• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant About Other Home Based Business (Sorry so Long)

In summary, the other consultant cancelled on me a few days before my show was supposed to happen, then took forever to get back to me about anything, then didn't have the products I paid for, and then didn't have any intentions of following through with closing the show.
3girls
Gold Member
Good morning everyone! I am so disappointed in this other consultant. I won't say the home based business, but I normally don't do parties myself except open house for PC. I really wanted to get the double points for February, so I agreed to do a party for her if she did a party for me. Needless to say, I had her party at my house on the 27th. We discussed her PC party with me and decided to chat on the phone at 1pm on the 28th to close both shows. Now she has been shaking with communicating with me for the last 3 weeks about her PC with me. I did get her orders before hand so that I wouldn't have to take away from her doing her job at my house. It would take her 3 days to get back with me on the phone for a simple question. I had asked for more books, she hesitated and complained when I asked for more of her books. She wouldn't meet me to give them, so I asked her to mail them to me. I had 11 guests show up and she had one of her best shows. I tried to call her to close the PC show and her business show. 3 times on the 28th. I even texted her because that seemed the way she liked to do her business....nothing! Even at 945 last night. Absolutely nothing all afternoon and evening. She has many checks from friends and family for her business and she better not run off with them. UGH! How some people can be so unprofessional. Drives me crazy....I am a follow up and follow thru kinda girl. Just gives me an example of how I don't want to be...Good lesson. Thanks for reading and listening to me go on and on.

Have a great new season everyone!!!!! I hope that you make your goals!

Some people are just like that. I had a show scheduled in Dec w/ another consultant (not a mine for yours thing, she just wanted a PC show) She strung me along and then texted me the day before to cancel. She rescheduled in Jan and actually had a pretty good show(4 or 5 bookings and over $500 in sales), but took her almost 2 weeks to close it. I finally left her a message that I was closing the show and if she wanted to pick her freebies she needed to call me back by XX time on XX day. Heard from her about 2 hrs later.
2 of her bookings have held already and she has both times told me that she wants the Past host item, but then won't get back with me and I have closed them w/o her. I don't know if she doesn't have money or if she really is that busy. Both times I have just cancelled the order and submitted the show w/o her order.
Mine too is a texter (and Facebook IM junkie), but then won't respond to me. One night she actually texted me that she would call me in 20 min and then didn't. I have had to bless and release on her. She is really sweet, but has had many home based businesses. We actually both met my Jan recruit at a Holiday Open House in Dec. My recruit scheduled a show with her and she never called. I think she would've signed up with her had she called her
It is hard. It is frustrating, but it isn't about you. If you still have her PC show open, let her know that you have an obligation to the other guests to get the products ordered and will have to close her show with or without her order. Give her a time and then submit.
If this is about your show with her company, leave her an inquisitive message.... "I'm not really sure how this works, and I supposed to call the Home office of your company to get the show finished?" That might get her attention. If she does run with you and your friend's money, then call the HO for the other company, they should honor the products that you paid for.

Oh and to mention on my flaky host..... she has had the products for over 3 wks now. I just got a message from one of her guests wondering when the products would be in. I nicely let her know that her friend has had them for a few weeks now, but I'm sure has been super busy. There was no need for me to bad mouth her. She is her friend and neighbor and knows her well enough to make her own decisions based on the information and this girl's character.
I know it's frustrating. I had a show Sat w/ a previous PC gal. Told her we needed to close it last night, but of course last night she wasn't ready..... Can't win em all!!!!!

Thanks Leslie for the ear....very nice of you to tell me your story.....This woman has till friday at noon to turn in my show with her company or she has to pay for my extra's out of her pocket.....If I don't hear from her by tomorrow, I will be leaving a message that I called her HO to find out details on what I should do (which I really did)! Thanks again!

A friend of mine just had a home party. Well, when I say just, I mean Feb 2! The consultant kept giving her the run around about submitting her show. First her hubs was sick and then she was getitng busy with her full time job, and more and more excuses. She said at the show that it takes 3-5 business days to ship and then about 2 days to actually arrive. The shippment just came in on Saturday!!!! My friend was extramly frustrated with her and will never have another party with her. It was an aweful experience. Sad thing is that I did trade parties with her. I'm thinking I'm going to make her hold her PC party first and if she drags her feet with me, I'm gonna cancle my party in May!

To put the icing on the cake for my friend, her aunt told her something this consultant said before she left "Tell the host how much fun this was because she won't remember it in the morning!". She had some wine there, but NO ONE was tipsy or anything. That offended the aunt, my friend, and me! Its one thing to think something like that, but not let the host know you were thinking it!!!!

Goes to show you that anyone can do this, but not just anyone can be successful. I had hostess who was a past consultant. She had been an outside order and called me to book. She was nice enough, but was really gossipy about her SIL before the show. The things she was saying really offended me, but I just put a smile on. SIL came to the show, and she and I really hit it off. She booked a show, and come to find out she (SIL) grew up w/ my DH and their families were friends and have just grown apart over the years.
The hostess was terrible, kinda talked about signing before the show, but when I saw her character, decided I wasn't going to pursue that one.

I've always heard not to trade shows with people. I read somewhere that someone said they do one other show a year, so I decided I would make that my motto. I did a jewelry party w/a great lady back in the fall, but wasn't really impressed w/ the quality. I don't know what I'll do next year. Guess it will have to be with the right consultant.

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with another consultant. It's unfortunate when someone in the same industry doesn't uphold the same level of professionalism and follow-through. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I pride myself on providing excellent customer service and timely communication with my clients. I understand the importance of following up and following through with commitments, and it's disappointing to hear that this other consultant didn't share the same values. I hope you were still able to achieve your goal of earning double points in February, and I wish you all the best for the new season ahead. Keep up the great work and stay true to your values!

1. What is the purpose of this rant about other home based businesses?

The purpose of this rant is to address common frustrations and complaints that may arise from individuals who work in home based businesses, as well as to provide a platform for discussing and venting about these issues.

2. Why do you feel the need to bash other home based businesses?

I do not intend to bash other home based businesses, but rather to express my own personal frustrations and experiences in the industry. It is important to have an open dialogue about challenges and obstacles in order to improve and grow as entrepreneurs.

3. Are you trying to discourage people from joining home based businesses?

No, I am not trying to discourage anyone from joining a home based business. In fact, I believe that working from home can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. However, it is important to be aware of potential challenges and to have realistic expectations.

4. Do you think all home based businesses are the same?

No, I do not believe that all home based businesses are the same. Each business is unique and may have different products, services, and business models. However, there can be similarities and shared experiences among those who work in home based businesses.

5. How can I avoid the issues and frustrations mentioned in this rant?

There is no guarantee that you will not encounter any of the issues and frustrations discussed in this rant, as they are a part of the entrepreneurial journey. However, you can minimize their impact by doing thorough research, setting realistic expectations, and continually learning and adapting to the ever-changing business landscape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MaryannNic