• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Awkward at My Party: A Hostess's Food Frenzy

In summary, this new expert summarizer of content found that she felt akward the other night at her party. The hostess had so much food it was crazy and she told her not to get much but she went way overboard. everyone was busy eating and chatting and she just was out of place feeling. She started cleaning up, or she just joined the party! She just hung out and asked if she could try some of the food and then started having conversations with people. They thought of her as one of the "gang" then, and were more willing to chat with her at checkout about the biz/hosting/etc.
melaniepc
I felt akward the other night at my party. It took forever for people to give me their orders. The hostess had so much food it was crazy. I had told her not to get much but she went way overboard. everyone was busy eating and chatting and I just was out out of place feeling.

That's when I start cleaning up, or I just join the party! I just hang out and ask if I can try some of XX (whatever looks good) - they've usually offered food to me anyway - and then I just start having conversations with people. They think of me as one of the "gang" then, and are more willing to chat with me at checkout about the biz/hosting/etc. You're still new, so don't feel bad - you'll get better at what to do with the "white space"!

I just start cleaning and packing up! Before I start I let them know to stop me when they are ready...

When I'm done withmy demo I tell everyone to go ahead and eat while they are workiing on their order, that I'll be tidying-up and for them to bring me their order whenever they are ready. If I'm ready to go before they are I ask my host to light a little fire under them. She lets everyone know that I'm about ready to go and to get their order ready. I don't usually have a problem.

pamperedlinda said:
When I'm done withmy demo I tell everyone to go ahead and eat while they are workiing on their order, that I'll be tidying-up and for them to bring me their order whenever they are ready. If I'm ready to go before they are I ask my host to light a little fire under them. She lets everyone know that I'm about ready to go and to get their order ready. I don't usually have a problem.

This is what I need to do. Thanks!

pamperedlinda said:

That's what I do, too.

Me too. I start packing up and I usually have a few that want to look at the stuff, which I will let them if they want. But I like to get cleaned up and ready. They see me doing it and it usually hurries them along!!

What is "While Waiting for Orders"?

"While Waiting for Orders" is a cookbook by Pampered Chef that offers delicious and easy recipes to make when you have some spare time in the kitchen. It includes recipes for appetizers, main dishes, and desserts that can be made in 30 minutes or less.

What types of recipes are included in "While Waiting for Orders"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes such as dips, sliders, salads, pasta dishes, and even some recipes for the grill. There are also vegetarian and gluten-free options available.

Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in "While Waiting for Orders" are all common and easy to find at your local grocery store. They also do not require any special kitchen equipment, making them accessible to everyone.

Can these recipes be made ahead of time?

Yes, many of the recipes in "While Waiting for Orders" can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to serve them. This is perfect for busy weeknights or when hosting a party.

Are there any tips or tricks included in the cookbook?

Yes, "While Waiting for Orders" includes helpful tips and tricks for each recipe, such as variations and substitutions, time-saving techniques, and ways to customize the recipe to your preferences. These tips can help make the cooking process even easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookinthehouse
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Cookin_With_Amanda