• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Out of My Comfort Zone!

In summary, my goal with PC is to widen my circle of friends and one way I'm going to do that is to personally knock on each door in my cul-de-sac and invite all my neighbors to my grand opening.
julesh
I was sharing with my director this morning on a phone meeting that one of my goals with PC was to widen my circle of friends (we relocated 3.5 yrs. ago from my hometown), and one way I'm going to do that is to personally knock on each door in my cul-de-sac and invite all my neighbors to my grand opening. We moved into this house a year ago and I've only met a couple of neighbors.
Should I come bearing gifts, like homemade cookies? Or should I just give them my grand opening flyer and a catalog?

I would do the flyer & catalog, and a little home baked goody! Maybe an appetizer sized paper plate of the 2 step fudge??Good luck!!!

Sounds great to me, guess I should move near JK! LOL!!

My neighbor did this when she first moved to our neighborhood...except first she just put flyers on over 100 homes. Then she followed-up by knocking on everyone's door and introducing herself. About 30 people came, over $1,000 show, and she got several bookings and 2 recruits--myself being one of them! Good luck!

I have a quick fudge recipe at home...it is a microwave one (tastes great)...you can tell them you used a microcooker to make it. :) I'll try to look it up tonight...

TwinGirlsMom said:
My neighbor did this when she first moved to our neighborhood...except first she just put flyers on over 100 homes. Then she followed-up by knocking on everyone's door and introducing herself. About 30 people came, over $1,000 show, and she got several bookings and 2 recruits--myself being one of them! Good luck!

That's encouraging! Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to make jumbo choc. chip cookies (using the big scoop), and just put them in a plastic bag tied with curl ribbon. Sound good?

julesh said:
That's encouraging! Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to make jumbo choc. chip cookies (using the big scoop), and just put them in a plastic bag tied with curl ribbon. Sound good?
Sounds very cute! I am sure they will like the personal touch...hopefully you will get a lot of leads! (customers, bookings, recruits!)

:)

What a great idea! I wish I lived in a cul-de-sac. Hum. Maybe if I go stand out on Hwy 54 and throw flyers at them as they FLY by my house! LOL j/k.

I really need to get off here....my mind is starting to go to mush and I don't wanna hijack a great thread! ;)

hoosierchef said:
What a great idea! I wish I lived in a cul-de-sac. Hum. Maybe if I go stand out on Hwy 54 and throw flyers at them as they FLY by my house!

:D Thanks for the chuckle!

Would be anxious to hear how it turns out. I have several consultants that are military spouse and it is difficult for them to form new circles of customers. And then once they do get semi settled in, they are relocated to another base. I am hoping that I can develop this so when they do transfer, they can start another new business with more recruits, etc.
I need to get out of my comfort zone too! Thanks for the inspiration!:)

What a great idea...... I jsut move into my neighborhood about 4 months ago.. I still dont' know my neighbors very well.. That's a cute idea!

Whew! I've done 1/2 the block and had to come inside for a bit! It's ultra-humid today, PLUS the pollen in GA this time of year is out-of-control and I'm suffering terribly with allergies.
I think for the rest of the block, I'm going to ditch the cookie idea. People seemed kind of awkward about accepting them. I think they're just not used to friendliness and hospitality! (And just between us, I think one woman I talked to was high on somethin' - she was a little scary!)
So far, I've given flyers and a catalog to anyone that was home, and just left a flyer in the doors that no one answered.

julesh said:
People seemed kind of awkward about accepting them. I think they're just not used to friendliness and hospitality! (And just between us, I think one woman I talked to was high on somethin' - she was a little scary!)

Maybe you should have made her brownies instead???? ;)

janetupnorth said:
LOL!

Dang length requirement!!!!!!

janetupnorth said:

I'm thinkin' she'd already had one too many brownies!;)

ETA:
All done! A lot of people weren't home but got to personally talk to about 6 neighbors and then left about 7 flyers on doors. Does that count as my 3 contacts for the day? ;) Seriously, I have to make at least 2 phone calls now for potential bookings.

Last edited:

1. How can I push myself out of my comfort zone?

One way to push yourself out of your comfort zone is to set specific goals that challenge you and make you feel uncomfortable. This could be trying a new activity or signing up for a class in a subject you're not familiar with. It's important to remember that getting out of your comfort zone is a gradual process and it's okay to start small.

2. Why is it important to step out of my comfort zone?

Stepping out of your comfort zone can lead to personal growth and development. It allows you to build confidence, develop new skills, and learn more about yourself. It can also open up new opportunities and experiences that you may not have had if you stayed within your comfort zone.

3. How can I overcome the fear of stepping out of my comfort zone?

The fear of stepping out of your comfort zone is completely normal. One way to overcome this fear is to start small and take baby steps. Celebrate small successes and remember to be patient with yourself. It's also helpful to have a support system of friends and family who can encourage and motivate you.

4. What are some tips for making the transition out of my comfort zone easier?

Some tips for making the transition easier include preparing and planning ahead, having a positive mindset, and being open to new experiences. It's also important to take breaks and practice self-care during this process. Remember to be patient with yourself and celebrate your progress along the way.

5. How do I know when I've successfully stepped out of my comfort zone?

Stepping out of your comfort zone is a personal journey and the definition of success may vary for each individual. Some signs that you have successfully stepped out of your comfort zone include feeling proud of yourself, gaining new skills and knowledge, and feeling more confident and comfortable with taking risks. Remember to celebrate your achievements and continue to challenge yourself in new ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
Replies
Views
ilovepc