• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Picking up Business After a Move

In summary, the businesswoman is experiencing difficulty since November and has just moved. She is planning to do an open house on the 20th, but is considering other ways to generate interest in the event. She has consulted with a consultant in the past who has had more success by attending local small businesses and networking. She also recommends that the businesswoman join her local chamber of commerce.
linojackie
My business hasn't been really good since November (which was my best month ever, btw) and to top it off, we just moved. I am planning to do an open house on the 20th and invite all my neighbors. I have done it in the past with flyers, etc and had no results to speak of. I was thinking maybe handwriting invitations this time and knocking on doors to give them the invite. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Get the training CD off the supply order called "Move it, Don't Lose It"

I have a consultant on my team that moved in December and she is just starting to get some momentum in her new area.
She has a small amount of family in her new location and they are trying to help her break out of her circle but in addition, she is attending fairs, booths, etc.
Recently, she was able to get a booth for free and was able to ask many of the attendees if they were currently working with a PC consultant. Many said no! So she was able to get names and contacts, provide them with her information and then follow up with her leads.
Flyers and brochures will not creat much business if any.
Perhaps going door to door and introducing yourself would be better. Then people can meet you instead of a flyer.
No matter how many times you hear "no" put a smile back on your face and talk to the next person.
Good luck and I am sure that you will receive many good pieces of advice from other on here as well!

I got a great piece of advice from a gal I sat with at the New Directors Breakfast at Leadership. She moves her business about every two years. I moved to a new state the beginning of Feb and am so grateful I got to meet this gal!

She makes a point of visiting the small 'mom and pop' shops in her new area. She introduces yourself and is then very up front in stating she just recently relocated and is looking to rebuild her business....and then she asks if they would be interested in hosting a show or could refer her to someone who would.

I've found this works (once I got past the normal anxiety of opening my mouth to strangers!). Other female small business owners are especially open to at least listening to me. My first show in my new town was with the owner of a local coffee shop. I have another show this month with the owner of a hair salon. Most businesses weren't inclined to do a show, but are allowing me to leave my business cards and/or post info.

If you have the extra free time and resources, you may want to consider joining your local chamber of commerce. It's just my DH and I, so I can make the time to take advantage of various mixers and such. My chamber membership was $220....but I've already had four shows as a direct result and have four more scheduled (I joined last month). More importantly, it gives me the opportunity to get involved in the community (which I enjoy) while also meeting scads more people than I would otherwise. [One huge disclaimer: to make chamber membership worthwhile, you really have to be willing to take the lead and introduce yourself at mixers and business luncheons. Also, some folks aren't used to taking direct sales reps seriously, but will respect your business if you do.]

Last, but not least, that Move It, Don't Lose It CD is awesome (and it features our own Morfia!).

Hope this helps.....especially the advice about talking with other small business owners. They understand!

leggy

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your business hasn't been doing as well since November. It can be tough when things slow down, but it's great that you have a positive attitude and are planning to do an open house. Handwritten invitations and knocking on doors is a great idea! Personalized invitations can make a big difference and can show your neighbors that you truly value their presence at your open house. You could also consider offering a special discount or free gift for those who attend. Another suggestion would be to utilize social media to spread the word about your open house and reach a wider audience. Good luck with your event and I hope it brings in some new customers for you!

Related to Picking up Business After a Move

1. How can I find new customers after a move?

One way to find new customers after a move is to reach out to your friends and family in your new area and let them know about your business. You can also attend local events and networking opportunities, join community groups, and utilize social media to connect with potential customers.

2. How can I let my previous customers know about my move?

You can send out an email or newsletter to your previous customers informing them of your move and providing them with your new contact information. You can also post about your move on social media and include a link to your new website or online store.

3. What strategies can I use to attract new customers in my new area?

Some strategies you can use to attract new customers in your new area include offering special promotions or discounts for new customers, hosting a launch party or open house to introduce yourself and your business to the community, and collaborating with other local businesses for cross-promotion.

4. How can I build a local presence and establish myself as a trusted source?

To build a local presence and establish yourself as a trusted source, consider joining local business groups and organizations, participating in community events, and offering cooking demonstrations or classes in your area. You can also offer personalized consultations and follow-up with customers to ensure their satisfaction.

5. How can I keep my previous customers engaged and interested in my business after a move?

To keep your previous customers engaged and interested in your business after a move, you can continue to send them updates and promotions through email or social media, offer loyalty rewards or referral programs, and provide exceptional customer service to ensure they have a positive experience with your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hlynn424
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AnnieBee