• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Opening Show Results: Lessons Learned and Plans for Future Success

In summary, the host's first show wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be due to some outside factors. However, they are still motivated and are looking to improve their skills next month.
riggs62
Well my first show was tonight at my house. I'm trying to not sound bummed, but I kinda am! I've previously hosted two PC shows at my house in the past two years. Both were about $900 shows. Tonight for my grand opening 5 people didn't show out of 10 :confused: and my show sales before I get a few outside orders is $366 and one booking. I am going to contact those that didn't make it to see if they want to order. And I have two people that told me in advance that they couldn't come but want to order. I was really optimistic about this month (I have 6 shows booked), but I thought for sure this would be a big one.
Do you think I didn't host coach myself enough ? :eek:
But let me tell you the horrible events leading up to the show. The A/C went out...(it hit 98 degrees here today). We cooked two things in the oven prior to the show and one during...(hot). My baby was to babysat by my teenager during the show was running a fever and we had to take turns holding him. He ended up just being overheated cuz of the sweat box we were in. UGH. I guess I'm surprised it went as well as it did.
Well, I'm going to coach the heck out of my mom and my other two upcoming hosts this week. I want to recruit at least one this month too. I will not let this get me down!!!!
thanks for listening to my tirade....

Were the 10 you mentioned ones that actually of the RSVPs

I am assuming you did reminder call or e-mails a few days before the show.

It was a tough day and you have lots of shows lined up You seem very motivated - Keep up the good work

Kat

Yes, 10 RSVPs...bummer. Two of my shows are out of town this month, I'm really going to work on my coaching to make the most of them.

Actually, a $366 show for just starting out is pretty good!! I know your other shows were much higher, but do you remember what time of the year you had them? I find that my shows this time of the year are much smaller than Fall and Winter. It's vacation time for many, plus gas just keeps going up!!

Just hang in there, it will happen!

jenniferlynne said:
I find that my shows this time of the year are much smaller than Fall and Winter. It's vacation time for many, plus gas just keeps going up!!

QUOTE]

That's good info to know- I figure people will buy up for Christmas presents in the fall- that's what I'm hitting hard at.

OP- did you advertise any specials or anything- like mystery host or something? I did that with my grand opening show at my house- gave away discounts on items and free host gift, etc... I of course only did $500, but for my area, that's pretty decent.

Plus, some of my hosts are sad they don't get the turnout they expected- vacation, weddings, graduations, home remodeling, etc... plus those stinkin gas prices...ugh.

Related to Grand Opening Show Results: Lessons Learned and Plans for Future Success

What were the top lessons learned from the grand opening show?

The top lessons learned from the grand opening show were the importance of proper planning and preparation, the power of effective marketing and promotions, the significance of engaging and connecting with customers, the impact of high-quality products and services, and the value of continuously seeking feedback and making improvements.

How did the grand opening show contribute to the success of the business?

The grand opening show significantly contributed to the success of the business by generating buzz and excitement around the brand, increasing brand awareness and visibility, attracting new customers, and showcasing the company's products and services. It also provided an opportunity to gather feedback and make improvements for future success.

What were some challenges faced during the grand opening show?

Some challenges faced during the grand opening show included managing logistics and ensuring everything ran smoothly, dealing with unexpected issues or technical difficulties, and effectively communicating with a large audience. Additionally, managing customer expectations and delivering a memorable experience for everyone in attendance was also a challenge.

What were the most successful strategies used during the grand opening show?

The most successful strategies used during the grand opening show were leveraging social media to promote and create buzz, offering special promotions and discounts, providing interactive and engaging activities for attendees, and showcasing the company's unique products and services. Additionally, having a well-organized and well-trained team played a key role in the success of the event.

What are the plans for future grand opening shows?

The plans for future grand opening shows include implementing the lessons learned from the first event, continuously seeking feedback and making improvements, expanding the reach and impact of the show through targeted marketing strategies, and incorporating new and innovative ideas to keep attendees engaged and excited. The goal is to make each grand opening show better than the last and drive continued success for the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • RachelNguyen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Loriann
Replies