• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Product Open House Yesterday

In summary, the New Product Open House went well. Ten people showed up, and $300 in sales were made. Feedback about the new products was positive, especially the pineapple wedge and garlic peeler/slicer.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
Just had to report how my New Product Open House went yesterday. Sent out over 100 invitations (emails, hand-delivered). Had 10 people show up.

I would normally be disappointed but I had over $300 in sales and 1 booking. But what was more important than that was the feedback about the new products I had on display.

They loved the Pineapple Wedger, Saute Tongs, Small Sheet Pan, Kernal Cutter, Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning (said it tasted like the one at Carrabba's), 2 qt Collapsible Bowl, Bamboo Snack Bowls and Garlic Peeler and Slicer.

What they didn't care for was the Grinder Stand (I had the Grinders in it) and the Stainless Steamer.

I had other products too but these were the ones that were discussed the most.

Anyone else get feedback about the new products?

The only thing I found people don't like about the grinder stand is the stain. It does not match the stain on any of the other bamboo, unless mine is messed up but it is pale like an oak or something. It just doesn't compliment the grinders that well. Otherwise everyone loved everything. Especially the pineapple wedger and the garlic peeler/slicer :)

Fluffy215 said:
The only thing I found people don't like about the grinder stand is the stain. It does not match the stain on any of the other bamboo, unless mine is messed up but it is pale like an oak or something. It just doesn't compliment the grinders that well. Otherwise everyone loved everything. Especially the pineapple wedger and the garlic peeler/slicer :)

Mine matches all the bamboo really well. I'd send your back for a replacement.

I did mine last Sunday I had 25 out of 130 show up
it was over $1,250 nearly everyone bought a pineapple wedgersold alot of the dipping oil spices too & the saute tongs

Teresa Lynn said:
I did mine last Sunday I had 25 out of 130 show up
it was over $1,250 nearly everyone bought a pineapple wedger

sold alot of the dipping oil spices too & the saute tongs

Wow! That's great! It's posts like these and threads like this that I continue to do my Spring/Fall kick off shows despite there lack us success thus far. I usually invite over 200 hundred and have yet to have more than 5 show up! :eek: Most of the time I can manage to make them a qualifying show but I look forward to the day when it can be a real KICK OFF!

Those who have done the open house, who do you invite and how do you invite them?

I invite friends, neighbors past host and customers
this year I did evites from my website and sent mini catalogs to guests who hadn't opened the evite 4 days after I sent it.

the only thing people WERE NOT excited about was the Chip N Dip product. I think I might have to be uses/suggestions for it OTHER THAN the obvious. :)

I mentioned that it was great for chips and salsa/dip, plastic is great to bring outdoors, that the well holds a cup/drink/pop can, and that the color matches the Outdoor Plate, tumbler, and utensil sets. It can also be used as a tray, I suppose.

I had one yesterday as well. I had 2 guests and one of consultants had 3 guests. My greatest success was that I played the ticket game and have 3 recruit leads out of 3 guests!!!!!! I am thrilled!

stefani2 said:
the only thing people WERE NOT excited about was the Chip N Dip product. I think I might have to be uses/suggestions for it OTHER THAN the obvious. :)

I mentioned that it was great for chips and salsa/dip, plastic is great to bring outdoors, that the well holds a cup/drink/pop can, and that the color matches the Outdoor Plate, tumbler, and utensil sets. It can also be used as a tray, I suppose.

You can put hot food in it. At leadership, they showed puting hot bbq wings in it with ranch dressing in the little well. The fact that you can do hot stuff in it is huge!

Four of us in our cluster did a Bingo Night to kick off the new products. I only had one host there, and she only had 3 people come and only one ordered, but that lady place a nice size order and bought both of the sauces, and told me she is going to go broke buying the ginger sauce all the time. I'm not sure how the other ladies did, but we had 65 in attendence. My show is at about $400 right now because of outside orders, and she was headed out of town to see family this weekend and took a bunch of order forms with her.

One of my clustermates did a demo of the pineapple wedger, I was standing out near the people, and I didn't hear any good comments, most were negative, I was quite shocked about that one. Although no one had a problem eating the pineapple we cut up! LOL

stefani2 said:

I spin the Chip n' Dip tray this way: Great for the guys watching the big game. They can hold it (I hold it to show them) with their beer in the dip holder and their wings/snacks etc. in the chip area. Because the dip holder is so deep it keeps their beer nice and safe during a touchdown.

This is scary to me. I am doing an Open House this coming Saturday. I am new to the town, so i wanted to get my name out there and do something to get peoples attention. I have placed an ad in the local paper and posted flyers at the local grocery stores/gas stations/hotels/etc. (it's a smaller town). I didn't do formal invites because i don't know that many people here yet. Those i do know got email invites and i've talked to them personally.
it scares me that those of you that actually did formal invites got very few attendees. Is this how open houses happen?
I am not doing this at my house, but at a community room in town - so that it was easier to get to (as i live out in the country more) and more approachable than a strangers house.
I plan on doing a few recipes for samples, and setting up different tables with all the different information and all my products.
Am i wasting my time and money?

phun2cook said:
This is scary to me. I am doing an Open House this coming Saturday. I am new to the town, so i wanted to get my name out there and do something to get peoples attention. I have placed an ad in the local paper and posted flyers at the local grocery stores/gas stations/hotels/etc. (it's a smaller town). I didn't do formal invites because i don't know that many people here yet. Those i do know got email invites and i've talked to them personally.
it scares me that those of you that actually did formal invites got very few attendees. Is this how open houses happen?
I am not doing this at my house, but at a community room in town - so that it was easier to get to (as i live out in the country more) and more approachable than a strangers house.
I plan on doing a few recipes for samples, and setting up different tables with all the different information and all my products.
Am i wasting my time and money?

No, you are not wasting time or money. The attendance varies for everyone. The fact that you are having this at a community room is a very good idea. Also, you found many ways to get your annoucement posted so you should have some people. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't turn out perfectly. Stay positive, no matter what.

I guess you'll have to wait and see, unfortunately because it's hard to predict. The fact that you are holding it at a community room instead of your home might help since you were advertising to the general public. But I would really make a point to make personal reminder phone calls to everyone you know and have numbers for. Did you hit up all the local businesses--dentist, doctors, dry cleaners, hair salon, banks, etc and talk to the owners/workers/secretaries and get the word out in person so they can make a personal connection to you and your event? I really hope it works out for you. Keep us posted! :)

thanks girls for the words of support.

I did hit a few offices that i heard thru the grapevine were PC people - but didn't think of other places. I was more focused on places that would let me put up a flyer. Maybe i'll have to rethink this a bit (and quick!)

i'll definately let you know how it goes.

I wanted to have an open house as well at my house but then I got a little leary about having strangers come to my house so I didn't go through with it. A community area is a great idea I might consider something like that.

Phun2cook if you don't mind me asking how was the cost and for how many hours?

it was $25 for the afternoon. 4 hours if they had a tight schedule, but the whole day is free so i get the afternoon - but i'm only doing the Open House for 2hours. The room has a full kitchen and i think has a max of 500 people. So a big room and full stocked kitchen for whatever i need - i thought was well worth the price.

I'm having an Open House at the end of the month and I actually have some yes RSVP's. I've never invited my neighbors to an open house, but I'd like to this time. I have a invite flyer. Would you put it in their door or mailbox?

I didn't call mine an open house but rather a spring splash party. I had 10 people & over $400 in sales plus 2 bookings. Everyone loved all the food & the hit item was the pineapple wedger for them. I had alot more RSVP but didn't show. Don't let anything like that get you down & DON'T take it personally. I'm excited that I might actually earn my 1st large free product stash this month if my bridal show is good! If any of you have any questions or anything let me know!

Donnie,
do not put it in their mailbox
that is a federal offense

Teresa Lynn said:
Donnie,

Exactly. I am going to go around my neighborhood and hang a bag on the door knob with a catalog and other items to introduce myself. I moved in last November so I figured now is a good time to try it.

Teresa Lynn said:
Donnie,

OMG:blushing: How could I not have known that! Thanks for the warning! You guys saved me from a life of crime. ;)

1. When is the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event taking place?

The "New Product Open House Yesterday" event took place yesterday. However, there may be other upcoming events in the future, so be sure to stay updated on our website or through your consultant.

2. Can I still attend the "New Product Open House Yesterday" if I missed it?

Unfortunately, the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event has already passed. However, you can still view all of our new products and place an order through your consultant or on our website.

3. Will there be any special deals or discounts at the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event?

Yes, there were exclusive discounts and deals available at the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event. Keep an eye out for similar promotions at future events.

4. Do I need to RSVP for the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event?

No, RSVPs were not required for the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event. However, some future events may require RSVPs, so be sure to check with your consultant or on our website.

5. Can I bring a friend to the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event?

Of course! You are more than welcome to bring a friend to the "New Product Open House Yesterday" event. We love sharing our new products and spreading the word about Pampered Chef with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kaseydee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • Tenille V.