• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!

In summary, the speaker has been reaching out to area bridal shops and consultants to promote their company and their services to brides. They have also offered a referral program, which has received a positive response from one of the consultants. The consultant is interested in including the speaker's information in a new promotion they are doing for brides, which includes offers from various wedding vendors. The speaker is unsure of what to offer as a discount or free gift, but others suggest offering a free cookbook for signing up and an additional gift for reaching a certain sales amount. They also suggest emphasizing the unique benefits of setting up a registry with the Pampered Chef, such as free products, discounts, and free shipping.
thatgirl2120
I have been emailing several area bridal shops and bridal consultants to try to get my name out there to get more into the bridal registry and bridal shower market. I basically introduced myself, explained the company and how I thought their brides could benefit from what the Pampered Chef has to offer. I also offered a referral program, giving the consultant a small gift certificate with me for each bride that she referred that set up a registry or booked a shower with me. So, I received a reply from one of the consultants I had contacted. Below is the email I received:

Missy

Thank you for contacting us about your referral program. I am
interested in seeing if we could provide your information to brides as
part of a new promotion we are doing.

We will be offering a folder to brides when they come in for consults
that includes offers from wedding vendors for services that may be of
benefit in planning their wedding or in their newly married life. If
vendors have brochures or promotional materials we can include that in
our folders, or refer them to our printers to have materials made.
Our only requirement is that vendors offer our customers a discount or
gift because we are trying to market the folder to brides as one of
the benefits of setting up their bridal consult--they get valuable
promotions from us and from wedding related vendors that can help them
save money.

For 2010 we should do between three and five hundred folders. As
noted above, our primary requirement is that there be some discount,
benefit, or gift that is directed as an offer to our brides.

Let me know if you would be interested in such a promotion.

I am extremely excited about this possiblity, however, I'm not sure what I should offer? Should I offer a free cookbook (Season's best) when a bride starts her registry or books a shower? or some other discount or gift? I think this is potentially a great opportunity for me and my business, I'm just at a loss as to what the discount or free gift should be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This sounds great but I would offer something more substantial...with a requirement of X amount of dollars on the registry or something like that. JMHO. I would do an additional discount to their purchase after hostess benefits...ex. they earned 25% off the entire catalog, offer them 35% or something like that.

Let us know how it goes!

I agree with Deborah..this is a great opportunity for you..but I would definately offer something more substantial than a Season's Best

I just didn't want to offer some substantial gift just for signing up to get no sales from it. What substantial thing do you think would be adequate?

Here is an idea..I am just thinking here..but..what if you would offer a Season's best just for signing up..but then offer something more substantial like an additional free gift depending on sales..and you can have different levels. Obviously you don't want to give away a whole lot..because you are in this to make money..we all are. BUT..I would think that even a regular cookbook for free for $250 in orders would be good enough and you can build from there. That is just a thought.

If the bridal company is just lumping you together with other companies in town ( like flower shops etc.) Maybe they don't realize the benefits of a registry with TPC. Market the Free product they will get ON TOP of the items that their guests purchase, the 10% off for a year, free shipping, etc. I think those would satisfy what the Bridal shop is looking for, unless they know other Pampered Chef consultants and are looking for you to beat them out. TPC offers wonder Bonuses to brides. Does Bed, Bath, and Beyond give you free product based on what your guests buy? I thing not.
I would start with playing up what TPC offers first before I would offer out of pocket.
jmo,
Mara

thatgirl2120 said:
I have been emailing several area bridal shops and bridal consultants to try to get my name out there to get more into the bridal registry and bridal shower market. I basically introduced myself, explained the company and how I thought their brides could benefit from what the Pampered Chef has to offer. I also offered a referral program, giving the consultant a small gift certificate with me for each bride that she referred that set up a registry or booked a shower with me. So, I received a reply from one of the consultants I had contacted. Below is the email I received:

Missy

Thank you for contacting us about your referral program. I am
interested in seeing if we could provide your information to brides as
part of a new promotion we are doing.

We will be offering a folder to brides when they come in for consults
that includes offers from wedding vendors for services that may be of
benefit in planning their wedding or in their newly married life. If
vendors have brochures or promotional materials we can include that in
our folders, or refer them to our printers to have materials made.
Our only requirement is that vendors offer our customers a discount or
gift because we are trying to market the folder to brides as one of
the benefits of setting up their bridal consult--they get valuable
promotions from us and from wedding related vendors that can help them
save money.

For 2010 we should do between three and five hundred folders. As
noted above, our primary requirement is that there be some discount,
benefit, or gift that is directed as an offer to our brides.

Let me know if you would be interested in such a promotion.

I am extremely excited about this possiblity, however, I'm not sure what I should offer? Should I offer a free cookbook (Season's best) when a bride starts her registry or books a shower? or some other discount or gift? I think this is potentially a great opportunity for me and my business, I'm just at a loss as to what the discount or free gift should be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Would you share the e-mail you sent? I am interested in the wording.

I actually used a letter that I found here in the files section, I believe it was originally from NooraK, so I cannot take all the credit. Below is what I sent.To Whom it May Concern:My name is Missy Henry and I am an Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef®. I am writing to you today because I wanted to let you know about some wonderful services we offer that you may not be aware of. The Pampered Chef® is a direct sales company with a mission to bring families to the dinner table by providing innovative kitchen tools, which make cooking easier, faster and more fun. We also provide a wonderful business opportunity for people who are looking for a more flexible way to earn income.In addition to our standard Cooking and Catalog Shows, we also offer Bridal Showers. Pampered Chef® Bridal Showers are very similar to traditional bridal showers. The bride is showered by friends and family with gifts that will help her stock her new home. Unlike a regular bridal shower, the guests will first be treated to a presentation and tasting of a wonderful recipe. They will then have the opportunity to try out our products before purchasing a gift from the bride’s wish list. In addition to all the gifts she receives from the guests, the host most often also gives the bride our host benefits, which include free, half-priced and discounted items. It is a wonderful way for a bride to stock up their kitchen with high-quality tools.We also offer a Wedding Registry. Our Wedding Registry allows brides to register for our exclusive products in an easy and convenient manner. The registry is completely online, which makes it accessible from anywhere and at any time. We feature a “Well-Stocked Kitchen” list, which helps the bride make sure she is registering for all the essentials she will need in her Kitchen. In addition to this, we also have a Registry Rewards program. This allows the bride to earn free, half-priced, and discounted products based on the purchases made from their registry.I would love to talk with you about the opportunity to market each others services. As a part of my personal business, I offer a gift for any referrals of Bridal Showers or Wedding Registries. For each referral, you will receive a $25.00 gift certificate for the Pampered Chef products of your choice*.To participate in my referral program, simply share these wonderful services with brides you meet. When they schedule the shower, or start a registry, all they have to do is let me know who referred them.I would love to speak with you more about this excellent opportunity for both of us. Please let me know if this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to further explore.Sincerely,Missy Henry*gift certificate is valid only with me, not The Pampered Chef as a company or any other independent consultant.

Maragib said:
If the bridal company is just lumping you together with other companies in town ( like flower shops etc.) Maybe they don't realize the benefits of a registry with TPC. Market the Free product they will get ON TOP of the items that their guests purchase, the 10% off for a year, free shipping, etc. I think those would satisfy what the Bridal shop is looking for, unless they know other Pampered Chef consultants and are looking for you to beat them out. TPC offers wonder Bonuses to brides. Does Bed, Bath, and Beyond give you free product based on what your guests buy? I thing not.
I would start with playing up what TPC offers first before I would offer out of pocket.
jmo,
Mara

I second this!! You're already offering free products and discounts just by virtue of the fact that its PC!!!

What my fellow cluster members do is offer a free Classic Batter Bowl with the first purchase on a set up bridal registry. Meaning, the bride sets up her registry and send out her announcements and when the first order is placed we gift her a batter bowl.

So if they are giving this folder out to 300-500 brides, does that mean you are giving them $25 gift certificates for each shower/registry? Or did you have defined criteria for the GCs for the referral? (like once the show submits/holds, or registry has $xxx in orders?) Could get expensive!Sharon- I like the idea of the batter bowl.

I would offer the Classic Batter Bowl but also give the Bridal Shop a flyer to put in with all the great benefits a Bride will get with our registry! Here is a couple flyers I got from here and tweaked! I would also offer the shop owner a 10% discount for her purchases. Explain to her that until the Registry for each bride closes and they redeem their benefits, you don't make anything but for every Registry opened and that has $500 in purchases, you will give her $10 in free products. You could even "sweeten the deal" that any registries that have $1,000 in purchases, you will give her $25 in free products. That might give her a real incentive to suggest you! :)

Attachments

• Wedding Registry-How it works Huttenga.doc
    167 KB · Views: 654
  • weddingregistrycompare.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 535

1. What is "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!"?

"Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef to help our consultants grow their businesses and reach their goals. It provides personalized coaching, training, and support to help consultants succeed.

2. How do I sign up for "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!"?

To sign up for "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!", simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or team leader. They will be able to provide you with more information and help you enroll in the program.

3. Is there a cost to join "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!"?

There is no additional cost to join "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!" It is included as a benefit for all Pampered Chef consultants and is designed to help you grow your business without any extra expenses.

4. What kind of support can I expect from "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!"?

The "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!" program offers personalized coaching, training, and support to help you reach your business goals. This includes one-on-one coaching calls, webinars, and access to a community of fellow consultants for support and advice.

5. How will "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!" benefit my business?

The program is designed to help you grow your business and reach your goals. By providing personalized support and training, "Need a Little Help With This Exciting Possibility!" can help you increase your sales, expand your customer base, and develop your skills as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJami83
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • yankfan24