• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help boosting your bookings? Learn about incentives and promotions!

In summary, Ann is new to this business and is struggling to get bookings. She is looking for ways to get more bookings and offers incentives to her guests. She also has a Craiglist and is looking into using it as a connecting tool. She has also been networking and is sending postcards to her children's elementary school parents.
Bexamo
I am really struggling with bookings! I am a brand new consultant. I have three catalog shows going on, but they are not that high. I have two people who agreed to do kitchen shows, but they won't commit to a date. I am new in this area and do not know anyone really - I have asked everyone I know (in person) and those two "sometime soon" kitchen shows were all I could get!! I am starting to really worry.

I have read all the GREAT ideas you have shared through lots of threads. I know that once I get a kitchen show going I will be in better shape. I will have door prize slips, orders, etc. to follow-up on. In an effort to get those first shows (when I have them) as fruitful as possible, since the entire future of this venture is hanging on them... I read up on incentives and promotions. In order to plan some, what I really need to know is HOW??!!??!

I have read lots of great ideas that you all offer for incentives and promotions - some that stuck (off hand) are free tax on tax day... 10% off incentives for booking... free products... etc. This will sound really "newbee-ish" but how do you do that? Do you pay that amount with your own credit card?

If the incentive is a free small bar pan, do you add it to the order form and split the payment? Order it separately and have it shipped to the guest? Would that cost an additional $4.00 for the separate order's shipping?

If the incentive is free tax, who pays it? How?

Anything you can add will really help. I love all the clever ideas, I just can't wrap my little brain around how...

Rebecca,First off, Welcome!We all struggle at times with bookings, and incentives can help getyour calendar full. The trick is to not get people used to them so that once you stop offering them, you still get bookings. Also, don't give away the farm. You're in business to make money, not give it away.As far as offering a product incentive, if it's for a guest, offer something you have extra "in stock" or add a co-host order, so you can at least take advantage of the host discount. Then you cover the cost of the item.When I offer tax free sales, I just cover the cost of the sales tax myself. For all of these, make sure you enter "Consultant Gift" as the payment type so that you can write it off your taxes.

Newbee to newbeeI am new also- going on my 4th month. I am trying to network with other small businesses to get idea's and grow my client list. You can check with Craig's list for groups in your area or cooking clubs or anything that might help you grow your business. I also am in the process of sending postcards introducing myself to my childrens elementary school parents and I put "so & so's mom from 1st grade" so they instantly have a "connection". I know everyone says "get on the phone" but "cold calling" makes me want to hurl. I also paid for my high school alumnae directory and am working on that as an email introduction. Good luck- it gets easier -try to find your own "nitche" it will make it easier and fun. At least thats what I am trying to do.

Thanks Already!Thanks to both of you for the quick helpful replies! I do have an active Craiglist in this area - I found it when I was looking for a kitten!! :) I never thought of using it as a potential connecting tool - thanks! I'll browse!!

Ann, thanks for the "consultant gift" tip. If you are paying something out of pocket, how does that work? When/where do you enter your payment towards another person's order??

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Bexamo said:
Thanks to both of you for the quick helpful replies! I do have an active Craiglist in this area - I found it when I was looking for a kitten!! :) I never thought of using it as a potential connecting tool - thanks! I'll browse!!

Ann, thanks for the "consultant gift" tip. If you are paying something out of pocket, how does that work? When/where do you enter your payment towards another person's order??

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
To apply payment to a guests order, ie. for tax you would enter their payment first, then select add payment and select consultant gift. This gives you the tax write-off. Then you just pay that difference on your debit card before you transmit the show. HTH

Duh... Can you tellI guess I would know that I can "split payments" on guest orders if I had transmitted an order already, huh? Boy do I feel silly! That does make sense though. Is that the same way you could add a product? Add an item to the order and pay for it separately at the end?

Rebecca~

A few things to try:
--put up a flyer in local grocery stores with tear-off tags (Merrill sells some, and they are beautiful--that's what I use)
--see if you can get some information into local bridal shoppes
--put up your information in places where parents (esp. moms) take their kids--parks, play areas, zoos, museums--anywhere they'll let you hang a flyer
--contact local moms' groups to do a demo or workshop
--contact local schools for fund-raisers or to offer after-school teachers' shows
--offer workshops or shows to local ladies' groups or church groups

I'm also new and haven't had any trouble getting any bookings, yet... But, here is my plan for when I need to step up my bookings.

Have a Mystery Host Party. You can hold it at your house or even rent a small (church/civic) space. Hand out the flyers (grocery store, hair/nail salons, bridal shops), invite friends, etc. Offer a raffle ticket to everyone that comes, one for every guest they bring, one for every question they ask and an additional one for every $10 or $20 spent (you decide). That will get people interested in PC and you may get some additional bookings.

At the end, someone is going to be thrilled with the free products they receive and realize what great benefits you get from hosting. Depending on how many people you have, you could even split the prize between the free, 1/2 price and discount. Good luck!!:)

1. What types of incentives and promotions does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of incentives and promotions for our consultants and customers. Some common ones include free products with purchase, discounted or free shipping, and hostess rewards for hosting a party. We also have special promotions during holidays and events throughout the year.

2. How can I qualify for incentives and promotions as a consultant?

As a consultant, there are several ways you can qualify for incentives and promotions. These include meeting sales goals, recruiting new team members, and hosting successful parties. We also offer rewards for participating in training and development programs.

3. Are there any restrictions or limitations on using incentives and promotions?

Each incentive and promotion may have its own specific restrictions and limitations. These will be outlined in the terms and conditions when the promotion is announced. Common restrictions may include expiration dates, minimum purchase amounts, or limitations on the number of free or discounted products.

4. How can I stay updated on the latest incentives and promotions?

We regularly communicate our current and upcoming incentives and promotions through our consultant newsletter and our social media channels. You can also check the promotions section on our website for the most up-to-date information.

5. Can I combine multiple promotions or incentives on the same purchase?

In most cases, our promotions and incentives cannot be combined with each other. However, we do occasionally offer special promotions that can be stacked with other promotions. Again, be sure to check the terms and conditions for each specific promotion to see if it can be combined with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • Kisha1210
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies