• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Defeated: How Can I Meet My Pampered Chef Incentive Goals?

a lot. I basically encouraged everyone to order something, and I even offered a free drink to anyone who bought something. But nobody did. It was so disappointing. I feel like I wasted my time and my guests' time. :(I am sorry to hear that your show was not successful. Did you do anything different than you usually do? I usually do a lot of social media promotion, but this time I didn't because I didn't have time. I didn't even have time to get my table ready. I did have my display out, but that's it. I think it would have been a good idea to do some social media promotion this time because a
chefjwr
My Cookie Exchange show was today. I put on a great show and everything went so well until while checking out my first customer, everyone else left without ordering anything. TRAGIC!! This on the heals of experiencing the worst hostess I have ever had 2 parties before. I needed $417 for my first level incentive and I got $41.50 and since my third party for the month cancelled, I am dying. I am also so sad for my hostess. It hurt her feelings and she has been having some problems at home with a husband that has been relocated out of the state by his company. She was so sad. I laugh about how ridiculous it is for everyone to leave without ordering and the hostess having tried and bought extra food for everyone- but now it is late and I really want to cry. Any ideas???:cry:

I am sorry to hear your show....... Did your hostess try to get outside orders???? Before the show or after??? Leah~

She did not have any but is going to try. I feel like it is a sign. Extra Effort does not equal extra reward. I just so wanted to reach first level incentive and now I can't see it. I am tired and the potential hostesses are just too busy this month. I have played up the shopping for gifts and festiveness but just can't make it happen. This show just stunned me. Thanks for your response Leah. You girls are all such a great support.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry this happend to you and your host. That is the hardest part of this business, the disapointments! They really can get you down if you let them.

When these happen to me I try to remember the success I have had as well. The people who came to your show are probably broke from the holidays. I know I am. My MIL had a jewelry party last week. I didn't go because I didn't have any money to spend. I know most hosts will tell a guest, "Come anyway, you don't have to buy anything." I know because I would say that to my friends if I had a party. You don't want to make your friends feel like they have to buy something! But I didn't want to go because I always wonder why people come if they don't want to buy anything!

It's not too late for your host though. Have her follow-up w/people who didn't attend. Or have her contact family/friends out of town to see if they could use something. Maybe she can even think of people she didn't invite and just tell them she's collecting orders. At least she can try to get to $150.

I have a show Monday and I'm wondering how it will be. I haven't done a good job of host coaching - which is my own fault!! It's just been so busy for me after being on vacation and then the holidays besides. We are getting nasty weather too so I'm not sure anyone will show up in an ice storm!

I just take this business day by day. The ups w/the downs! I could really use some extra cash though!!

Best of luck getting this show higher. I had a show where nobody showed up back in Oct. and the host ended up closing it at $350! There is still hope.

Good Luck!

Thank you Rhonda for your kind words.

chefjwr said:
Thank you Rhonda for your kind words.

You're welcome. I just know how hard it is when you put so much time and planning into a show and then it turns out like yours did. But just remember it's not because of you. It's just a tough time of year!

I know it is frustrating when this happens when your really counting on shows. I am so sorry that that it happen, but you can't let it stop you from achieving your goals... remember live the dream.... big hugs.... BTW... empty your in box on your PM's on here!! :)

I fixed my PM box . Thanks

My show on Friday was actually a multi-vendor show, and it sucked big time! First off, I should have realized it was going to be tough, when she put me in the basement and put some woman selling sayings on a plaque in the kitchen. I got a total of 3 orders which totaled $52.50. I heard about half of her guests saying they had been to a PC party the night before (which turns out the host knew nothing about).I talked to the host last night and told her that to see if she can get any outside orders to at least bring it to $150 to qualify as a show. I also talked to her about rebooking off of herself in either Jan or Feb to take advantage of the Host Special so she can get everything she wants. We'll see. My last chance for a somewhat decent Dec is today when I do this next show at 2pm. Hopefully this one will be a success, but this host was really hard to host coach, she's a MK consultant, and of course, she did things her way. LOL

Julie, I'm so sorry about your show, and I feel terrible for your host. What a bummer! :(

I have had either nightmare shows or a nightmare host from the get go. My last two shows were the best ever- with fun guests and fun hosts, and good sales. It got so bad at one point my Director called her upline-upline director and said that she was worried I would quit, because if what was happening to me, were happening to her, she wouldn't want to stick it out.

I've had hosts that wouldn't let me come inside until right before the party started (even though we agreed that I would be there 30-40 minutes before hand to prep, set up, and go over last minute things) I

've had guests tell me explicitly NOT to ever call them, and don't contact them about their orders, I had one guest tell me she hated me because I was too put together, and it must be nice to be rich and other personal slams, I had one lady continue to trash every product I spoke about in one of my demo's- and how all these unrealistic things happened to EVERY product she had or a "friend" of hers had, so I just kindly told her that obviously Pampered Chef was not for her, and to never purchase a lottery ticket, and watch out for piano movers because she had the worst luck I'd ever heard of... she didn't make another peep the entire evening.

I've had children hit me and beat on me throughout my entire demo... I had a show where right before the day of the show the host decided after all my hard work she was giving the show to a co-worked who had just started the business- I sent out 96 invitations with postage, she had several outside orders that came through my website, and then they refused to pay on after she took the show from me, so I couldn't even use those to make a show... don't even get me started on all the things I made for her teachers lounge, and the host package. She sent my host folder back with 3 of the 6 catalogs I gave her, and 2 of the mulitple order forms, and a few of the flyers, and everything looked like it had been soaked in water, and dried in the oven... I couldn't salvage one piece!

Those are just a few of the nightmares I have had to deal with, so not only can I relate, but I can feel your frustration and disappointment. I am so very sorry that you and your host had to go through that. It's like those people just came for the food- I really am truly sorry about your show!

It will get better. If I could, I'd order off that show for you, to help you out :)

Poor you and poor host!!! I would make sure that you have your host call ALL the people that left without ordering. I can't believe that all those people did that, why come in the first place??

Keep your chin up girl:)

You girls make the PC biz tolerable in the bad times. Your kind words and true empathy do help --thanks so much Leah, Rhonda, Debbie, Kitchen Diva and Rennea. I look forward to your encouraging words. I know you understand because you are in the same business.. That really makes a difference. Kitchen Diva I am feeling for you too. So much abuse. You don't deserve it. Thanks for encouraging me.

Julie,
I feel so badly for you!! I've heard a similar type "horror" story before, and it turned out that the guests thought they were only coming to an open house, not a PC party!! So, they really didn't even come expecting to order anything. The Consultant felt totally "used"...only for refreshments.
This makes me wonder, did these guests realize it was a PC show? Or did they think they were only attending a simple cookie exchange??

Either way, I hope they still order from you! Maybe you could get their phone numbers and offer to call them. When calling, bring them back to the "fun" they surely had during the show. (just like customer care calls!) Then you could let them know about all the great baking products that are on sale this month, and ask them if they thought any of them would be helpful to them in their own kitchens, for future baking, etc.....I don't know, but maybe something along those lines..?

I hope that gives you an idea or two, anyway.

Regardless, I hope it all works out for you, and ends up being a show after all!!

Blessings,
Paula

chefjwr said:
I fixed my PM box . Thanks

Your welcome.... I hope things turn out better for this show.

Well I also had a horrible hostess..... about two months ago.... I was supposed to have a show in Oct. I was on a roll for 12 shows that month... Well the third week of Oct I got sick.. and I do mean horribly sick with double broncidious and their was just not way I could do the show. So I called the host and explained what was going on at first she was all for changing the date.. Then Promptly called me back and said she jsut had to much going on and wanted to do a catty party. I told her no biggy and I would get some cattys to her... Well the night of her show she calls me me asking me to bring over cattys to her becasue she didn't want to look like a fool in front of her guest. Now when the phone rang my DH answered and he could of sworn she said she was coming by our house to pick up cattys. Now mind you I was sick in bed and running a very high temp. Two hours later she calls back and says ummm... I would really appricate those cattys now and order forms... I was thinking uh.. what part of sick do no you not understand.. I quickly put a sweat shirt on and shoes an socks and got in my car with arm full of cattys and order forms... when I showed up she open the door and stood way back.. I asked her if I could come in... I came in and explained to the guest what had happen. So that I would just leave the forms and cattys with XYZ and that she would give me their order and money for me to submit. I walked out of her house... A MONTH Later she emails me saying she was ready to order now...... I missed her a couple of times so she emailed me with her orders..... she never would answer me with how much was in orders.. when I opened her order total orders including her's were only $150.00... she didn't' want her free and half priced items and didn't want the host special. So I also was having another show at that time and just added it to that host show and just direct shipped to her... then she emails me telling me that someone was missing half of their order... I looked on what she emailed me and what I put into P3 and the person only ordered one of the item not two.. SO I polity emailed her back telling her that their had only been one ordered and if her friend wanted to order another one I would be happy to order one for her but I needed to have the money for the product before I could submit the order....

It will get better I promise you Julie........ :)

Julie...sorry to hear you are having a hard time. These things happen. I will say that I had a show in November with a friend and she had 3 people show up. When I left I had 2 orders that totaled roughly $50. She felt so bad and said she would get outside orders. One week later when I entered her orders in PP she had over $800 in orders. So, you never know how it will turn out. Good luck. There is still time to get those orders in.

I am running a sale 15% off Entire Catalog. Any advice?

Thats a big dip in your commission...maybe you should offer $4 off each order instead?

Rebeccascabinet said:
Thats a big dip in your commission...maybe you should offer $4 off each order instead?

I agree! Or another way to word it is, "FREE SHIPPING" on your order. Maybe it sounds a little more enticing? (Even though it's the same thing, if you submit as a show!)

So far I have only offered the 15% off sale to the girls in my husband's office. They are not past hostesses. Also, these are people I don't think would have ordered otherwise. I have also sent out a Cash and Carry List with NO SHIPPING to the office and to some neighbors and friends. Honestly, I just want the incentive points. I can't believe I am going to lose my $250 Incentive 1. I had 3 parties. With 2 falling apart I am scrambling and have other projects besides PC. I have a photo book 350 + photos I am making for my Grandma --not finished yet or mailed. Christmas cards needing to be sent, gift cards to buy to go in some, school pictures to snip and label to put in some cards. OH, and my house is a mess. + + + + + I thought by Dec 15 I would be done with plenty of order with my 3 nice parties. Best laid plans . . . .

Out of my first 4 parties, two cancelled completely, and one turned into a catalog show. i was soo dissappointed... Hang in there!

I am so seriously BROKE this season, I didn't know what else to do so I said a prayer then I made customer care calls to all my past customers... literally ALL OF THEM to check on them, remind them of the last day to order before Christmas, and wish them and their families a very merry christmas... I have gotten a handful of orders and a last-minute show booked for this week! How amazing. Hang in there, and keep treating your customers like royalty, and those seeds you sow will grow your business

This time of the year seems to be the hardest when it comes to getting hosts to keep their dates and then getting guests to come. Everyone has so much going on and they are broke. I feel your pain, I had a show cancel and my 2 shows that I did have, just barely made $150. I am glad that I had a good November to help me out now, but it won't help me when I have a little check in Jan. Keep your chin up, things will look up after the holidays.

Trying to find a creative way to make Incentive 1 is distracting me from working on my January show schedule and from all my housework and Christmas duties.

What is "My Show Today $41.50 1 Order"?

"My Show Today $41.50 1 Order" is a promotional offer from Pampered Chef where customers can purchase a specific set of products for a discounted price of $41.50 by placing one order.

How often does "My Show Today $41.50 1 Order" change?

The specific products included in "My Show Today $41.50 1 Order" may change periodically, but the offer is usually available for a limited time only.

Do I have to place an order for exactly $41.50 to receive the discount?

No, you do not have to place an order for exactly $41.50. As long as you purchase the specific products included in the promotion, you will receive the discounted price.

Can I use other discounts or promotions with "My Show Today $41.50 1 Order"?

Unfortunately, "My Show Today $41.50 1 Order" cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions. It is a standalone offer.

How can I find out about future "My Show Today $41.50 1 Order" promotions?

You can stay updated on all Pampered Chef promotions and offers by following us on social media, signing up for our newsletter, or contacting your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • Mel92504
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MaryannNic