• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Copy of Wired Magazine - First 10,000

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 8 Posted By: CollegeRamenEater
Views: 1064 Replies: 3 Apologies to those of you who will post about this thread being in the wrong forum...
In the spirit of WIRED's cover story - "FREE", they are offering a copy to the first 10,000 people to respond at the following link. I have a subscription but for those of you who enjoy a leftist look at the state of technology, science and gadgetry, this may be what convinces you to get a subscription.
Free copy of WIREDMore Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

Voice Mail GreetingDo any of you change your voice mail greeting when you are out of your office on a regular day that you work?

I'm just wondering because I was out of town with my family Mar 11-13. I had a lady call me twice on the 11 wanting to schedule a bridal shower for May 17. When I got back to my office on Mar 14 I sent her an email and then listened to my messages. I received an email back from her saying that because she left me two messages that were not returned she found another consultant to work with.

My feeling is that she would've scheduled with someone else even if I had changed my greeting to say that I was out until Mar 14. I'm trying to make myself feel better by thinking that she would've been impossible to please.:sick:

Michelle

I don't change my greeting. I did once when I was leaving town for spring break. Someone commented that it wasn't smart to announce that your house will be empty :eek: Never did it again. You could change it and leave your cell number if you want.

If I called someone twice in one day and they didn't call me back right away, I would think they were out of town. Sounds like she would have been hard to work with....bless and release this one :)

I guess I should clarify. I would not have said that we were not home, but I should've said that I was out of my office. Do any of you do this?

Michelle

I do- because sometimes we take 2-3 week vacations out of the country. My business phone is my cell phone so if I'm on vacation in the states I have my phone and I'll still get back to them when they call.
When i'm out of the country-I just say I'm away from my office thru such and such a date and I'll be happy to get back to them when I return.
We only have cell service, no land line, so there's no listing of our address not even on my busness stamp.

Happy Chef said:
I do- because sometimes we take 2-3 week vacations out of the country. My business phone is my cell phone so if I'm on vacation in the states I have my phone and I'll still get back to them when they call.
When i'm out of the country-I just say I'm away from my office thru such and such a date and I'll be happy to get back to them when I return.
We only have cell service, no land line, so there's no listing of our address not even on my busness stamp.

Bet you wondered how I got your address to send you that gift we did last December, aren't you?!:cool:

Really, though, I did explain fully why I wanted it and gave my information first to my spy.:cool: ...and I don't even know if I still have it so don't worry! I won't start stalking you.:eek:

here's Beth in December.....!!!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_2_107.gif

I do leave info on my home phone that I will be unable to take/return PC calls until _______date....I don't want to ignore people, but my vacation time is for my family....same reason I won't take the laptop or check emails from anywhere while on vacation.

As for this caller, move on! It was one shower...there are others!!!!

I use my cell mostly for business, so I do change my message sometimes. I usually say that I am on vacation, but will be back in my office on XX if you need to reach me before then please leave a message. I will be checking my messages periodically and will return messages when I can.

You're sooo sneaky Beth!

I only change my message for major out of town trips, such as the Cruise. Most folks have my cell phone number so that works just about everywhere (except onboard). I also just say I'll be out of the office for such and such lenght of time and will return calls when I'm back to work.

I had a very similar experience to the original post: I was out of town for a day and a half. Not long at all. A gal - unknown to me -- got my name and called my home phone at least 3 times with increasing urgency wanting to set up a show. I returned from my trip, called her back and "because I hadn't returned her calls" she had contacted PC and gotten another consultant's name. In less than 48 hours! She was downright rude even after I explained that I had been out of town. She really tried to make it like I was a non-responsive, bad consultant!! I remember being very frustrated but wished her well with her upcoming show.

Have to bless and release these types too!

1. What is WIRED magazine?

WIRED is a monthly magazine that covers topics related to technology, science, and innovation.

2. How can I get a free copy of WIRED magazine?

You can get a free copy of WIRED magazine by responding to the offer on their website. The offer is limited to the first 10,000 people who respond.

3. What is the cover story of the latest issue of WIRED magazine?

The cover story of the latest issue of WIRED magazine is "FREE", which examines the concept of free in relation to technology and society.

4. Is WIRED magazine only for scientists?

No, WIRED magazine is not only for scientists. While it covers scientific topics, it is written for a general audience and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in technology and innovation.

5. How often is WIRED magazine published?

WIRED magazine is published monthly, with 12 issues per year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
annew
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies