• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping Delays in Rural Areas: Fed-Ex Problems? Share Your Experience Here!

In summary, the conversation is about the frustration of getting shipments in rural areas using FedEx. One person shares their experience of having a package misdelivered and the difficulty in getting a hold of FedEx's customer service. Others share their experiences with FedEx, some positive and some negative. The suggestion is made to visit the local FedEx facility in person to address the issue. Overall, there seems to be a mixed experience with FedEx, with some having no issues and others having problems with delivery.
WendyLou
Hey everyone! I'm a newbie! I was wondering how long it took to get the shipments for those of you that live in rural areas. I have been tracking the shipment for my open house show. It was shipped on the 17th and got to the terminal that is about 15 miles from my home on the morning of the 19th. It has shown to be on the truck ready for delivery since then and still no packages!!!:confused: The tracking info says "additional transit time for rural delivery". I get it that I don't live in the middle of town, but come on!! Fed Ex has had my stuff for 4 days on the truck 15 miles from me and won't deliver it. I'm getting SOOOOOO frustrated! Anyone else having this problem?

Oh, that's right. I forgot about the ever-popular decision to switch from UPS to FedUp. Add that one to the list of popular decisions TPC has made in the last few weeks.Welcome to our little insane asylum, WendyLou. I can't shed much light on FedUp. What used to be overnight from TPC to my house is an adventure each and every box.

I was misdelivered a PC box the other day. Tried to call HO to let them know about it and it was a 2 hour wait for a call back so called FedEx -- the rep was super surprised that I didn't just consider it a gift but said the driver would pick it up the next day to redeliver. A week later and it's still there. As I was leaving the fed ex truck was pulling into my driveway so I flagged down the driver and told him that the box was still there (there had been 2 deliveries since I called). He knew nothing about it at all, but did take it. Good luck guessing if the customer ever got it or not. *sigh*

maybe the Fed ex person will take it as a gift - who knows. I haven't had a problem with Fed Ex. My guy covered up my mid-season products with a plastic bag when it was pouring raining so I was pleased. I would call home office as well as an e-mail to Solution center and also call Fed Ex. Just because you are on a rural route does not excuse waiting this long for deliver.

I have only had one problem since FedEx started. My supply order was delivered to a similar address in the next town. I wound up meeting a really great couple, and I think she may host a show at some point. You just never know.

Once I realized that my rural area has NO Monday delivery not matter what HO says and the FedEx tracking says I have had no problems with them. I get my packages FedEx Ground and not FedEx home. I prefer UPS but am finally getting used to FedEx.

One other thing I loved about UPS was that I could CALL the facility 15 minutes from my house but FedEx tells me their local facility does not have a phone number!!!! WHATEVER!!!!!:eek:

I am sorry you are having trouble. How far away is your FedEx facility? Could you visit them in person to ask why this is being handled this way? I have been SO much happier with Fed Ex than UPS... I may very well be in the minority here... but my hosts have had far less breakage and shows are arriving 2 days sooner than they were with UPS so if it isn't too far... I'd make a personal appearance and develop a realationship with your local office and see if they can improve things for you. There certainly isn't any excuse for this and maybe the local manager doesn't realize it is happening.

I am not rural and I do not get Monday delivery. My mid-season were supposed to be dlieverd on Saturday. I was anxious waiting and then there is a not. No deliver attempted will deliver on next business day. Everything arrived on Tuesday but then my Spinner was broken

Sorry to hear you are having such a t ime with them. I hope it gets figured out soon.

I have only had one problem. The order came and 3 out of 4 boxes were delivered, however box 4 was noted that it was delivered. So I called FedEx and they would check inot it or leave a message for the driver. It was then delivered the next day.

quiverfull7 said:
I am sorry you are having trouble. How far away is your FedEx facility? Could you visit them in person to ask why this is being handled this way? I have been SO much happier with Fed Ex than UPS... I may very well be in the minority here... but my hosts have had far less breakage and shows are arriving 2 days sooner than they were with UPS so if it isn't too far... I'd make a personal appearance and develop a realationship with your local office and see if they can improve things for you. There certainly isn't any excuse for this and maybe the local manager doesn't realize it is happening.

Same here, I have had no problems and much less breakage. If I have done one adjustment for a broken stone since they started.
I am rural also and it was my understanding that Fed Ex delivers on Sat. and not on Mondays. But, I could have misunderstood things.

FedEx delivers Mon-Fri. FedEx Home delivers Tues-Sat. As far as I know, everything from TPC is shipped via FedEx Home. The trade-off for Monday is getting packages on Saturdays.I can't (and won't) speak for FedEx but I'm not sure that FedEx home is everywhere in their delivery area.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
FedEx delivers Mon-Fri. FedEx Home delivers Tues-Sat. As far as I know, everything from TPC is shipped via FedEx Home. The trade-off for Monday is getting packages on Saturdays.

I can't (and won't) speak for FedEx but I'm not sure that FedEx home is everywhere in their delivery area.

I can speak for FedEx about the FedEx home not being avaliable everywhere b/c it is not avaliable for me.

I had my first broken item delivered on Saturday-large micro cooker, the box was ripped on the side. Otherwise, no problems here. They deliver to the back of my house if I am not home. Talked to the UPS guy the other day and told him I missed him.

Ann r.

Both my UPS and FedEx drivers are great, but I have had more broken items with FedEx than UPS. Not quite sure why.

Well, Fed-Ex finally delivered my packages and guess what?! I'm missing a box!! Tracking says it is still on the truck! I guess he just forgot to get it off!!! I give up!:eek: LOL! I am having a talk with the driver when/if I ever see him again! I have decided to have all of my shipments sent to my husband at his office. He is in a "city" so maybe they come by there every day or two!:p I'll be glad when this show is all delivered and I'm done with it. I hope my hosts don't have this problem, it may make them decide it's not worth hosting a show to have to go through the hassle!

aried said:
I had my first broken item delivered on Saturday-large micro cooker, the box was ripped on the side. Otherwise, no problems here. They deliver to the back of my house if I am not home. Talked to the UPS guy the other day and told him I missed him.

Ann r.
Wow, you have to try pretty hard to break a micro-cooker.....

1. What are some common reasons for shipping delays in rural areas?

Some common reasons for shipping delays in rural areas include limited access to transportation infrastructure, remote locations, and weather conditions that may affect the delivery route.

2. How does Fed-Ex handle shipping to rural areas?

Fed-Ex has a specialized delivery network for rural areas, using a combination of ground and air transportation to reach these locations. They also have partnerships with local carriers to ensure timely delivery.

3. Are there any additional fees for shipping to rural areas?

In some cases, there may be additional fees for shipping to rural areas due to the extra resources and distance required for delivery. However, this will depend on the specific shipping method and location.

4. What can I do to help prevent shipping delays in rural areas?

To help prevent shipping delays in rural areas, make sure to provide accurate and complete address information when placing an order. You can also opt for faster shipping methods or use a different carrier if possible.

5. How can I track my package if it is experiencing shipping delays in a rural area?

You can track your package through the Fed-Ex website or app using the tracking number provided. If there are any delays or issues with the delivery, you will be notified and can contact Fed-Ex for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kay Alderfer
Replies
Views
StephsKitchen