• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

February Host Special - Am I Missing Something?

In summary, the conversation discusses the changes in the hostess rewards program. In February, hosts can get a knife block at 60% off with only $150 in sales, while in the past, hosts had to reach $1000 in sales to qualify. Some hosts feel that this change is unfair to those who worked hard to reach the previous sales level. Others prefer the new system and see it as a jumpstart towards earning more free products. It is also mentioned that previous host orders count towards guest sales, but are not commissionable for the consultant. Some speculate that February may be a double points month, which would be beneficial for hosts. Overall, there are mixed opinions on the changes to the sales level requirements.
JenniK
Can you really host a show in February, get only $150 in sales, and get a knife block 60% off?!?!? Really? Surely I'm missing something.

Thanks!

I know!!! And our hosts in Oct had to have $1000 in sales to get it!

Funny, I was just looking over the special too. Amazing Huh!

DebbieJ said:
I know!!! And our hosts in Oct had to have $1000 in sales to get it!

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! People worked so hard for those knives in Oct...and practically anyone can get them in Feb! (The Santoku too - that was level 2 in sales in Oct.)

I wonder if they are steering away from the "sales level" shows. I personally dislike them, especially when they apply to past hosts. At the same time I understand the insaneness of getting a knife block set for 60% off when essentially your friend who hosted a show can choose to get the knife block for 60% off and that makes your show qualifying and you don't even have to do anything. Still, I think I'd rather deal that and coach them as having this great jumpstart toward more free products than past hosts not knowing if they can get something or not.

Personally.........I'm waiting for them to change to the awful levels.

I can't imagine that quick of a change, but maybe. If I were an Oct. hostess who didn't get to that $1000.00 level and "couldn't get it" I would be so PO'd.

Lisa

Last year they let you pick any item you wanted at 60 percent off ... this year they are limiting it.

My July host would have gotten a bowl set if she'd sold another $150 ... I hated making her fee like a "bad" host.

Hey, it gives you a reason to call that October host and let her know she can get it much easier in Feb!

cmdtrgd said:
Hey, it gives you a reason to call that October host and let her know she can get it much easier in Feb!

Very good point..I had a Oct host who wanted the Santoku and didn't make that level..hhmm..I might have to give her a call.

As much as I agree that the sales level is a pain, I hated it worse when a host had a very low party and most of it was sales made from a high priced bonus (like pots and pans). You still go out and do the party and it now makes it more worth it (pay wise) for them to get to a higher level.

Not sure if that makes sense or not but some may know what I am trying to say but so poorly expressing!

jcsmilez said:
I wonder if they are steering away from the "sales level" shows. I personally dislike them, especially when they apply to past hosts. At the same time I understand the insaneness of getting a knife block set for 60% off when essentially your friend who hosted a show can choose to get the knife block for 60% off and that makes your show qualifying and you don't even have to do anything. Still, I think I'd rather deal that and coach them as having this great jumpstart toward more free products than past hosts not knowing if they can get something or not.

So if I'm reading this right...

When the previous host orders her "hostess" special...it counts towards the show sales? I would've thought that it would have to be sales from guests at full price?

Past host items count towards guest sales, just not commissionable, so you wouldn't earn anything on a show where a host had booked off themselves and picks the knife block as the past host and the Stainless steel pans as the current host. As a host I would LOVE Feburary - I usually had my yearly show in Feb, before I was a consultant.

baychef said:
As much as I agree that the sales level is a pain, I hated it worse when a host had a very low party and most of it was sales made from a high priced bonus (like pots and pans). You still go out and do the party and it now makes it more worth it (pay wise) for them to get to a higher level.

Not sure if that makes sense or not but some may know what I am trying to say but so poorly expressing!

I totally agree with you, Ann.

Maybe they're making Feb the double points month this year. That would be sweet!!

baychef said:

I agree! I LIKE the levels!! It's like the carrot at then end of the stick that motivates lots of hosts to gather more sales so they can get "bigger" products at 60% off! Also, like mentioned above, it is kinda hard to "swallow" when the majority of the sales comes from the past host's booking benefit, thus making commissionable sales VERY low. But, I try not to feel like that...I try to focus on making the host and past host very happy so they will be repeat biz for me :)

Chef Kearns said:
Maybe they're making Feb the double points month this year. That would be sweet!!

OMG true!!!!!! This would make it SUUUUUPER easy to book Feb during Jan shows then!!!!!!!!

Chef Kearns said:

I'm expecting Feb. to be double points month. They've only said there are the triple points days in Jan., no mention of double points the rest of the month. Feb. used to be triple points month until a couple of years ago. They usually provide excellent host specials for big months for us, except those SAs in Nov.

Don't forget that there are levels in the Feb. host special, 2 at 60% off when sales are over $550. Imagine getting you cookware and knife block set at 60% off? Not that many people can cough up the 40% price on 2 big items. I'm sure there will be some Past Hosts getting the food chopper or Santoku.

wow, didn't even notice that

1. What is the February Host Special?

The February Host Special is a special promotion for our valued hosts who hold a Pampered Chef party in the month of February. It offers exclusive discounts and rewards for hosting a party during this time.

2. How do I take advantage of the February Host Special?

To take advantage of the February Host Special, simply host a Pampered Chef party during the month of February. Our consultants will automatically apply the special discounts and rewards to your party order.

3. What are the rewards for hosting a party in February?

The exact rewards for hosting a party in February may vary, but typically include discounts on popular Pampered Chef products, host credits to use towards your own purchases, and free products.

4. Can I combine the February Host Special with other Pampered Chef promotions?

Generally, the February Host Special cannot be combined with other Pampered Chef promotions. However, our consultants will always work with you to ensure you receive the best possible deals and rewards for hosting a party.

5. Is there a minimum purchase amount to qualify for the February Host Special?

Yes, there is typically a minimum purchase amount required to qualify for the February Host Special. This amount may vary, so be sure to check with your consultant for the most up-to-date information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Joelen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • Tams
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies