• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling discouraged after my Grand Opening - Will my business ever take off?

In summary, Vanessa was disappointed with her first show. She did three cooking shows and three catalog shows and all of them went much better. She recommends focusing on the positive and preparing for the show.
thedancingchef
I just finished my open house Grand Opening. I sent out tons of invites (70+), reminded some of them, fixed lots of PC recipies for samples, cleaned my house and only 6 people showed up with less than $100 combined orders and 1 catalogue show booking. I still have 2 other outside orders coming in, but I doubt I will top $200. I just feel really discouraged since I put so much effort into this and really expected it to go much better. It seems like so many of you had spectacular starts...am I ever going to make it?

I have my first shows this Friday and Saturday and am really feeling so bummed out it's hard for me to be excited about them. I'm sure others of you have gone through similiar experiences. Any uplifting stories or advice is needed.

Focus on the positive. No "stinkin' thinkin'" allowed. The positive is that you have a clean house, you have one catalog booking and you have two more shows coming up. Expect great things and prepare for them. You will have a chance to ask everyone at your next two shows if they would like information about the business or if they would like to have a show. Make sure you do your host coaching this next week, and stay positive before, during, and after the calls. Keep trying to make three contacts a day between now and then. Your business will take off, but you will have to work at it consistantly. You can do it!

I invited over 80 people to my first show. (Thankfully I didn't go through the trouble of cleaning, my director let me have it at her house). Anyhow, only 4 people showed up (at least 10 had RSVP'd and due to recent layoffs, a pending divorce, etc., all I sold at that party was one pair of bamboo tongs!
Talk about disappointment!!
Anyhow, I have since done 3 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows and all of them gone much better.
Hang in there. It's only one show. It'll get better.
Watching the Cooking shows in action DVD really helped me prepare for my first on my own experience

I'm sorry you're bummed. :( But if it makes you feel better...I had to work my tail off to get quailifed (each show finished around 150) & I've yet to get 1k or more. It DOES get better (& easier) as you get out there more...just try to put this one behind you & concentrate on the next one. My last one closed at 700 & I couldn't believe it but I've finally found my groove & I'm sure you will too. :)

Please don't start out by comparing yourself to others. Seriously. Every consultant is different. Off the top of my head I know that there are different

• groups of family & friends
  • geographic areas (I live in the middle of nowhere)
  • socio-economic areas (can you say "Rust-belt?")
  • levels of PC interest (has everyone been to three shows in the last two weeks?)
Any of these and so many others can make a huge difference in how your first (and second, and third, and . . . well, you can see where I'm going) show.

Don't give up. Many of us made fairly slow starts.

You know, I have them every so often, an "open house" and they are never quite successful.

I would recommend calling your guests (assuming you know them well) and say "Sorry I missed you on Saturday at the Grand Opening, I still have the party open, would you like to place an order?"

Or segway (sp?) into "I am really sorry you missed the Grand Opening, but since I am new at this would you be interested in hosting a show for me?"

I am not creative tonite on the wording (very tired) but you get the idea....Good luck

When you call, be sure and tell them that it was a lot of fun and so sorry they couldn't make it.

Vanessa is right. Telling people you are new and asking for their help is great. You only start PC once and there is someone out there who wants to help you. My neighbor whom I didn't know too well, hosted a party for me when I asked. It made me VERY nervous to ask but I'm so glad she did. Turns out, she had sold Usborne Books for a while and knew how hard those first few months could be.

This experience will also help you host coach better. You can say, "You really have to invite EVERYONE you know. I did at my very first show and still didn't have the turn out I expected." You can also understand how they feel calling people to remind, ask for orders and follow up with guests who didn't come.

Just a thought-there is a great HWC Press Release on Consultant's Corner. Free advertising if your paper will put it in. (I live in a small town, so news is slow!!) That would be a great way to get your name out as the PC lady!! When people call you about HWC products ask if they would like to host a show or HWC Fundraiser!

Thank you, everyone for your uplifting responses. I am feeling a bit better now. I will call a few of those who didn't make it and invite them to host a show. Hopefully some of those will open some doors.

I am in a small town and only have 3 main circles with which to work (church, neighborhood & MOMS Club). It seems that once I've had a friend from any of those categories host, they invite only those other people I know and not anyone new. I was hoping that this open house would help break those rings a bit, since I invited many others outside the ring that I don't normally come in contact with.

I'm so glad I have you all to help me through this. I never thought I would be so emotionally tied so early on.

1. What is "Bummed After Grand Opening?"

"Bummed After Grand Opening" is a common feeling experienced by new Pampered Chef consultants after their initial launch party. It refers to the disappointment and frustration that can come from not meeting sales expectations or feeling overwhelmed with starting a new business.

2. Why do new consultants feel "bummed" after their grand opening?

There are a few reasons for this feeling. First, new consultants may have high sales expectations and may feel disappointed if they don't meet them right away. Additionally, starting a new business can be overwhelming and may lead to feelings of frustration or burnout.

3. How can I overcome feeling "bummed" after my grand opening?

The key to overcoming this feeling is to have realistic expectations and to remember that building a successful business takes time. It's important to focus on the positives and celebrate small wins along the way. Additionally, reaching out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and advice can be helpful.

4. What can Pampered Chef do to help with this feeling?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for new consultants, including training materials, webinars, and a supportive community of fellow consultants. Additionally, reaching out to your Pampered Chef mentor or upline for guidance and support can be beneficial.

5. Is feeling "bummed" after the grand opening normal?

Yes, it is completely normal to experience a range of emotions when starting a new business. It's important to remember that setbacks and challenges are a natural part of the process, and with determination and perseverance, you can overcome any initial feelings of disappointment and build a successful Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007