• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Way to Order Something for My Aunt

In summary, my aunt wants to order a pitcher and the garlic press. I don't have any shows open right now. She was really quick on the phone w/ me so I couldn't really ask her about doing a show. She wants me to order it and bring it to my cousin's bridal shower and then she said she'll give me a check. She then said to also bring some catalogs and she could pass them around at work and see if anyone wants to order something. I really wanted
babywings76
Gold Member
My aunt wants to order a pitcher and the garlic press. I don't have any shows open right now. She was really quick on the phone w/ me so I couldn't really ask her about doing a show. She wants me to order it and bring it to my cousin's bridal shower and then she said she'll give me a check. She then said to also bring some catalogs and she could pass them around at work and see if anyone wants to order something. I really wanted to offer her the option of doing things the other way around, but she seemed to be in a hurry and is set in her ways (used to companies where the consultants ask for payment when they hand you the goods.) So now I'm wishing I had tried to explain, but I feel like "it's family" so it's no big deal to do this more her way.

Sooo....now she's looking at $8 shipping charges. What should I do? I really feel uncomfortable calling her back. It's hard to explain the relationship....

babywings76 said:
My aunt wants to order a pitcher and the garlic press. I don't have any shows open right now. She was really quick on the phone w/ me so I couldn't really ask her about doing a show. She wants me to order it and bring it to my cousin's bridal shower and then she said she'll give me a check. She then said to also bring some catalogs and she could pass them around at work and see if anyone wants to order something. I really wanted to offer her the option of doing things the other way around, but she seemed to be in a hurry and is set in her ways (used to companies where the consultants ask for payment when they hand you the goods.) So now I'm wishing I had tried to explain, but I feel like "it's family" so it's no big deal to do this more her way.

Sooo....now she's looking at $8 shipping charges. What should I do? I really feel uncomfortable calling her back. It's hard to explain the relationship....

What date is the shower? Can you cover it until she pays you? Does she think we have inventory?

I would calculate it at the direct shipping cost and call her with her total. Tell her that if she had more time you could have added it to a show and saved her some shipping but we're only talking $3.75 here. Most people don't care about that.

I would then find a time (maybe when you are putting together those orders she said she'd get for you) to explain how it all works with Pampered Chef.

I would put in the individual order and have her pay the $4.25 shipping. Then put the difference ($3.75) on the shipping as a "Consultant Gift" payment and use it as a tax write off at the end of the year. If the opportunity arises when you see her you can tell her in a family friendly way that the shipping was actually $8 and you covered it - maybe she will offer to pay and maybe not, but at least it will be in as a gift and you will get the tax credit if nothing else.

I would attempt to give her a call, possibly when she isn't home (to avoid awkward conversation)...just telling her that you can order her items now but it would cost about $4 more in shipping. However if she would like you to drop off some catalogs and she gets a few orders from work---then she would save about $8 because she would get Free Shipping with a catalog show. In the message say you will wait to hear back from her and whichever way works best for her is fine with you.

IF she says to drop off catalogs, I would type out a short, easy synopsis of how PC works. Money first then products. How the items will come (unless you have them mailed to you)....etc. I would make the note to a generic person like you use it for all your customers, not just her. That way she doesn't feel like you are Telling her something she should know, it's just generic information for all. Clip it to the front of the catalogs and then she has this to reference as well.

I don't think you need to feel like you have to cover the cost. If she was in too much of a hurry to let you speak or if you try to call her and she just wants it NOW, then that is her decision. My opinion is don't start something you can't keep going....what will you do when she does this again but with more complicated orders? Or then a cousin? Sister? It's a cycle that will end up costing you more money.....and you are in this to make money, not spend it!

I agree with the post above. Call her and explain that the cost comes out of your account when you order and you don't submit shows/orders without payment. People just don't realize that it works like that with us.

lpacker said:
I would put in the individual order and have her pay the $4.25 shipping. Then put the difference ($3.75) on the shipping as a "Consultant Gift" payment and use it as a tax write off at the end of the year. If the opportunity arises when you see her you can tell her in a family friendly way that the shipping was actually $8 and you covered it - maybe she will offer to pay and maybe not, but at least it will be in as a gift and you will get the tax credit if nothing else.

I do the same thing with friends and family that just want to order a few items quickly. I charge the $4.25 and cover the difference. Even if I break even on the commission vs the add'l shipping, it still goes toward my sales.

In fact, I just had a show and added on a friend's order. I didn't want to deal with getting a hold of the host and trying to get the order that I decided just to have the order direct shipped to me (it was worth the extra few bucks).

Also, for friends and family, I generally just collect payment when I drop off the items. If I don't get payment, I can always return the items.

BethCooks4U said:
What date is the shower? Can you cover it until she pays you? Does she think we have inventory?

I would calculate it at the direct shipping cost and call her with her total. Tell her that if she had more time you could have added it to a show and saved her some shipping but we're only talking $3.75 here. Most people don't care about that.

I would then find a time (maybe when you are putting together those orders she said she'd get for you) to explain how it all works with Pampered Chef.

This is my thought, if she is in a hurry the $3.75 shouldn't really be an issue

I would let her know the difference in shipping.

I ordered something expecting it to be a order on a show and was VERY surprised to be billed as an individual order --if I'd wanted an individual order I could have done it myself.

I have family members and friends that are the same way. I actually have a small inventory of little items on hand, so that's been helpful for me. But, I don't have a pitcher on hand, so for a family member I would go ahead and charge the tax and shipping and absorb the rest, and later explain that isn't how it usually works, but you understood she might be in a time crunch.

you could put it in as a personal order. You wouldn't get the sales credit...but you would get your normal discount...same as your commission rate...and then when you collect full price you will still make money. I wouldn't do that for just anyone or if it was for a large order, but if it was a close relative or really good friend I would do it for them.

I decided to just place it as an individual order. Figured it would keep things simple. My aunt is a bit crazy and she was so quick on the phone, so I didn't want to call her back. It's going to be a busy atmosphere when I meet up with her to give her the items (my cousins bridal shower), so the less details to explain the better. I'm just going to print off a P3 receipt and give it to her. If she seems to be surprised in the shipping, then I'll just explain it to her. I'll go by her reactions. If she seems to be bothered by it, I'll just say she can just pay the show standard $4.25 for shipping and I'll cover the rest since it's my fault for not explaining to her about how much her total was going to be along w/ her options. I'll have a little simplified catalog host packet to give her, since she said she'd like to show a catalog around to her friends and see if anyone wanted to order something.Thanks everyone, I'll keep you posted if there's some backlash to this decision. :)

1. How can I place an order for my aunt?

To place an order for your aunt, you can visit our website and create an account. From there, you can browse our products and add them to your cart. Once you're ready to check out, you can enter your aunt's shipping address and complete the purchase.

2. Can I order something for my aunt as a gift?

Yes, you can order something for your aunt as a gift. During the checkout process, you can select the option to have the order shipped directly to your aunt's address. You can also add a personalized message to the order if you'd like.

3. How long will it take for my aunt's order to arrive?

The delivery time for your aunt's order will depend on the shipping method you choose during checkout. We offer standard, expedited, and express shipping options. You can see the estimated delivery date for each option before completing your purchase.

4. Can I track my aunt's order?

Yes, you can track your aunt's order by logging into your account and clicking on the "Order History" tab. From there, you can view the status of your order and track its delivery progress.

5. Is it possible to include a gift receipt with my aunt's order?

Yes, you can include a gift receipt with your aunt's order. During the checkout process, you will have the option to add a gift message and select whether you want a gift receipt included. This will ensure that the prices aren't shown on the receipt when the order is delivered to your aunt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Shae424
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • PCCHeather0506