• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings with Personalized Incentives | Get Inspired!

In summary, the conversation revolves around offering personal booking incentives to encourage people to book shows. Some people offer discounts or free items, while others find that offering incentives can be successful in filling up their calendar. However, some also believe that offering incentives all the time can devalue their products. Ultimately, it depends on how desperate someone is for bookings and what works best for their business.
hoosierchef
I'm just curious if any of you offer a personal booking incentive to people, such as "If you book a show, I'll give you XXX amount of dollars on your order at your show."

I'm trying to get some ideas so I can get people to book! Thanks! :)

I let them pick out of my "larger" door prize basket right there... I haven't had anybody take it and run yet...

Just bumping it up. I really would like to hear what everyone else does! Thanks!

It depends on how desparate I am for bookings. If I offer one, I tell people that they'll get it on their show.

A cluster-mate seems to ALWAYS be offering a million "carrots" to get bookings. That makes it harder to stop offering them, because hosts will point out that "she got something extra!" And they do add up, monetarily.

Our host program is so great, that I don't usually feel the need to offer something unless I've got big empty places on my calendar...

If I am desperate for bookings or really want to have a full month I usually offer to supply desert or all the ingrediants. I also give little gifts wrapped in tissue paper w/ like a season's best paring knife twixit (some things vary), and a shopping list w/ my biz card on it. They only get this little gift when they book @ a show!

I'm desperate for February bookings, so I offered one piece of free stoneware and the other at 60% off - instead of two at 60% off.

chefann said:
It depends on how desparate I am for bookings. If I offer one, I tell people that they'll get it on their show.

A cluster-mate seems to ALWAYS be offering a million "carrots" to get bookings. That makes it harder to stop offering them, because hosts will point out that "she got something extra!" And they do add up, monetarily.

Our host program is so great, that I don't usually feel the need to offer something unless I've got big empty places on my calendar...

I feel the same way. Last year when I was just starting, I tried to offer incentives if they book a certain time, but I noticed that I seemed to get more bookings when I didn't offer anything. So now I don't offer anything special. The only thing I do is offer free food if they book at Babies R Us & I offer free food to other hosts with $200 in outside orders or 2 set bookings before the show. But that is all the time, not special months or days.

Personally, if I know that companies offer incentives every week or month, I just wait until something I want is on special. Otherwise I don't bother unless I really need to buy something.

I don't do it very often but if there is a date I want to fill I will add something at their show. I just had a cancellation for next Thursday and really want to keep my February calendar full so I called up a customer who I knew was interested in stoneware and offered them one stone for free if they could fill that date for me. She took me up on it and is going to make some calls tonight to get her party started.

I only do itWith a catalog show. Just because they seem to be smaller in sales, and offering a little extra seems to push it up and over.

Typically, it's not much....1/2 off a $20 item (or combination there off) if over $400 in sales, OR entering it as a cooking show instead of catalog, and saying I'll give you $15 more free if over $500

I have offered things in the past. I did the 12 Days of December with a free gift on each of those days, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I did "24 Bookings in 24 Hours" and got 7 cooking shows and 3 catalog. I offered a $100 shopping spree as long as they kept the original show date. For every $100 in orders their name was entered. That I felt was quite successful. I have 6 cooking shows for February and 1 catalog show which most of the bookings came from my December shows. I am having an open house for my nieghbors next month (I never informed them that I am a Pampered Chef) and plan to hand out 150 invites. I am a third of the way there! It will of course be a Mystery Host. I nope this helps!

Tammy Downham

MicheleC said:
I don't do it very often but if there is a date I want to fill I will add something at their show. I just had a cancellation for next Thursday and really want to keep my February calendar full so I called up a customer who I knew was interested in stoneware and offered them one stone for free if they could fill that date for me. She took me up on it and is going to make some calls tonight to get her party started.

This might be the only thing I would do. I just don't want people who have already booked to get upset or want to change their date if I offer a special for say March 1-15 & then my March 17 person gets upset. So if I put it on an email, then hosts who have already booked will know. But if I'm looking to fill a single date & am just calling people, then I might think to do this as a clincher.

pcheftammy said:
I have offered things in the past. I did the 12 Days of December with a free gift on each of those days, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I did "24 Bookings in 24 Hours" and got 7 cooking shows and 3 catalog. I offered a $100 shopping spree as long as they kept the original show date. For every $100 in orders their name was entered. That I felt was quite successful. I have 6 cooking shows for February and 1 catalog show which most of the bookings came from my December shows. I am having an open house for my nieghbors next month (I never informed them that I am a Pampered Chef) and plan to hand out 150 invites. I am a third of the way there! It will of course be a Mystery Host. I nope this helps!

Tammy Downham

24 Shows in 24 hours? How does that work?? Where can I get the info?

If you go into "files" and type it in it will come up. I just tried to make sure. I basically asked for help fulfilling my goal. Most people do want to help. You do end up leaving a lot of messages, but it keeps your name fresh in peoples minds. Good Luck!

Tammy Downham

I usually do it only on the months that seem to be hard to book (June, July, August). Usually I will do a "Dollar Days" or offer my own special item. Right now I don't need to hold a carrot out there because the books are flowing. :)

For a while I did a Batter Bowl Booking.......when two of your friends booked and held a show within a two month time frame then I would give the original host a SBB. I would put it under the last host's order so I would only pay a portion up front and then I will still receive commission off of it. It worked VERY well for me when I lived overseas. I think it was successful because it has to do with the whole guilt thing........but it worked for me!! LOL!!!!

If they book and host and close a show with me I give them an additional 10% off at closeing of their show.

chefann said:

ITA with Ann. I RARELY offer anything special.

It seems as though lately all of my hosts are only doing bookings to help the previous host get something. For some reason it just doesn't seem to excite them if the host is getting the host special at their booking for 60% off. So I got an idea to offer a pick from my "grab bag" (these are the higher ticket items or duplicates that I have on hand) BUT they must submit at least a $500 show and the host will not get it until their (the booking host) show is submitted. What do you think? Valky

Last edited:
Currently the only incentive/challenge that I offer to my hosts is that if he/she gets any bookings prior to when I start the kitchen show, I give a $10.00 credit to the host for each booking he/she was able to find, but the credit is only given once each of the bookings close. I explain all the upcoming host specials at my shows, and the host program is really great where I don't feel that I have to entise the guests at the show any further , if people want what's being offer they will book no matter what.

Neighborhood Open House
pcheftammy said:

Tammy Downham

My house received water damage a week before Christmas, my renovatins/remodeling is almost done and I hope to not only have an Open House with PC but like a House Warming for myself too. I talked the girl who bought her house right before me into having a party like that and she did, so I plan on it soon too.

I'll have to read up on the Mystery host again, not quite sure I'd remember how to give the gifts out. SOme people have a real success with these while others don't.

Any tips would greatly be appreciated.

do you or did you go door to door and hand out things, or mail postcards? Or what?

Thanks;

Liz

I've been offering incentives at my shows because I'm just starting out and I have a really empty calendar. I got 2 bookings from my last show - one with a book to look and one over the phone with no incentive (although I did agree to donate something to a fundraiser for her) so I'm not sure if I'll offer incentives every time.I was really hoping to start filling my calendar, but so far, I have 1 catalog show for FEB, 1 show on the 15th and one show on the 15th of APR.*sigh*

I want a very full Feb. for dbl pts. so I offered a free stone ($19 or less) for a qualifed show and so far I have 9 shows (my highest booked month to date) so I think it worked! I have 1 more show tonight and will see if I get any more takers? Whoo hoo for FEB!

What are personalized incentives and how can they boost my bookings?

Personalized incentives are special offers or rewards that are tailored to individual customers based on their preferences and needs. They can boost your bookings by making your customers feel valued and motivated to make a purchase. By offering unique and personalized incentives, you can attract more customers and increase your bookings.

How do I come up with personalized incentives for my customers?

To come up with personalized incentives, you can start by understanding your target audience and their interests. You can then brainstorm different ideas that align with your brand and appeal to your customers. Some examples of personalized incentives include exclusive discounts, free gifts, or personalized product recommendations.

Can personalized incentives be used for both new and existing customers?

Yes, personalized incentives can be used for both new and existing customers. For new customers, personalized incentives can be used to attract them to make a purchase and become loyal customers. For existing customers, personalized incentives can be used to show appreciation and encourage repeat purchases.

How can I track the effectiveness of personalized incentives in boosting my bookings?

One way to track the effectiveness of personalized incentives is by setting specific goals and measuring the results. For example, if your goal is to increase bookings by 20%, you can track the number of bookings before and after implementing personalized incentives. You can also collect feedback from customers to see if they were motivated by the incentives.

What are some best practices for using personalized incentives to boost bookings?

Some best practices for using personalized incentives include offering a variety of incentives to cater to different customer preferences, setting clear and achievable goals, and regularly evaluating and adjusting your incentives based on customer feedback and results. It is also important to communicate the incentives effectively to your customers through various channels such as email, social media, and your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies