• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! Fed-Ex!!!!

In summary, a lady asked if she could have an order shipped to her house while she was out of town. However, there was a delay in delivery due to an "address error" and the package was eventually marked as delivered, but the recipient did not receive it. They have contacted FedEx and opened a dispute. Other members share their experiences with FedEx, with some saying their delivery person always rings the doorbell while others have had issues with drop and run deliveries. It is mentioned that FedEx uses contract workers for home delivery, which may contribute to the drop and run behavior.
WLMcCoy
A lady asked if she could have an order sent to my house since she would be out of town for a week or so. I always keep a close on on the shipping status b/c I get so anxious for everyone to get their products. All the other orders were delivered to the host just fine. The one that was suppsed to be shipped to my house was delayed b/c of an "address error". I got on PPP & checked, I wrote my address correctly. It was delayed 2 days & was "on the truck for delivery" yesterday. I did not receive it (I was home all day). Got on FedEx this morning & it said it was left at front door yesterday! IT WASN'T!!! So I had to call FedEx & they opened a dispute.. Has anyone else had this happen? What happens if they lost the package?

OH! & to top it off, I am going to Cincinnati for the weekend, so I won't be home to get the package to the lady (who is home now) when it does show up!!

Don't get me started! If they rang the door bell, then we'd know if something was on the door step!:grumpy::mad: Which would result in less a chance for stealing! I hope that is not what happened and I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

MissChef said:
Don't get me started! If they rang the door bell, then we'd know if something was on the door step!:grumpy::mad: Which would result in less a chance for stealing! I hope that is not what happened and I hope this gets resolved for you soon!

I KNOW!! My FedEx man drops the package & runs (literally) like something is chasing him back to his truck!

I live in a small town, so the chances of stealing are pretty unlikely. FedEx has left things in my driveway for the world to see & when I get home later in the evening, no one has bothered them.. I guess it would have been a good steal though it was the 7 piece exec. set ++ more... FedEx better come up w/ my package or $250..

I am FUMING!!!:mad:

My FedEx guy always rings the doorbell and usually waits for me to answer. He is very nice.Yours must be a jerk.

Just call HO - they will help you.

My Fed Ex guy is great, just leaves stuff at the garage door or inside it if it is open. This is great that he doesn't ring the bell as the grandkids would probably be sleeping then. I also live in a small, safe town so it is no problem. Sorry you're having problems.

DebbieJ said:
My FedEx guy always rings the doorbell and usually waits for me to answer. He is very nice.

Yours must be a jerk.

No, Deb! Your Fed Ex guy is just special!!! The norm is drop and run!!! I wish I had my old UPS Man. I know Fed Ex gave us a great deal and saved our shipping prices from sky rocketing, but their drivers have lousy social skills, at least most of them. I've been through about 4-5 in the last 2 years that we've been using them!

So appreciate what you got, hun, cause most of the rest of us, deal with this drop and run type of nonsense all the time!!!:grumpy::grumpy:

My Fed Ex lady always rings the bell - then runs away! She's nice, though. Very helpful when she came to pick up the Holiday spreaders, and I didn't have a bigger box to pack them in (just used they one in which they came).

My DH went to an orientation at Fed Ex a couple of years ago, to see about becoming an independent contractor. When he found out the drivers have to make a 1000 stops a day, and don't even get paid well for it, he said forget it.

Doesn't explain what happened to the missing cookware, but now you know why so many drop and run (those who don't are probably regular employees, not ICs).

I'm not a huge FedEx fan - but consider this when you are complaining about them. One of the reasons that they can offer us great deals on shipping is that they use contract workers for standard home delivery, therefore they are not paying benefits to them. Also, their delivery people have tons to deliver everyday and are overworked - they drop and run b/c if they ring the doorbell, they may get caught-up in a conversation that will make their delivery day longer. I have had several delivery people since switching to FedEx. Only one of them rings my doorbell. All of them run back to their truck. However, when I've seen them, they are all plesant - just very busy. I'm glad I don't have to do that for a living.

Linda is right. And my understanding is that they get paid per package, so the more they deliver, they more they earn. And if they can do it faster, then that's a better per hour rate.

Don't get me started with Fedex. Our local office called me a LIAR today on the phone. I complained after 3 deliveries have a smashed box in each delivery. And this last one, was a supply order that I need for fundraiser for this next week and of course, one Box was smashed, taped with about 10 layers of tape, but one end STILL ended up being open and mini catalogs are missing, 5 packs. Now they just don't come out of little hole.....almost entire right hand side of box was open, gapping open, but NO VISIBLE SIGN?? Guy needs his eyes checked!!

Local manager said, he spoke with contractor, and contractor said he's delivered lots within last month, but NO boxes have had visible damage.

Gee, when my hubby saw box on Tues. night, he aksed :rolleyes:"Is Fedex doing fly over drops from the plane?" I just about smacked him. :grumpy:

I was so PO'd at my Fedex man, and he's a sneeker on porch and runs..........the only way I know he's even there, is if Dog is in kitchen to hear him.

So I told Fedex manager, I've called PC about this and if it happens again, I'll be taking some pictures and maybe I'll go over his head and keep making my complaints be heard. Hubby said, maybe us PC consultants should start a listing somewhere of all the complaints and just keep addding it, and somehow if someone googles Fedex, they'll see this.

If this is how they are delivered to me, how are they delivered to my hostesses or customers?? Ugh!!

Sorry, bad week to ask me about Fedex!!

Lisa

Take photos before you even open the boxes, and send it to them if they argue. Also- send it to HO! If enough people have damage complaint, they may do something about it.

I just had a show where the host was having it shipped to me, because of where she lives.
I got 3 boxes Saturday night. My NEW Fed ex guy is very nice, always knocks. He knows where I live and recently changed his route and told me he would be in my area after 5 PM now. It was 5:50 PM Saturday night when he came.
So I checked tracking and realized box 1 was shipped from HO a day later. So it would be here Tuesday.
So Tuesday night around 9, I thought why haven't this box arrived here yet. I see that it shows it was delivered at 9:53 AM. I was home and didn't get a box. I always hear the truck.
So I called Fed Ex to get a trace on it. The first lady was nice and said to call back, system was down. Later I got a rude lady who claims it might not be their error. Then told me I could call back in 2 business days to find out the results.
So I called HO and they are re shipping.
Today a guy from Fed Ex called to ask if it showed up yet. I said no, he said I'm sending the driver back to the area to see if he remembers who he delivered it to and to get it back. Still nothing.
I had a strong feeling it was a different driver. But what kills me is what is the person doing with this box.

I have had the same driver since PC started with FedEx and he is great. He rings the doorbell and then brings the packages right into my apartment and if I am not home he puts them on my closed in patio. He always has a smile, pets my dog and if he has a minute he chats and takes a brownie or cookie to go. Now I just need to get him to have his wife give me an order or a show (she works nights). Whenever we all get a changeover box or something he asks me what gives that he has delivered X number of these boxes today for example and I tell him what it is. Sometimes he asks to see what's new.

What is the issue with Fed-Ex?

The issue with Fed-Ex is that they have been consistently delivering packages late or not at all, causing frustration and inconvenience for customers.

Why is Pampered Chef using Fed-Ex?

Pampered Chef uses Fed-Ex as one of our shipping carriers because they offer reliable and efficient delivery services.

Is Pampered Chef working to resolve the issue with Fed-Ex?

Yes, we are aware of the ongoing issues with Fed-Ex and are actively working with them to address and improve their delivery services.

What should I do if my package from Pampered Chef is delayed or missing?

If your package has been delayed or is missing, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We will work with Fed-Ex to track down your package and ensure it is delivered to you as soon as possible.

Will Pampered Chef be switching to a different shipping carrier?

At this time, we do not have plans to switch to a different shipping carrier. We are committed to working with Fed-Ex to improve their services and provide the best experience for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pamperedmom24
  • General Chat
Replies