• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spam Emails from Fed Ex: Cheffers Check-In

In summary, most businesses, including FedEx, will not use e-mail for such things. The IRS will never contact you via email. If an email has a link, if you hover over the link without clicking it, your browser should display, at the bottom, the url of the link. If it has a number instead of a name, or the sender's supposed name is buried several layers down, you can be sure it's a phony.
DebPC
Staff member
Has anyone been getting spam emails seeming to be from Fed Ex where they say a package has been delivered and is being held and we're supposed to click on a link? I've recieved 4 in the last 2 weeks. Since PC uses Fed Ex- I wanted to check with Cheffers here.

I'd had some in the past. Very very sneaky. Make sure you are expecting a package and inspect the email and sender email address before clicking anything.More information:
http://www.hyphenet.com/blog/2012/09/11/come-to-the-post-office-fedex-spam-delivers-trojan-downloader/

It's called "phishing" and the phishers are getting better at fooling people.

Most businesses, including FedEx, will not use e-mail for such things. The IRS will never contact you via email.

If an email has a link, if you hover over the link without clicking it, your browser should display, at the bottom, the url of the link. If it has a number instead of a name, or the sender's supposed name is buried several layers down, you can be sure it's a phony.

For example, if you hover the pointer over this link: some phony phishing link, your browser should show you that it is actually a CS thread that is safe to click on. Otherwise, if a link looks suspicious, leave it alone!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Most businesses, including FedEx, will not use e-mail for such things.

I had a product shipped via Fed Ex to me and Fed Ex did indeed send me an email about tracking.

Admin Greg said:
I had a product shipped via Fed Ex to me and Fed Ex did indeed send me an email about tracking.

Yes, you are correct, I mistated that. I the emails notifications, too, on a weekly basis when my company ships stuff to me. It always has exact shipper info with package id numbers, but they didn't tell you that you had to click on the link to collect it or something else that would require you to give up your personal info - info they already have.

I did not get one from fedex but I got one from the better business bureau saying someone had made a complaint to the bbb about my business and to click the link to view it. My virus protector would not let me click, said it was "damaging" to my computer so I called the bbb and the message said they'd had many complaints about it and that it was a dangerous computer scam thing and to ignore it.
Scary! Thank goodness for my virus protector!

Thanks for reporting this one!

pchockeymom said:
I did not get one from fedex but I got one from the better business bureau saying someone had made a complaint to the bbb about my business and to click the link to view it. My virus protector would not let me click, said it was "damaging" to my computer so I called the bbb and the message said they'd had many complaints about it and that it was a dangerous computer scam thing and to ignore it. Scary! Thank goodness for my virus protector!
I got this one before; it scared me & I thought 'what the heck did I do wrong'. I did not click on in and ignored it. Glad I did.

3 or 4 weeks ago I got an email saying I needed to pick up my package and to follow a link. My FedEx girl always leaves a sticker if something important (like trip tickets) is being delivered, so I didn't bother with it.

I have recieved a few of them. They usually end up in my spam folder, and they do look suspicious so I don't click on any of the links. I sometimes get one supposedly from the USPS too.

1. What is "Spam Emails from Fed Ex: Cheffers Check-In"?

"Spam Emails from Fed Ex: Cheffers Check-In" is a common type of email scam where scammers send fake emails pretending to be from Fed Ex, a popular shipping company, with the subject line "Cheffers Check-In". These emails often contain a malicious link or attachment that can harm your device or steal your personal information.

2. How can I identify if the email is a spam email from Fed Ex?

There are a few red flags to look out for when identifying a spam email from Fed Ex. These include grammatical errors, urgent or threatening language, and requests for personal information or financial transactions. Additionally, the email may not contain your name or any specific details related to your package.

3. What should I do if I receive a spam email from Fed Ex?

If you receive a suspicious email from Fed Ex, do not click on any links or attachments. Instead, delete the email immediately and do not respond to it. You can also report the email to Fed Ex by forwarding it to [email protected].

4. Can spam emails from Fed Ex harm my computer?

Yes, spam emails from Fed Ex can harm your computer or device if you click on any links or open any attachments. These emails may contain malware, viruses, or phishing scams that can steal your personal information or damage your device. It is important to always be cautious and never click on suspicious links or attachments.

5. How can I protect myself from spam emails from Fed Ex?

To protect yourself from spam emails from Fed Ex, make sure to regularly update your antivirus software, never click on suspicious links or attachments, and be cautious of emails that ask for personal information or financial transactions. You can also set up filters in your email to automatically send potential spam emails to your junk folder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmom24
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedbykathy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies