• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Compating Other Direct Sales Co. Host Benefits

In summary, the host did not understand why she could not use her hostess dollars towards her half price items. PC does not charge the host taxes when they receive free or half price products.
KBender295
Sorry - "comparing"

Closing out a cooking show and the host could not understand why she could not use her hostess dollars towards her half price items.
Other than explaining it to her when we met originally and it saying it clearly, albeit small print, on the host benefits chart, I began to think that obs. I erred in host coaching. So I asked her why she thought she could. She explained to me that Longaberger allows you to do so. Does anyone know first hand if that is correct?

I don't know about Longaberger, but Thirty-One does NOT.

I don't try to keep up with what the other companies are doing.When I explain our host benefits to the hosts, I tell them to think of it as 2 columns. Add all their 50% off & 60% off in the left column. In the right column, put all the other "full priced" items that they want, total that, subtract the Dollar amount of free stuff that they earned (I'm usually face to face & actually POINTING at the host benefits breakdown to show them the numbers I'm referencing), get that subtotal, then subtract the % that they earned off (pointing to that section) and get a new subtotal. Now add in the 50% & 60% off items to get their taxable total. I also remind them that they get free shipping. If they question it, I tell them that it's either Free, 60% off, 50% off or the 15%-30% discount but that they can't do multiple discounts on any item. They usually get that concept.

Thanks, everyone. I found my answer. As I thought, host dollars can not be used towards half price items plus they do not receive an additional percentage off. I was very irritated for a few reasons - this is a relative of mine who does Longaberger shows often for which I attend; I tried to host coach her and she really didn't want to do much to help hefself have a successful show plus I brought all her ingredients since it was a relative. We were talking all of $12 that she didn't think she should have to pay!!! I always explain to my hosts that the benefits should be treated separately and may not be combined. @ Sheila - I do l ike the two column explanation taking things just another step further. Thanks again!

Many companies charge the host taxes on her free stuff. PC pays the taxes for our hosts. Many companies limit what a host can get for free or 1/2 off- PC does not. They also charge shipping on the retail value the host gets for free and half price- again PC does not. Plus my last point is the quality of our products. Free or half price junk is no bargain.

I always explain to questioning hosts, that the items are only 50% off, not 100% off - that's why they can't use their host dollars there.

my hosts always say how great it is and they cannot believe how much they get :love:

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with your host and her confusion about using her hostess dollars towards half price items. I can understand how this may have been frustrating for both you and your host. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can confirm that hostess dollars cannot be used towards half price items. This information is clearly stated in our host benefits chart and is also explained during the initial host coaching session. I have not personally worked with Longaberger, but from my understanding, each direct sales company may have different policies and benefits for their hosts. It's important to make sure that your host understands the specific benefits and rules for your company to avoid any confusion in the future. I hope this helps clarify the situation for you and your host. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you for being a part of the Pampered Chef community!

1. How does Pampered Chef compare to other direct sales companies in terms of host benefits?

Pampered Chef offers competitive host benefits compared to other direct sales companies. We offer generous discounts, free and discounted products, and the opportunity to earn host credits towards your own purchases.

2. What discounts can hosts receive when hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosts can receive discounts on their own purchases based on the total sales from their party. The more sales, the higher the discount, with a maximum discount of 30% off.

3. Are there any additional perks for hosts when hosting a Pampered Chef party?

In addition to discounts, hosts can also earn free products based on the total sales from their party. The host can choose from a selection of popular Pampered Chef products to add to their collection.

4. How do host credits work in Pampered Chef?

Host credits are earned when a party reaches a certain sales level. These credits can be used towards purchases of any Pampered Chef products, including those that are discounted or on sale.

5. Can hosts earn rewards or bonuses for hosting multiple parties with Pampered Chef?

Yes, we offer rewards and bonuses for hosts who continue to host parties with Pampered Chef. This can include free products, increased discounts, or other special perks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • PamperedPrincess74
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • angmillar
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies