• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Open House Results: Low Turnout and Sales Impact

In summary, you had a raffle for a food chopper and only three people came. Two people ordered and the third person booked a show. You sent out e-mails to those who did not attend the open house telling them that the raffle had been extended and that you hoped they would browse your website and purchase.
mandydollie
Good Morning~

I'm a new consultant and last night I had a New Consultant Open house from 6-7:30. I had a raffle for a FREE food chopper and each guest could earn chances by bringing a paid order, booking a show, bringing a friend, etc. I spent a lot of time getting ready and sent out a lot of invitations....

Only three people showed up and only 2 of them ordered. The third guest booked a show, but my sales are not even at $100. I was so sad when everyone left that I didn't even pick my products back up. They are still sitting around my kitchen in living room in their little groupings.

I e-mailed everyone who didn't make it to tell them that the raffle had been extended until Monday night and that I hoped they would browse my website and purchase.

What a disappointing start to my business. :(

Mandy,

I'm sorry to hear that your open house did not go as planned. I've done one and the response wasn't great. I have had better luck (with a few years under my belt) with Mystery Host shows. You can run these like an open house. I hope you get TONS of outside/website orders!

One question, did you do reminder calls? I always have to push myself to be coached just like I would do for my Hosts. . .it does make a difference.

You may want to make follow-up phone calls. Tell them the response was so great :) that you had to extend the raffle deadline. Keep it open as long as necessary!

Don't get too upset just yet...When we start our business out we don't have all of the experience that we need to make everything successful. I can understand you being sad, but you did get one booking and that is great. Next time make sure that you do all of the things that you tell your hosts to do before their show. Such as following up with phone calls because in this day and age people just don't RSVP...don't know why but some people really need Miss Manners! Get as many outside orders as you can and you will probably save your show. You will find that your shows do get better, mainly because you have gained experience and have found out what works and what doesn't...when you find those things that work, stick with them.

Don't throw in the towel when you have just begun...stay positive and you will start to see things turn around.

Good luck, congrats on your new business and welcome to chefsuccess!!!

I totally understand how you feel....but don't let them ruin your business. I had a open house in March and sent out over 40 invites...and less then 6 people came and 2 didn't order.

{{{Hugs}}} You sound like you need them!

I'm so sorry that your first event wasn't what you hoped for. On the positive side everyone who showed placed and order or booked a show! You never know where the possibilities might lead with that show. Don't let this affect your excitement for your new business. Open houses can be tricky. I've found the best success comes from when I personally call everyone as a reminder the day before the show. Just like we tell our hostesses, people have the best of intentions but then they get busy and forget. I would encourage you to pick up the phone and call people rather than relying on the email. I know it can be hard when you're feeling down but a phone call is still the best way to get results. Some people are either bombarded by emails and ignore them or don't open their email for several days.

And remember, smile when you call! Let them hear the excitement in your voice that they still have a great chance to win! Don't forget to remind them that they can earn extra chances by sending a friends order your way or booking a show.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

You guys are always so positive. I plan on taking a catalog or two with me this weekend to my darling boyfriends family and making sure that they don't miss out on the chance to win, also plan on dropping off catalogs at Daycare since the mothers were apparently too busy to attend last night. And I plan to mail a catalog to my ex mother in law, who is still a sweetie to me. I was happy that at least everyone ordered or booked. And those who RSVP'd that they were coming and then didn't show up.... yep, I e-mailed them and said that now they HAVE to place an order, just for not following through...one girl laughed at me, but said that she would be looking at the website today. It will turn around...I'm not worried!

That's the way to be!! Good thinking ahead...these are the things that will make you successful.

At least you still have some possibilities! Have you gotten any bookings yet? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Gillian~One of the guests did book a show for early July, so that at least helped the night be a bit of a success. Plus she's a neighbor and doesn't run in the same social circle, so it will be nice to branch out!

Just like the others said, you have to look at the positive. I've been doing this for 4 yrs, and every once in awhile I have bad shows too. It happens to all of us! I was disappointed with my HWC fundraiser I did, only 6 showed up. But I followed up with phone calls & emails & ended up with a $700 show.
Keep smilin and have fun with your new business:D

Well girls....here's how it turned out. I ended up doing a Wacky Wednesday sale today to try and increase my sales from the Open House FLOP! I ended up only getting 2 orders from the e-mail sale...but one was $169.00 and the other was $35.75 which brought my total sales just over $300. I know it isn't great, but much better than the $50 that I started with. Plus it's enough to qualify for the Cluster Challenge. AND... the man is coming over tonight and I'm going to suggest that he help push my show to at least $350 and order some grilling products for his dad for Father's Day! So, I guess persistence paid off. We'll see how my next cooking show comes out and I have two catalog shows going on. They all know my goal for the month and they are excited to help!:)UPDATE: JUST TRANSMITTED THE SHOW WITH SALES AT 386.00

Last edited:

1. Why did the New Consultant Open House have a low turnout?

The low turnout could be due to various reasons such as poor marketing, lack of communication, inconvenient timing, or unappealing incentives. It's important to evaluate and address these factors to improve future events.

2. How can we improve the turnout for future events?

To improve turnout, it's crucial to have a strong marketing strategy in place. Promote the event through multiple channels such as social media, email marketing, and word-of-mouth. Ensure clear communication and provide compelling reasons for attendees to join, such as exclusive discounts or free product samples.

3. What impact will the low turnout have on sales?

The low turnout may result in lower sales, as there are fewer potential customers to make purchases. However, it's important to focus on the quality of attendees rather than the quantity. Engage with the attendees and provide personalized attention to increase the chances of making sales.

4. How can we make the most of the small turnout?

Even with a small turnout, it's important to make the most of the event. Encourage attendees to bring a friend or family member to increase the number of potential customers. Utilize the opportunity to build relationships with the attendees and showcase the products and their benefits.

5. What steps can we take to prevent low turnout in the future?

To prevent low turnout in the future, it's essential to gather feedback from attendees and analyze the event's success. Make improvements based on the feedback and ensure effective communication and marketing for future events. Also, consider offering a variety of incentives to attract a larger audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • PamperedSD