• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting After Trying to Help a Friend's Home Business

I agree with GeorgiaPeach. If you ware working on putting this together then you should have a say in which vendors get to join in. I would say some thing it can't hurt. I wouldn't say it's too late. The CM lady really should call the TOH girl and explain that she didn't realize that there would be a conflict. All she has to do is mail the check back. The TOH girl might be a bit ticked off but she has to realize that she would want the same courtesy extended to her if she were the first vendor of her type in a fair. It doesn't hurt to call the CM lady and explain your feelings.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Ok So I have been working with my CM (creative memories) lady for a while. We both have really been trying to work our business. We decided to put together a small home business fair (aprox 10 vendors) at our local hotel. I just found out she booked a Taste of Home Entertaining gal! I am so MAD!!! I purposely did not refer any other scrapbook people! I was the one with all the business contacts! I do not think she realized they had alot of simmilar products but I am still frustrated!!!!!

I am getting really tired of trying to help others with their home business and getting sc**wed!!!

Ok I guess I am done venting!

Have you told her that its our competition since she booked this woman? I feel bad for you. I hope you do well.

I mentioned it in a return email but she won't even see it till tomorrow, she works all day today. Sounds like the TOH gal was allready sending her a check. I know she will feel bad but it's kinda late... I just will do my best and not be competitive. I will make sure I get a better table though!

I wouldn't say it's too late. The CM lady really should call the TOH girl and explain that she didn't realize that there would be a conflict. All she has to do is mail the check back. The TOH girl might be a bit ticked off but she has to realize that she would want the same courtesy extended to her if she were the first vendor of her type in a fair.

It doesn't hurt to call the CM lady and explain your feelings. Good Luck!

I agree with GeorgiaPeach. If you ware working on putting this together then you should have a say in which vendors get to join in. I would say some thing it can't hurt.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I wouldn't say it's too late. The CM lady really should call the TOH girl and explain that she didn't realize that there would be a conflict. All she has to do is mail the check back. The TOH girl might be a bit ticked off but she has to realize that she would want the same courtesy extended to her if she were the first vendor of her type in a fair.

It doesn't hurt to call the CM lady and explain your feelings. Good Luck!

I agree wholeheartedly with GeorgiaPeach

Just my opinion...I have been to a Taste of Home show and I do not really consider them to be our competition. A good portion of their catalog is for decorating. The items that are similar to ours tend to be more expensive.

If you are concerned then contacting the organizer would be okay. Even if the Taste of Home person will still be there, ask that your spaces are spread apart from each other.

I agree with Chef Lisa. Have faith in your products as you know that they are better. I think it is better that TOH is there and it shows that you are not afraid to say why your products are better (price, warranty, customer service, etc.) Good luck and if you truly don't want her there I think it is YOUR responsibility to call the TOH consultant and explain why.

I had the same thing happen to me at a small vendor fair. Taste of Home does have some of the products that we carry, i.e. Food chopper, pizza cutter, cookware, etc., but they don't have the awesome warranties we have, and their shipping is more expensive. Also, it takes a long time to receive products once ordered (could be they are new and just working out the kinks).

I was initially worried about the competition, but I believe that our product, company and warranties are far superior to TOHE.

Lori
Future Director
Texas

Thanks for your Input!I am just going to go with the flow.... I am going to follow the advice I give to my 4 year old and am not going to worry about other people just myself!

I will answer any objections honestly and positively! I believe in PC wholeheartedly!

Thanks!!!

There ya go!!That is the way I would think about it. Most people haven't even heard of TOHE yet. I would think they would be more likely to be excited about your booth.

Since you are in charge, is there a way to put her towards the end of the booth line up, so people will come to your booth first? ;)

Not only do you believe in your products but I am sure that you can pick the better table and location. Maybe get two tables so you can show more products and look more dominating and prepared!

I agree - a lot of people LOVE PC products and they know how they hold up, the great guarantees, etc. We have history behind us now!

Just make sure your table looks really nice. When I did my fair (wish I would have taken a picture) I had the tables in a U shape. I used all white table clothes. On the back table I used my 3 tier stand w/simple additions. I made a sign in the new spring colors that said "New! Bridal Rewards. Up to $200 in FREE products." That really got a lot of attention. Just make sure you have some info. to give customers if they ask about it. I also had my tool turn about decorated as a wedding cake and used the other simple additoins pieces. I put other products around them as well, like the food chopper, etc. The other table I put the new spring towels and products. The colors really showed up on the white tablecloth.

I also created a pamphlet (updated a copy I got on this site) which I had printed on turquoise paper and had my drawing slips printed in the same color. Many people took one. I even got a call from someone interested in selling - she's having a party in August. I had 100 pepole register w/me. About 1/2 are interested in a catalog or kitchen show. I will attach a copy later if you want to use it.

If you have any quesitons, please let me know.

Anyone know where to get a copy of a TOHE catalog? I haven't found it on-line anywhere.

Best of Luck!

Here is the PamphletHere is the file - I've just made some changes to it. Thank you to whoever first created it!;)

If people don't seem real interested. I ask them if they would like a free recipe. Them almost always say, "yes." This gets my info. in their hands!:p

Attachments

• fair file handout Spring Summer 2006.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 497
Sorry about the typos! It's late at night for me:).

My director is having a Taste of Home party next WED.--she says alot of decorating stuff--she loved the catalog
Just FYI
s:D

1. How can I offer constructive criticism without hurting my friend's feelings?

It's important to approach the situation with kindness and empathy. Start by acknowledging your friend's hard work and dedication to their home business. Then, offer specific and actionable feedback rather than general criticism. Remember to focus on the business and not your friend as a person.

2. My friend's home business is struggling, how can I help without overstepping boundaries?

The best way to help is by asking your friend how you can support their business. This allows them to set boundaries and lets you know what kind of help they need. You can also offer to promote their business through your own social media or by hosting a party or event.

3. My friend's home business is not something I'm interested in, how can I politely decline their offers?

Be honest with your friend and let them know that their business is not something you are personally interested in, but you still support and believe in their success. You can also suggest alternative ways to support them, such as sharing their business with others who may be interested.

4. My friend's home business is affecting our friendship, what should I do?

Communication is key in any relationship. Talk to your friend and express your concerns in a calm and respectful manner. Let them know how their business is affecting your friendship and try to find a solution together. Remember to listen to their perspective as well.

5. How can I set boundaries with my friend's constant business promotions?

It's important to communicate your boundaries to your friend. Let them know that while you support their business, you also need to set limits on how often they promote it to you. You can suggest a certain day or time for business-related discussions or politely decline invitations to events or parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • 3girls