• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does the 60% Off Discount Apply to Cookware Sets?

In summary, the conversation was about a special offer of "60% off any item" and the question of whether it includes a set. The speaker's mother expressed interest in the cookware and the solution was for her to host a February catalog show and earn the cookware at 60% off. Other guests at a previous party also realized they could take advantage of this offer by hosting their own shows and getting high-priced items at a fraction of the cost. The speaker, who is new to the process, is unsure how to respond to this and is holding the previous party open to accommodate the guests' requests. The expert suggests booking the shows and coaching the guests to get the most out of their purchases.
sk8rgrrl99
Does the "60% off any item" include a set? My Mother expressed an interested in the cookware. And my solution was to ask her to host a February catalog show to earn the cookware at 60% off. So the $375 cookware would come out to $150!!! Wouldn't that be great? Just want to make sure I'm doing this all right before I get her all excited. :)

You've got it right! (Just not the hostess half-price specials in the back of the catty)! Go ahead and get her EXCITED!! :)

Just booked a show using that same deal. Plus, I told her that if she shares her excitement with others, and gets someone else to book a Feb show, she could get the other half of the set at 60% off too. (That would be just $250 for the entire set!)

I had a party yesterday, and out of four guests, each of them wanted to purchase a high dolla' item (a knife block set, an Executive 5-piece set, a 12" stainless skillet, and a nice collection of the Dots serving pieces). I was so excited about the order being rather high.

That is, until the guests realized that by breaking up their orders into smaller segments and hosting their own show, that each of them could get their desired items for 60% off. They also figured out that if they were "short" the minimum show dollar amount, they'd just purchase a few other pieces to get their show amount to exceed $200 per show.

This seems dishonest to me. I'm new to the show process, but their request really caught me off guard, and I didn't know how to respond to them. I'm holding yesterday's show open till next Saturday and will submit then, but the other guests want to book a show with me for the next two weeks so they can latch on to this month's Host Special.

What say you?

Only thing to say is those were very SMART guests! The only thing they are losing is the hostess benifit but getting those items at 60% is a reward in itself!!!

BadGirl said:
I had a party yesterday, and out of four guests, each of them wanted to purchase a high dolla' item (a knife block set, an Executive 5-piece set, a 12" stainless skillet, and a nice collection of the Dots serving pieces). I was so excited about the order being rather high.

That is, until the guests realized that by breaking up their orders into smaller segments and hosting their own show, that each of them could get their desired items for 60% off. They also figured out that if they were "short" the minimum show dollar amount, they'd just purchase a few other pieces to get their show amount to exceed $200 per show.

This seems dishonest to me. I'm new to the show process, but their request really caught me off guard, and I didn't know how to respond to them. I'm holding yesterday's show open till next Saturday and will submit then, but the other guests want to book a show with me for the next two weeks so they can latch on to this month's Host Special.

What say you?

Well, the minimum show amount is $150, not $200....but I would book 'em, and host coach them like crazy! Show them what else they could get if they put just a little effort into their show.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Does the "60% off any item" include a set? My Mother expressed an interested in the cookware. And my solution was to ask her to host a February catalog show to earn the cookware at 60% off. So the $375 cookware would come out to $150!!! Wouldn't that be great? Just want to make sure I'm doing this all right before I get her all excited. :)

You are doing the right thing and your mom can also have the other set as a half-price item also if she wants so that would give her the entire set for a fraction of the price!!! GO MOM GO!!! :thumbup:

BadGirl said:

What say you?

Will the guests' "show" have other people's orders, or just their own? remind them that there needs to be $150 in sales before they can receive the 60% off special. It doesn't seem dishonest to me, as long as they're actually hosting their own show & getting other guests to order.

Hope they all qualify as a show for you though.

Too bad for the HOST if they were initially planning to order on her show.

Thanks for all of the feedback. That the minimum amount to submit a show is so low, I'm sure that their individual orders will be just fine, and that they can all take advantage of the 60% host special.

As for the original host, she actually encouraged it!

I have a past host who is having a catalog party this month to get the knife block set at 60% off. She said if she didn't get any order, she would spend the $150 herself to get the set at the discount. It would still be cheaper than buying it all full price and she will end up with more goodies!

Thanks everyone! Now it's time to call Mom. :)

Even though we don't make bucks off host specials, it may bring us lots of future business when more and more people fall in love with PC. Book away!

gailz2 said:
Even though we don't make bucks off host specials, it may bring us lots of future business when more and more people fall in love with PC. Book away!

EXACTLY! My aunt it doing a catty show to get the stainless 7pc at 60% off and the 5pc as one of her half-price items. No, I won't get any commission on that but, she is a very unlikely host and the new contacts she will bring to me is what will pay off for me. Just remember, bookings = new contacts = future business and it is more valuable to get bookings from a lower commission show than it is to get high commission off a show with no future bookings.

Hmmm...my way of thinking, these ladies will LOVE you for helping them do this. That gives you 5 shows of at least $150 towards February. Who says anyone of them might not come up with more than the $150. You could even offer a little gift to whoever turns in the largest Catalog Show... That would be an incentive for them to get on the phone a little bit too!

Related to Does the 60% Off Discount Apply to Cookware Sets?

1. What is the February host special?

The February host special is a limited-time offer for hosts who hold a Pampered Chef party during the month of February. It typically includes exclusive products or discounts for the host.

2. How do I qualify for the February host special?

To qualify for the February host special, you must host a Pampered Chef party during the month of February and meet the minimum sales requirement set by the company. Your consultant can provide more information about the specific requirements.

3. Can I combine the February host special with other offers or discounts?

In most cases, the February host special cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. However, your consultant can provide more information about any special promotions that may be available.

4. What if I can't host a party in February, can I still get the host special?

The February host special is only available to hosts who hold a party during the month of February. However, there may be other host specials available throughout the year, so be sure to check with your consultant for upcoming offers.

5. Can I choose which products are included in the February host special?

The products included in the February host special are predetermined by Pampered Chef and cannot be customized. However, the company carefully chooses products that are popular and well-loved by customers, so you are sure to get a great deal!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
menehune
Replies
Views
punkie1019
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl