• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Generating Business: Seeking Advice on Sending Letters to Past Clients

In summary, the author is a home mortgage consultant and is trying to generate business. He is not sure if it is appropriate to send a letter to his past clients asking for their contact information, but is considering doing so. If he hosted a show and invited his past clients to the show, it would be the same thing.
Humble Beginnings
Hi everyone,

I'm really trying to generate business and a friend of mine suggested sending a letter to my past clients I have help obtain a mortgage on their homes. Basically I'm a home mortgage consultant full time but due to the industry started doing PC for some extra money and just to escapte from all the doom and gloom in the housing market. I love PC and really wish I had some shows booked. I'm really not sure what to write in the letter and am hoping for some ideas here. As mentioned I helped them with a mortgage and this is a completely different ball park not sure if it is appropriate to do or even if I send and spend the $ on postage if I will get anything out of it. Any advice will be appreciated.

I'm trying to work through the ethics of that. Would the info you have concerning past clients be considered confidential? Would it be considered unwanted solicitation to take that info, and use it for a different purpose other than for home mortgages?

I'm just not sure.

What if you hosted a Show, and invited them to the show? Would that be the same thing?

I'm sort of typing out loud here, musing over this.

i'm not sure about the ethics of that either. if your only contact with these ppl were helping them with their mortgage, they may not be open to the idea. i only say that because if the person i got my mortgage thru were to contact me about their direct sell biz, i'm not sure if i would be happy about that let alone respond. i'm not trying to be a negative nelly, but i don't think i would do it. i think i would be more receptive to being invited to join a show as becky suggested. that is just my opinion though.

I was wondering that too I think that is why I'm hesitant but if it would be ok then I'm just trying to think how to phrase it.

I wonder if instead you could see about doing a Congrats gift to people that just got their mortgages?

Related to Generating Business: Seeking Advice on Sending Letters to Past Clients

1. How often should I send letters to past clients?

It is recommended to send letters to past clients at least once every quarter. This allows you to stay top-of-mind without overwhelming them with too many messages. However, the frequency can also depend on the type of product or service you offer and the seasonality of your business.

2. What should I include in the letter to entice past clients to do business with me again?

Make sure to include a personalized message that shows your appreciation for their past business. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for returning clients, highlight new products or services, or share customer testimonials to showcase the quality of your offerings.

3. How can I track the success of my letter campaign?

There are a few ways to track the success of your letter campaign. You can include a unique code or link in the letter for clients to use when making a purchase, which will allow you to track the number of conversions. You can also include a survey or feedback form to gather insights from clients about their experience with your business.

4. Is it better to send physical letters or emails to past clients?

This can depend on your target audience and the type of message you want to convey. Physical letters can feel more personal and may have a higher chance of being opened and read. Emails, on the other hand, can be more cost-effective and allow for easy tracking and follow-up. Consider using a combination of both methods for a well-rounded approach.

5. What are some tips for writing effective letters to past clients?

First and foremost, make sure to personalize the letter by addressing the client by name and mentioning specific details about their past business with you. Keep the letter concise and easy to read, and include a clear call-to-action. Use a professional tone and avoid using too much sales language. Lastly, proofread your letter before sending to ensure it is error-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • kcmckay