• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Pampered Chef Consultant Seeking Advice for Successful Cooking Shows | Erin

In summary, Erin is a new consultant who has hosted two parties in the last ten days and has three more in June. Erin is nervous about her business on Guam because it is a small island and she doesn't know many people. Erin found that the outline in her starter kit helped her to be more organized and to relate what she was using to the items in her kit. Erin is going to re-read the outline and practice more.
cookingmommy
Hi Everyone,

My name is Erin and I am new to Pampered Chef. I have been surfing this site and it is wonderful!!!!!!!

I am actually living in Guam right now because my husband is in the navy and we are stationed there. I happen to be home in CT for two months so I had my new consultant kit sent home and I have had two parties in the last 10 days and have 3 more in June. Of course it is all friends and family...I haven't found anyone to host parties in July before I leave on the 23rd. I'm really nervous about the business in Guam since it is such a small island and I don't know as many people so if anyone as any advice I would love to hear it (or read it rather, lol)

Anyways...I was wondering if anyone or everyone could give me a basic summary of how they run their cooking show. I found myself kindof all over the place (verbally) while I was demonstrating and trying to cover everything. Everyone said I did a good job but I just felt very unorganized and I hate that feeling.

Also, do you hand out a catalog and order form before your presentation so they can look through it or after. Any help would be appreciated. It cost me over $2000 just to physically get myself, husband, and infant son home to visit my family and I am really hoping for big things from my business!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Erin

Hi Erin!

I know that feel :p It got better for me the more I've done shows.

I still don't have a set patter. I was told to be sure I talk about the major collections: Stoneware, Cutlery, Cookware and SA. Also, to have something I talk about when I touch certain items - like recruiting when I touch the Chopper, or booking when I touch the Ultimate Mandoline. What you relate to each item isn't important. It's building in little clues and reminders to yourself.

Usually what I do is talk about whatever I pick up to use at any given moment. So, when I pick up the knife, I talk about the cutlery, for example.

Anyway, I got over feeling like I had to talk about every item in my kit! You will, too ;)

Have fun!

I do the same thing. It does get easier and I started to like the spontaneous feeling b/c I knew my show wouldn't be the same each time (for my repeat people). As for meeting new people, maybe find a coffee shop or some retail store that you find comfortable and approach the owner about putting a drawing box on their counter. Have drawing slips (make sure asking if they are familiar with PC, interested in learning more, hosting show, etc) and that you will draw a name for a certain product or a gift certificate (which is my preference). Then you end up with names that may be interested. I've heard others say contact everyone and tell them they won a free show, which means you pay for the recipe (and maybe plates, plasticware-or our outdoor party plates & utensils).Maybe even set up a booth or demo a recipe at one of the businesses if you can.

Hi Erin,

Once you get back to Guam, send me a PM. I have a customer lead for you that just moved to Guam (Air Force family). She loves PC, but just couldn't fit in a show before she left. She may not do a show there (husband is taking a command position), but she would probably order and than have your name to pass around.

Kris

I found that the outline in the handbook you get in your starter kit really helps. I also hand out my catalogs and order forms before the show so they can start marking the things they want.

Kris,

Thanks for the possible lead. Even if she only wants to buy a few things it would be great to meet someone new especially if it is from the other side of the island. Maybe it would lead to a party or two from that area. I don't really know anyone who sells PC in Guam but my director (who left the island right after I met her and signed) said that there isn't very many people. Maybe I can open the market up and find recruits!!!!!

Thanks everyone else, I'm going to re-read the outline in the starter kit for ideas. I guess practice makes perfect. I am just way too obsessive compulsive to be "all over the place" in my presentations.

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant offers a variety of benefits, including:

• Flexible schedule
  • Opportunity to earn extra income
  • Access to high-quality kitchen products
  • Training and support from experienced consultants
  • Networking and social opportunities

How do I book successful cooking shows as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

Here are some tips for booking successful cooking shows:

• Reach out to your network of family and friends
  • Utilize social media to promote your shows
  • Offer incentives for hosting a show, such as free products or discounts
  • Partner with local businesses or organizations to host shows
  • Attend community events and showcase your products

What are some effective ways to demonstrate Pampered Chef products during a cooking show?

Here are some tips for effectively demonstrating Pampered Chef products during a cooking show:

• Prepare a few simple and delicious recipes using the products
  • Highlight the unique features and benefits of each product
  • Encourage audience participation and allow them to try out the products themselves
  • Share personal experiences and testimonials about the products
  • Offer special discounts or promotions for purchasing products during the show

How can I increase my sales as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Here are some tips for increasing your sales as a Pampered Chef consultant:

• Build strong relationships with your customers and provide excellent customer service
  • Offer personalized recommendations based on your customers' needs and preferences
  • Create themed cooking shows or events to attract a specific audience
  • Utilize social media to showcase your products and reach a wider audience
  • Stay up-to-date on new products and promotions to offer your customers

What resources are available to help me succeed as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a variety of resources to help you succeed, including:

• Training and support from experienced consultants
  • Online tools and resources, such as training videos and product information
  • Monthly newsletters and updates from the company
  • Opportunities for networking and collaboration with other consultants
  • Marketing materials and promotional resources

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Erin Bender
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Tammie Allen