experienced the past 3 months - THAT is the best way to get business - way better than flyers, or advertising in papers, or any of that stuff that costs you money. Focus on the practices that will MAKE you money instead, and call those people from your shows......offer them what JAE suggested, and also ask them if there is anything they might need for their Thanksgiving and Christmas baking needs, or gift-giving needs.
Don't give up - and remember - the first call is the hardest! Keep going!

Thanks everyone for the pep talks! It really made me feel better. OK phone - here I come. Wish me luck!

You can do it Annie!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Related to Annie's Frustrations: Looking for Business in a Downturn

1. How has the current economic downturn affected your business?

The current economic downturn has definitely had an impact on our business, as it has for many others. We have seen a decrease in sales and an increase in customers being more cautious with their spending.

2. What strategies have you implemented to try and combat the effects of the downturn?

We have implemented several strategies to try and combat the effects of the downturn. These include offering special discounts and promotions, diversifying our product offerings, and increasing our online presence to reach a wider audience.

3. How has the downturn affected your relationships with customers and potential customers?

The downturn has definitely affected our relationships with customers and potential customers. We have noticed that customers are more hesitant to make purchases and are more likely to comparison shop. However, we have also seen an increase in new customers who are looking for affordable and high-quality products.

4. How do you manage the stress and frustration of trying to find business during a downturn?

We understand that it can be stressful and frustrating to try and find business during a downturn. To manage this, we focus on staying positive and proactive. We also make sure to regularly communicate with our team and customers to address any concerns and find solutions.

5. What advice do you have for other businesses struggling during this downturn?

Our advice for businesses struggling during this downturn is to be adaptable and resourceful. Look for new ways to reach your customers and be open to trying new strategies. Also, make sure to take care of your team and stay positive to maintain morale during this challenging time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckysuem
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • blessedrub