• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Shipping on Show Orders: Success Stories

In summary, free shipping is offered to guests who book a show, but it is a risk because if the show is not held, the $4 shipping is gone.
hoosierchef
Free Shipping on Show orders for guests who book a show??

Is this really a good idea? I want to know who has done this and if it's successful. Thanks! :)

I've never done it only because if they don't keep the show date the $4 shipping is gone from my pocket with no future profit. I will offer to buy the ingredients if they book a show with me (I do that when I am desperate for bookings). Personally I think its a big risk to take. I am interested in others opinions though.

Rebeccascabinet said:
I've never done it only because if they don't keep the show date the $4 shipping is gone from my pocket with no future profit. I will offer to buy the ingredients if they book a show with me (I do that when I am desperate for bookings). Personally I think its a big risk to take. I am interested in others opinions though.

That's kinda what I was thinking too.....

I'm not a big fan of free shipping for bookings either.

I usually offer a cookbook of their choice to be awarded WHEN the show is held. I then add it to her host order to get the discount.

When I'm in need of bookings and I offer an additional incentive, it's something that goes on their host order or the groceries for the show. That way I'm not out anything if they cancel.

But I do use free shipping as the door prize at my shows. It has, a few times, resulted in an order that I wouldn't have had otherwise. And then I don't have to remember to take a prize with me. :)

I just offered a deal for April 15 (Sunday). Book a show on that date and the host and guests in attendance at the show do not pay sales tax. Guess what? I got a booking right away. :)

pkd09 said:
I just offered a deal for April 15 (Sunday). Book a show on that date and the host and guests in attendance at the show do not pay sales tax. Guess what? I got a booking right away. :)

I love that idea! Especially since it will help us to earn the mid-season products!!! (If submitted by April 20) Thanks:)

I offered free shipping at my last show, but no one booked a show. I think next time I am going to offer to buy everything I need and see if that helps.

I've offered the "Free Show" where I provide everything including drinks, plates, cups, etc. It worked pretty well. I'm with the others on not offering anything that would be given before the show is held. (For a while I did a little gift bag for booking, but it held a few candies and an out-of-season SB, so I was only out a few cents for each one.)

I like offering a tax holiday on tax day! Nice!

I might also do this again in August when they have the back to school sales tax holiday :)

I don't give anything away that night to bookings....I wait til their show incase they cancel. Some people will book just to save $4 and then cancel. You could throw in $4 off their order when they hold their show. Or just round it to $5. I usually do a book to look( in 3 gift bags I put pics of itmes that are $10 and under and then let them pick and tell them that I will purchase that at their show if they hold it on the date booked. Then I add it to the host order and don't even pay full price! It works for me! I put them in Easter eggs (in a little basket) for a change at Easter time.

chefann said:
But I do use free shipping as the door prize at my shows. It has, a few times, resulted in an order that I wouldn't have had otherwise. And then I don't have to remember to take a prize with me. :)

That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

I too avoid any incentive given before they have carried out the action that I'm looking for. . . no free gift for booking until we are having the show.

Related to Free Shipping on Show Orders: Success Stories

What is the minimum order amount to receive free shipping on show orders?

The minimum order amount to receive free shipping on show orders is $75. This includes any items purchased through a Pampered Chef party or show.

Do guests at the party have to pay for shipping on their orders?

No, guests at the party do not have to pay for shipping on their orders as long as the total show order meets the minimum requirement of $75.

Is free shipping on show orders available for online orders as well?

Yes, free shipping on show orders is available for both in-person and online orders. As long as the total show order meets the minimum requirement of $75, the shipping cost will be waived.

Do I have to be a consultant to take advantage of free shipping on show orders?

No, free shipping on show orders is available to all Pampered Chef customers, whether you are a consultant or not. As long as the total show order meets the minimum requirement of $75, the shipping cost will be waived.

Are there any exclusions to the free shipping on show orders policy?

Yes, free shipping on show orders is not available for orders that include only discounted or clearance items. However, if the total show order still meets the minimum requirement of $75 after discounts, free shipping will still apply.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
archie
  • angelkatey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies