• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with No-Show Guests: My Experience and Lessons Learned

R
RachelNguyen
Well,

after 6 months of great shows, I finally had one where no guests showed up. Poop.

I got nervous when the host said to me "have you ever had a show where no guests showed up?" This at about 6:45 pm.

It turns out she didn't make any calls. And while I think she did send out a ton of invitations, she didn't mail them until this week, so they got to people the day before yesterday or so.

It's not true that nobody showed. We had exactly paying guests.

What a drag.

Makes me think I need to work on my host coaching, LOL!

Rachel

PS: This means, unfortunately, that my June is going to be slim pickings. I will definately not be getting to 3K.

Bummer.

Oh, well. You live and learn! Lol.

I've had 2- 2 guest shows but that was my smallest so far and both had 2 bookings at each! Which goes to show you never want to prejudge a small show turnout I guess!
3k is an awesome level to reach but I will be lucky to reach $1500 this month! So level 1 is what I am hoping for at this point!

That stinks, I had the same experience last night, actually before the show the host gave me the feeling that she was fibbing about the confirmed amount coming (she said 8)...three people showed, and all of them were trying very hard to let me know they didn't want to be there, and that they didn't even know or use the Pampered Chef products, I grinned and beared it....got two sales, and she is going to try and get some outside orders, it was a learning experience....
I am reviewing the DVD right now, since I have another party at 1:00 today....good luck!:)

It makes is so much harder when the host doesn't do the follow up. I got some great advice, if you don't mind me sharing and its really helped boost attendance. I call the host two days before the show and tell this this: "I am sooo sorry, I completely forgot to tell you this, but I am holding an ugly pot holder contest. Could you please call all of your guests and let them know? I feel bad to do this at the last minute, bit I am offering a really cool prize and didn't want anyone to miss out." Usually the host says "Oh, no porblem" and makes the calls. :p One host sent out 15 invites. I know bad, right? Well, she had 13 attend!!! That breaks all of the statistics for attendance! And the guests were so excited about it, it was hilarious!

That's a great idea Anne. When I was a hostess...my then consultant (now Advanced Director) called me 2 days before and did the same thing but asked me to have them bring their dullest knives (we sold a knife sharpener then) and she would sharpen them (and then sold them all knives and knife sharpeners - LOL)...I had a 36 person show with $1400+ in sales for her!

I had a show at the very beginning of me selling PC where one guest showed. I was bummed and started early in my Host Coaching skills. Thought I was doing good...until now. I have a bad feeling about my show today. She is telling me 8 confirmed but then found out from a good friend of hers that she and her husband live paycheck to paycheck and she never sent out the invitations (didn't want to pay for the postage). She just called people. This is show #2 for June. I tried the Dollar Days promotion and just didn't receive good results and also tried the Book to Look with no results. June, July and Aug. are really slim. I am hoping it is just vacations, graduation parties, etc. I am in Wave 3 and am hoping to get tips on getting people to commit to a date. I currently have 13 possible hosts (prior guests) still not committing to dates. I have a problem pressuring people in setting a date. UGG!!:confused:

I had this happen during my SS month 2 - nobody showed up. My hostess was a very sweet lady in my neighborhood, but she only invited people from her bible study group, and unfortunately her show was the same day as the bible study potluck.

What I learned from that was to do better host coaching - encourage the hostess to invite from many different groups (work, neighbors, school, etc.), and I try to always mail the inivitations myself and make the reminder calls for my hostess. I like to be in control!

1. What should I do if no guests show up for my event?

In this situation, it's important to stay calm and assess the situation. First, try to find out if there was a misunderstanding or miscommunication with the guests or the host. If not, focus on making the best experience for the guests who did show up. You can also use this as a learning experience to improve your host coaching and event planning in the future.

2. How can I avoid having no-show guests at my event?

To prevent no-show guests, it's important to have clear communication and follow-up with your host and guests. Make sure invitations are sent out with enough time for guests to RSVP and plan accordingly. Regularly check in with your host to ensure they are promoting the event and following through with any necessary tasks. Additionally, consider implementing a cancellation policy or requiring a deposit to secure a spot at the event.

3. Should I still hold the event if only a few guests show up?

It ultimately depends on the type of event and your own personal preference. If the event can still run smoothly with a smaller group, then it may be worth it to continue. However, if the event requires a certain number of guests for it to be successful, it may be best to reschedule or cancel and focus on promoting future events.

4. How can I make the best of a situation where no guests show up?

Although it may be disappointing, there are still ways to salvage the event and make it a positive experience. Use this as an opportunity to network and connect with the guests who did show up. You can also use the extra time to gather feedback and make improvements for future events. And remember to stay positive and learn from the experience.

5. What steps can I take to ensure a successful event in the future?

To increase the chances of a successful event, it's important to have a solid plan in place and communicate effectively with your host and guests. Make sure all necessary tasks and promotions are completed in a timely manner. Additionally, gather feedback from guests and make improvements based on their suggestions. Continuously evaluate and adjust your event planning process to ensure future events are successful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies