• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

February Host Special - Am I missing something?

JenniK

Jun 30, 2009
Can you really host a show in February, get only $150 in sales, and get a knife block 60% off?!?!? Really? Surely I'm missing something.

Thanks!

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I know!!! And our hosts in Oct had to have $1000 in sales to get it!

littlemaisyPC

Gold Member
Sep 14, 2008
Funny, I was just looking over the special too. Amazing Huh!

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I know!!! And our hosts in Oct had to have $1000 in sales to get it!

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! People worked so hard for those knives in Oct...and practically anyone can get them in Feb! (The Santoku too - that was level 2 in sales in Oct.)

jcsmilez

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2007
I wonder if they are steering away from the "sales level" shows. I personally dislike them, especially when they apply to past hosts. At the same time I understand the insaneness of getting a knife block set for 60% off when essentially your friend who hosted a show can choose to get the knife block for 60% off and that makes your show qualifying and you don't even have to do anything. Still, I think I'd rather deal that and coach them as having this great jumpstart toward more free products than past hosts not knowing if they can get something or not.

Lisa/ChefBear

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2005
Personally.........I'm waiting for them to change to the awful levels.

I can't imagine that quick of a change, but maybe. If I were an Oct. hostess who didn't get to that $1000.00 level and "couldn't get it" I would be so PO'd.

Lisa

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Last year they let you pick any item you wanted at 60 percent off ... this year they are limiting it.

My July host would have gotten a bowl set if she'd sold another $150 ... I hated making her fee like a "bad" host.

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
Hey, it gives you a reason to call that October host and let her know she can get it much easier in Feb!

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hey, it gives you a reason to call that October host and let her know she can get it much easier in Feb!

Very good point..I had a Oct host who wanted the Santoku and didn't make that level..hhmm..I might have to give her a call.

baychef

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2005
As much as I agree that the sales level is a pain, I hated it worse when a host had a very low party and most of it was sales made from a high priced bonus (like pots and pans). You still go out and do the party and it now makes it more worth it (pay wise) for them to get to a higher level.

Not sure if that makes sense or not but some may know what I am trying to say but so poorly expressing!

Mel92504

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
I wonder if they are steering away from the "sales level" shows. I personally dislike them, especially when they apply to past hosts. At the same time I understand the insaneness of getting a knife block set for 60% off when essentially your friend who hosted a show can choose to get the knife block for 60% off and that makes your show qualifying and you don't even have to do anything. Still, I think I'd rather deal that and coach them as having this great jumpstart toward more free products than past hosts not knowing if they can get something or not.

So if I'm reading this right...

When the previous host orders her "hostess" special...it counts towards the show sales? I would've thought that it would have to be sales from guests at full price?

Maragib

Mar 23, 2009
Past host items count towards guest sales, just not commissionable, so you wouldn't earn anything on a show where a host had booked off themselves and picks the knife block as the past host and the Stainless steel pans as the current host. As a host I would LOVE Feburary - I usually had my yearly show in Feb, before I was a consultant.

JAE

Legacy Member
Jun 3, 2007
As much as I agree that the sales level is a pain, I hated it worse when a host had a very low party and most of it was sales made from a high priced bonus (like pots and pans). You still go out and do the party and it now makes it more worth it (pay wise) for them to get to a higher level.

Not sure if that makes sense or not but some may know what I am trying to say but so poorly expressing!

I totally agree with you, Ann.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Maybe they're making Feb the double points month this year. That would be sweet!!

Liquid Sky

Advanced Member
Jun 8, 2008

I agree! I LIKE the levels!! It's like the carrot at then end of the stick that motivates lots of hosts to gather more sales so they can get "bigger" products at 60% off! Also, like mentioned above, it is kinda hard to "swallow" when the majority of the sales comes from the past host's booking benefit, thus making commissionable sales VERY low. But, I try not to feel like that...I try to focus on making the host and past host very happy so they will be repeat biz for me :)

Maybe they're making Feb the double points month this year. That would be sweet!!

OMG true!!!!!! This would make it SUUUUUPER easy to book Feb during Jan shows then!!!!!!!!

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009

I'm expecting Feb. to be double points month. They've only said there are the triple points days in Jan., no mention of double points the rest of the month. Feb. used to be triple points month until a couple of years ago. They usually provide excellent host specials for big months for us, except those SAs in Nov.

Don't forget that there are levels in the Feb. host special, 2 at 60% off when sales are over $550. Imagine getting you cookware and knife block set at 60% off? Not that many people can cough up the 40% price on 2 big items. I'm sure there will be some Past Hosts getting the food chopper or Santoku.

Jen1409

Sep 2, 2009
wow, didn't even notice that

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views