• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Hosts and Show Success: My Experience as a Consultant

In summary, the speaker is feeling discouraged about their recent shows, which have not been very successful and have barely made the minimum requirement of $200. They have some bookings for the fall but are considering giving up. Another person encourages them to keep trying and offers suggestions for improvement such as seeking help from their director and utilizing online and tele training. They also mention that the current slow season may be a factor and that things will likely pick up in the fall.
northern_sunshine
I just feel like I can't get a break when it comes to shows. I've done 5 (not many) since I started and my highest was under $350 ($200 is the CDN minimum for it to be a show). 3 of them just barely squeaked past the $200 mark. I've got about a half dozen bookings for fall, but that's about it.

My last show was a daytime show that was right after the host had a jewelry party. Her idea was to have guests stay all day and have lunch but she didn't want it affecting her evening shows. Half the guests had left, none seemed really interested in what I was doing and it just barely squeaked over $200. She's my MK lady and it made me uncomfortable a bit cause she can sell snow to eskimos and she seemed disappointed in the way we reward hosts.

Is it the season? Am I getting bum hosts? None of them seem to put any effort in, regardless of how much host coaching I do or how many times they've done a PC show. Is it me? I'm on the verge of just doing what shows I have booked for the fall and giving up. :(

It will get better... Don't give up! I'm in about the same boat as you with minimal shows, but I know I need to just get out there and get over my fears of talking to people. I love this path I've chosen and I'm determined to make it work! Whatever it takes... and as far as her being disappointed in our host rewards... is she crazy?!?!
I think it's the best out there! No it has nothing to do with you.. I think it's just the season right now.. people are busy vacationing and whatnot. I'm sure this will all start picking up in the fall... who wouldn't want our upcoming specials! They would have to be nuts!! Hold your head high and get out there! Be positive and eventually positive things will start to happen for you!

angela
have you asked your director for help?
maybe go and watch a few of her shows as training?
do some of the online training and tele classes?
get some of the training cd's and listen to them?

keep trying fall will be better :)
chin up

1. What is "Just Can't Get a Break..." all about?

"Just Can't Get a Break..." is a collection of delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes from Pampered Chef that are perfect for busy individuals or families. These recipes use simple ingredients and can be made in a short amount of time, making meal preparation a breeze.

2. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in "Just Can't Get a Break..." recipes are easy to find and can be found in most grocery stores. We also offer ingredient substitutions and tips for customization, so you can make these recipes with ingredients you already have at home.

3. Are there any special kitchen tools required for these recipes?

No, all of the recipes in "Just Can't Get a Break..." can be made using basic kitchen tools that you likely already have, such as a mixing bowl, measuring cups, and a baking sheet. However, if you have Pampered Chef products, they can make the cooking process even easier and more efficient.

4. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Absolutely! Many of the recipes in "Just Can't Get a Break..." can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer for later use. This is perfect for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time to cook.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in "Just Can't Get a Break..."?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan options in "Just Can't Get a Break...". We label all recipes with dietary restrictions, so it's easy to find recipes that fit your specific needs. Additionally, many of the recipes can be easily adapted to fit dietary restrictions with simple ingredient substitutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies