• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Gift for 1St Guest to Book?

In summary, both ways work, but just as a tip... Don't give anything away for booking before the show is held.
SusanBP0129
Has anyone done this? I have my 3rd show on Friday night and I really need to get some bookings!! I have had NO LUCK with my 1st two shows with bookings.:(
I was thinking of putting a flyer in each of the guest folders stating that whoever booked a party first would receive a free gift.
Or....should I do a free gift to ANYONE who books a show?? Would love to hear your ideas.... THANKS!! :D

Both ways work, but just as a tip... Don't give anything away for booking before the show is held. It is hard to be a stickler about it, but it will pay off in the end when people don't use you for free products!

Good point!! Would I say "I will bring your free gift the night of your show." ??

Or you can add the item on to the host's order at their show.

I think if you're low on shows, this is a good way to get bookings! Just make sure they know they'll get their gift when their show closes...

Also, be honest with your guests. Tell them that you are just starting out and you'd LOVE it if they would help you by booking a show and introducing you to their friends. Maybe tell them that you will give them either free shipping or an additional 10% off their personal order at their show or at their friend's show (if they introduce you to someone who will book a show). Reward them and they will come through for you!

Best of luck!
Linda

Refer back to your list of 100, what I do with my list is that with each person that booked a show with me from my orginal list I add two more as I take on person off!!!

SusanBP0129 said:
Has anyone done this? I have my 3rd show on Friday night and I really need to get some bookings!! I have had NO LUCK with my 1st two shows with bookings.:(
I was thinking of putting a flyer in each of the guest folders stating that whoever booked a party first would receive a free gift.
Or....should I do a free gift to ANYONE who books a show?? Would love to hear your ideas.... THANKS!! :D

I would offer the gift to the FIRST person to book, it will create some urgency to make a decision! Definitely don't give the gift until their show!

I like to offer the "stone for a dollar a day" incentive. Tell them that when they book a show, you will give them a stone (you can pick one or two) for the price of that day. If they book on the 3rd, they pay $3 for the stone, you buy it with their show discount, and make a commission on what you have to pay (plus write off your expense!) You get a booking and very little comes out of your pocket in the end. The first time I did this, while I was explaining the incentive, a woman yelled "I get the 1st!" while I was talking!! I don't offer this all the time but it has NEVER failed to get me a booking or two!

Lisa, with this promotion do you tell them it is only during a certain month or can they pick any month?

You could also offer the host an incentive for having 3 bookings before the show starts. I'm thinking of doing this at my next show.

Jeanie

I make up inexpensive gift bags that I give away to those who schedule a show before they leave. I buy seasonal gift bags really cheap, and fill them with a handful of candy (often Smarties because they're so smart to host a show), an old Season's Best (great way to use up old supplies), and one of the door prize items (a hand lotion sample, scraper, etc.). It's inexpensive, but people like getting "surprises."

I usually take two or three with me to each show. About 5 minutes into the show I ask if anyone is curious about the gift bags. When they say yes, I tell them, "Good. You just keep wondering." About half-way through the show I ask if they're still thinking about those bags. When they say yes, I say, "Good," and keep going. Toward the end, when I talk about scheduling a show, I tell them that the first two (or three) people to schedule a show before they leave get to choose a bag to take home.

I rarely bring home the bags I take. I've yet to have anyone schedule a show, take a bag, and cancel. Even if they did, I figure I'm only out $2 or so for each one. Unless that would become a trend, I'm comfortable with the risk.

If I'm trying to book for a specific day or week, I've offered a "Free Show." I provide everything--food, drink, plates (use the summer plates if you have them), cups, and napkins. That's worked well for me.

My 2 centsWhen I was first starting out, I didn't get any bookings from my first couple of shows, and of course, I was worried. However, a year later, I'm still doing show on a consistent basis.

I wouldn't give anything to someone who booked until they held AND closed their show. At that point, I would give them something. People all to often just want something for free!

I've never given away anything for free except a free show - I'll bring the ingredients. That usually gets people booking.

My other suggestion is create a "need" for someone to book ASAP. Talk about the host specials. Have your calander with you, and open. Write EVERYTHING on it. Even if it's something little. It makes people think that you are really busy and they are missing out on something good. On my calendar I usually highlight the days I can't work or have other obligations. It really stands out with people and they want to get on the calander ASAP.

Just my 2 cents.

ChefWatson said:
Lisa, with this promotion do you tell them it is only during a certain month or can they pick any month?

Usually when I offer the "dollar a day" stone special, it isn't a month with stoneware on sale. But you might create even more excitement if you offer that for Sept. I would offer it any month I need shows. If it's the end of August and I'm still wanting shows for Sept. I would say it's a limited time offer for Sept. only. Quite honestly, if it's the end of August and they want to book in Oct, my guess is that they would do a show no matter what (incentive or no incentive). The incentive is just a great way to push people off the fence!! :)

I usually give them the choice of a couple stones within the same price range (lg round, lg bar, and 6 c muffin). I used to only offer the lg round but found that alot of people had that stone and so weren't interested in the incentive. When I began offering a variety of stones, interest picked up again.

If you are afraid that people are only going to want shows later in the month (or those are the only days you have available) change it to "their choice of those 3 stones for $5". This is YOUR business....take these ideas and tweak them to fit your needs!! That's what I love about PC and CS!!

I have used the "Book to Look" incentive with success. I have a recipe box and each card has a low price item...and if they book a show...they get to look inside and pick their free gift. I give them the free gift when their show closes.

The "Book to Look" incentive is also an easy way to ask them to book the shows. I keep it right near me when I am going through a guest order and it is a very easy transition.

I like the little goodie bag idea too! Nice touch with the Smarties!

How else would you suggest getting bookings?? I am a consultant and will be forever if I don't get anymore bookings to lead to recruits! I have 0 of those too!
Side note:
What is a good way to introduce the theme show binder? I have a brunch on Saturday and I am horrible when it comes to the actual flow of the party! I am so bad at making out my note cards that I finally gave myself an incentive! I am doing up the note cards right now and I have so much to put together that I want to make sure I don't miss anything IMPORTANT! Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you for all your great suggestions!! For tonight,I am going with the "dollar days" idea. Wish me luck!!

Christine: can you tell me more about the "book to look" idea?

1. What is the free gift for the 1st guest to book?

The free gift for the 1st guest to book is typically a product from our current catalog or a special limited-time offer. It may vary depending on the host's preferences or promotions at the time of booking.

2. How do I qualify for the free gift?

To qualify for the free gift, you must be the first guest to book a Pampered Chef party with the host. This means that you must be the first person to select a specific date and time for the party and confirm it with the host.

3. Can I choose the free gift I want?

The free gift is typically pre-selected by the host, but you may have the option to choose from a few different options. If you have a specific product in mind, you can discuss it with the host and see if it is available as a free gift for the 1st guest to book.

4. Is the free gift only for the 1st guest to book?

Yes, the free gift is only available for the 1st guest to book the party. This is to encourage early bookings and reward the first person to commit to hosting a Pampered Chef party.

5. What if I cancel my party after being the 1st guest to book?

If you cancel your party after being the 1st guest to book, you will no longer be eligible for the free gift. The free gift is a reward for hosting a party, and if the party does not take place, the offer is no longer valid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
theonlychuck
  • Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies