• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Mcgruff Trading Cards - Fire Prevention

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 1 Posted By: farside
Views: 98 Replies: 1 Text
To order a free set of my trading cards, just fill out the form below. Make sure you fill out all of the blanks with a * next to them so that the Post Office can deliver the cards to you.More Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

recruiting ethicsOk, so at my show last night a guest mentioned that she was a former consultant. Usually this makes me very nervous, but for some reason this girl and I really hit it off and she really is awesome. So at checkout I jokingly (well, maybe not) asked her if she was ready to do her agreement and sign up again. She actually said, "well, after being here tonight and watching you, I'm seriously thinking about it, but let me think about it". I agreed, and told her I'd call her this weekend.
Here's the issue. While we were chatting, she mentioned another consultant does shows for her mom and named the consultant. And that this other consultant often calls her (the guest) about signing up. BUT that if she decides to sign it will be with me. I know we say that leads do not belong to anyone, and that a recruit can sign with whomever they choose, BUT do YOU really feel that way? I know I should feel like I have done nothing wrong. I offered the opportunity (as is my job),but then to hear her say that another consultant is actively pursuing her makes me nervous about having her sign with me.

oh, and the really tricky part? The other consultant is MY director! :bugeye: However, we do have a history of her courting my leads and telling me that "leads don't belong to anyone, they can sign with whomever they choose". Is it just her karma coming back to her?:devil: Oh, and I do my own meetings now too, so this new person wouldn't have that ackward face to face contact either.

I say receive the gift that has been given to you. :)

I recently signed a past customer of my AD's.She was a HO lead to me. She had been to my AD's shows before and wasn't thrilled with her. So when she (my new recruit) wanted to host a show she called HO for a new lead...and got me. She insisted on MEETING me in person before committing to a date because she wanted to make sure we "clicked" -- she has since held several shows with me and then called me last month out of the blue saying she wanted to sign!

We talked about her having a past relationship with my AD (who still has this gal on her mailing list) and she flat out said "If I wanted to sign with her I would have...I am choosing to work under YOU."

DebbieJ said:
I say receive the gift that has been given to you. :)

As long as it's not a penis gourd or zebra-skin wall-hanging or Guatemalan door.:bugeye:

I believe that every recruit should be able to sign with whoever they feel most comfortable.

ShanaSmith said:
I believe that every recruit should be able to sign with whoever they feel most comfortable.

I agree 100%! Take her! You didn't do ANYTHING wrong.

It's only unethical when a consultant actively tries to take a lead away from someone else. Sounds like this gal would prefer to sign under you...and having been a consultant, understands how important a good director is. What a wonderful compliment!

Well I have the same experience but with my Director who I absolutely LOVE, unlike you'rs. About a year ago I had someone sign up under me that apparatly my Director had been working with for years. This gal who signed is a good family friend and her husband works for my father, long story short she signed with me without telling me about my Director's attempts to sign her as well (I was newer and should have asked better questions, but I didn't know any better). Anyways, My Director just told me that she understands my connection with this gal and that she's just happy we could bring her on board our PChef team one way or another, and then she offerred to help me train and support her. YES, I DO HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS DIRECTOR!

In the end, although your Director won't sign her, she should still be happy as another person is still joining her overall team...

I'm beginning to think... Do I just have it too good in my cluster??? :0 LoL

OhmyDLM said:

YES!!!:D You should be STOKED!!:D

OhmyDLM said:
Well I have the same experience but with my Director who I absolutely LOVE, unlike you'rs. About a year ago I had someone sign up under me that apparatly my Director had been working with for years. This gal who signed is a good family friend and her husband works for my father, long story short she signed with me without telling me about my Director's attempts to sign her as well (I was newer and should have asked better questions, but I didn't know any better). Anyways, My Director just told me that she understands my connection with this gal and that she's just happy we could bring her on board our PChef team one way or another, and then she offerred to help me train and support her. YES, I DO HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS DIRECTOR!

In the end, although your Director won't sign her, she should still be happy as another person is still joining her overall team...

My Director would respond the same way. I think all Directors should think the same.

I totally agree with everyone on this subject. A person starting her/his own business has the right to sign with whomever she/he feels comfortable.

Thanks to you all for your kind suggestions/comments. As we know, this lead may never pan out afterall, just wanted confirmation that I wasn't being unethical! thanks again!

dannyzmom said:
As long as it's not a penis gourd or zebra-skin wall-hanging or Guatemalan door.:bugeye:

Ok, that's funny...I'm not married, so I don't have in laws, but that thread on cs made me laugh. What I have to look forward to one day...enjoy your door :) :) :)

Amy, I second what everyone else has said. The wonderful thing about this business is we get to choose who we work with. If she clicks with you better than your director, so be it...good luck, I hope it pans out for you :)

Your right on, you just asked her and she chose you. It wasn't like you coerced her.

Enjoy your door.:p

I agree, Amy. SHE is the one who decides who she wants to work with. I would say to her that it's our practice to say that we don't persue recruits who someone else is working with but that ultimately it's her decision. Then let her decide.

Congrats!

I am SOOOOOO relieved to see this thread and the comments supporting that a new consultant should be able to sign with whom they feel most comfortable. That has ben my believe since I started but along the way, I had a negative experience that caused me to question this.

My first recruit had checked "maybe" for recruit info years ago with a local director who recruits very heavily. The guest was then contacted by phone a few times -- said no -- and then placed on a mailing list for info. A few years later, I was referred to this guest -- by another guest -- because she was looking for someone to sign with. We spoke and I signed her up. Of course, being pretty new, I didn't ask if she was actively working with anyone.

Well, all heck broke loose. The other director found out and flipped a head gasket. She said it was her lead and that I had stolen the recruit. She mentioned her many contacts over the years as proof. I called my new recruit and asked what her contact with this other gal had been....I'll never forget what she said...."well, this one gal sends me posts cards every month or so but the gal who sends them is someone I could never work with. I just didn't like her and she was pushy. When I wanted to sign up, I wanted to sign up with someone I could enjoy working with...YOU!"

This encounter with the other director was very sour, she complained to our upline director and it was a mess. I finally had to share what my new recruit had said...."that if she was forced to sign up with someone just because she checked a box 2 years ago, well, she wouldn't sign at all". The other director was still angry and, I believe, she still is to this day.

Though I knew, in my heart, that my new recruit had made her own personal decision -- and that I had not "stolen" a recruit -- this episode kept me from recruiting for almost two more years.

My strongest recruit on my team now is a gal who loved PC, but not her recruiter. She exited PC and waited out her time. She then got names of local directors and interviewed to find someone she was comfortable with. She signed with me and has been my superstar ever since.

Sorry, I'm babbling...this is still a senstive issue for me, and since the other director is nearby, the feeling of her accusing me is still just below the surface.

I'll look forward to reading more posts.

You did nothing wrong and the recruit made it clear that she chose who she wanted to work with. That other director needs to get over it. Her attitude will be the end of her.

Keep on asking!:sun:

It's a tough call... I had a HO Lead that I signed a few months after originally talking to her. She went in as a lead saying she wanted opportunity info. It was in August. I had asked her if she had been to any shows (I guess I never came out and said, "Are you already working with someone?") and she said that she had been to and hosted a few here and there over the years. I kept in touch with her and in January, she e-mailed me, said she was ready and signed with me. She's been great ever since. At one of our trainings, we talked about being pushy and how we felt about that and she told the story of the consultant she used to work with and how she felt so pressured to sign when she hosted a show and every time she saw her after that, she still felt the pressure from her and it stressed her out and she hadn't even signed yet! (That was the first I had heard that she had talked to someone else about the opportunity and at this point she had been a consultant on my team for over a year). So after hearing that I asked her who this consultant was and she told me... it's another director in my area that I know. And I like her. I never told this other director that I signed her (we're not in the same downline) because there was no point in doing so.The bottom line is that my consultant is doing great because it's a good fit for everyone.In a call last week, Nancy Jo said "If it's not right for someone, they will never succeed." It's SO TRUE!!!!I personally find that when others act this way, like the "She STOLE my recruit!", it's more about their personal agenda than anything else... not about the recruit's success.

I've kind of been on the other side of this. While I agree with that everyone is saying (about it being the recruit's choice, etc.) this situation really upset me. I met a gal last Spring at a booth. She booked a show and we talked about her signing after her show in May. Right before her show her friend signed up with a sister director of mine and I even invited the new recruit (her friend) to come and train at her show. Everything seemed fine. My gal was asking all the right questions, had everything set up for her to sign a few weeks after her show. She had to postpone because of money, even came to our cluster meeting WITH me and I was so excited! She ended up signing with her friend and told me a week later. Now, I had three months of information, time, training, paperwork, etc into this gal. She was going to sign with me. If she had said something like "I would like to sign with my friend to help her out", that would have been totally fine! What really upset me was she essentially went behind my back, or even lied about wanting to sign with me. (I don't know what, if any, pressure she felt from her friend and my sister director to sign with her friend) Anyhoo, she still won't return my phone calls, she can't come to our cluster meeting since she is so far down in my director's downline (long story, but there are a couple of directors between her and my director - NED) and I don't even know if she ever did anything! She could have been so awesome at this with the right coaching and training. And, my sister director was on the way out when my gal (don't want to use her name) signed. So, I know she didn't get the support she would have with me. Now, I know I wasn't pushy and we got along famously! I just wish she had the integrity to call me or even email me and let me know what she wanted to do.

I worked with a host for several years and always talked with her about the business opportunity. At the time, it just wasn't right timing for her but she wanted to continue hosting shows, etc. She's a friend of a friend and was a great host of mine. I find out sometime this year that she has since signed with PChef. Her cousin who I've never met started selling PChef wanted her to do it with her, so she signed with her cousin for obvious reasons. I understand that things like this happen so I don't mind, I just move on to find another person that I can help with this business opportunity... it just works out that way sometimes, and we just have to roll with it! Recruit leads will come and go... although I do understand it can be very frustrating at times!

The hard part with my situation was she was ready to sign BEFORE her friend signed...we just had to wait until she had the money in her account.

For what it's worth, I have not been able to speak with this lead since the show. I think I'll stick to my usual laid back approach to recruiting, it's been working great so far. I'll keep in touch sporadically and when HER time is right she'll sign with who she wants. I really don't need anymore drama in my life.;) There is always another potential waiting to be found!:D

Good luck Amy! None of us need any more drama! LOL :D

Related to Free Mcgruff Trading Cards - Fire Prevention

1. How do I order a free set of trading cards?

To order a free set of trading cards, simply fill out the form provided on the website. Make sure to fill out all required fields so that the cards can be delivered to you by the Post Office.

2. What is the purpose of these trading cards?

The trading cards are designed to promote fire prevention and safety awareness. They feature McGruff the Crime Dog, a popular character known for promoting safety and crime prevention.

3. How many cards are included in a set?

Each set includes a total of 10 trading cards. These cards feature different fire safety tips and messages, making them both informative and collectible.

4. Are these trading cards suitable for all ages?

Yes, these trading cards are suitable for all ages. They are designed to be both educational and entertaining, making them a great resource for children and adults alike.

5. Is there a limit to how many sets I can order?

Currently, there is no limit to the number of sets you can order. However, please keep in mind that supplies are limited and we may need to restrict orders in the future to ensure that everyone has a chance to receive a set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
  • Admin Greg