• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Shows & Low Turnouts - Sharing Experiences

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of no-shows at parties and how it can affect sales. Some hosts have had a lot of no-shows, but others have had successful shows despite a lower turnout. The conversation also mentions the importance of having an enthusiastic host and how it can positively impact sales and bookings. Some hosts have used tactics like offering incentives and creating a fun atmosphere to encourage guests to order and book shows. It is also mentioned that summer weekends may not be the best time for parties due to vacations and other events. Overall, the conversation emphasizes the importance of staying positive and focusing on the success of the hostess in order to have successful parties.
susanr613
Gold Member
Is it just me, or did anyone else have a lot of no-shows? I have had 3 shows so far, and at each, not even half the confirmed guests showed up, and/or most invitees had weddings and graduations to attend. 2 shows are at or above $500, but the third is not even $100. Fortunately, that host wants the 12" skillet, so she knows what she needs to do today and tomorrow.

Altho it was disappointing to have so many people bail, on the other hand it made the shows relaxed and more fun for me. So, not all is lost.

How 'bout you all?

Had one of those Saturday...expecting 8-10, had 4 show up. (thankfully, she had over $200 in outside orders!) This Saturday is my last weekend show for the summer....I've been doing this for 5 summers, and know that for me, weekend shows just aren't a good option during the summer.

The 2 exceptions are Bridal Showers, and Couples Shows....

I always have a good July - but will only do Weeknight Shows!

My shows have been pretty good up until the last one I just did. She had 3 guests show up & only 2 of those ordered. She is barely at $50.

I think it depends on the host too. I had a host that is excited about PC and we had 14 at her show and then I had one that was not and we had 3. :grumpy:

I have a show tomorrow night and some people have heard about it and were not invited and asked if they could come. Of course I said, yes! :love:

I always suggest no weekend shows during the summer. We live close to the lakes and everyone likes to take off for the weekend.

I have 3 shows for June - two are the same night on a Friday. One is a past host and she had a great turn out the last Friday night she did a show, but that was in April. Hopefully if they don't show up, she will at least get outside orders. My other show is on a Thursday.

Susan ~

Rest assured, you're having a typical febginning of June month. Graduations, year-end class parties, weddings, vacations ~ it happens.

You're lucky to be able to schedule 3 parties in the beginning June ~ I usually have a difficult time just because of the reasons I mentioned above.

Consider yourself lucky!

Coach Your Hostess/HostI had a show on June 1st where my hostess had 12 confirmed but only 6 showed up. I got 4 bookings and only 4 ordered. She had only $150 at the end of the show. I always take the approach that I want my hostess to get the most she can out of the show. I told her that I would like for her to reach the $300 mark in sales so that she could earn a half price item and $40 in free product. I compared that to what she was going to get if we closed the show out immediately. I ask her to think about relatives and friends that live out of her area and remind her that their orders can be shipped directly to them. She quickly got on board and started thinking of people she could get to order something. My focus is not on what I earn, but what the hostess earns. I am always energetic and encouraging.

She called me a week and a half later and closed out her show with a total of $445 in sales. I told her I was so excited for her and enthusiastically took her order for free merchandise, etc.

This works every time for me. My average show is $460 regardless of how the cooking show goes.

DessertDivaFL said:
I think it depends on the host too. I had a host that is excited about PC and we had 14 at her show and then I had one that was not and we had 3. :grumpy:

I have a show tomorrow night and some people have heard about it and were not invited and asked if they could come. Of course I said, yes! :love:

Yes completely, I've noticed when the host is excited it is contageous. When people have a good time, they buy more and book more shows. Something I do at my shows is to give tickets away throughout the show to reward positive enthusiasm and eveyone goes crazy! Of course it is forced and not always natural but they have so much fun with it trying to get tickets! My last show, the host was super excited, got 3 outside orders before the show, only 4 people showed up, 3 people ordered at the show and 3 people booked off of her show, and she has since gotten 3 more outside orders and her show is pushing $400! Positive energy and excitement is contageous even if it is fake:p

1. How do I handle a no-show at my Pampered Chef party?

If a guest does not show up to your Pampered Chef party, it is important to follow up with them after the event. You can reach out to them by phone, email, or social media to see if there was a specific reason they were unable to attend. You can also offer to send them a catalog or set up a one-on-one cooking demonstration to make up for their absence.

2. What can I do to prevent low turnouts at my Pampered Chef party?

To prevent low turnouts at your Pampered Chef party, make sure to send out invitations well in advance and follow up with reminders closer to the event date. You can also offer incentives or special deals to guests who RSVP early or bring a friend. Utilizing social media and word of mouth can also help to increase attendance.

3. How do I handle a low turnout at my Pampered Chef party?

If you have a low turnout at your Pampered Chef party, do not get discouraged. Use this as an opportunity to have a more intimate and personalized experience with the guests who did attend. You can also offer to extend the party date to allow more guests to attend or offer to host a virtual party for those who could not be there in person.

4. Should I still have a Pampered Chef party if I know there will be a low turnout?

It is ultimately up to you whether or not you want to proceed with a Pampered Chef party with a low turnout. If you have a small group of dedicated guests, it may still be worth it to have the party and provide them with a great experience. However, if the majority of your guests are unable to attend, it may be best to reschedule for a later date.

5. How can I make the most of a low turnout at my Pampered Chef party?

There are still ways to make the most of a low turnout at your Pampered Chef party. You can offer to extend the party date to allow more guests to attend, offer special deals or incentives to those who do attend, and provide a more personalized and intimate experience for your guests. You can also use this as an opportunity to build relationships with your guests and potentially book future parties with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandydollie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mandydollie
  • swtnsssychef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
siderits
  • cookinthehouse