• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

February Host Special: Get 60% Off Any 2 Items - Don't Miss Out!

No, I cannot see how the host would get "double the host special". The 20% off specials are for guests only and the host will only get the special if they spend over $60.
ChefJoyJ
So, if they host in February, they can get any 2 items 60% off, right? Does this mean that they can choose anything and get it 60% off??? Such as the 5 piece executive cookware set??

If so - then wow! What a fantastic time to host!! :love:

yes it would include anything, only exceptions are the half off combos and the kit. At least that is my understanding of it :)

Yup - I just went to CC and looked up the info - it's pretty much everything, except what you said. Here is a link to a list of the items, item numbers, and what the hosts would pay. https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/hs_08feb_item_list_en_us.pdf

Wow!!! What a fantastic time to host!!! :love: wish I could get away with hosting my own show again!! :p

And they *only* need $150 in sales?!?! I'm getting me some shows in Feb!! :D :D

What about the guest specials though? Is it just the bamboo spreader & sprinkles or is something discounted too?

when guests spend $60 they get the sprinkles free and with every purchase they get the bamboo spreader free also.

buckeyefan, HO has been switching it up between discounted and "free with purchase" type specials. I have a feeling that's going to continue for the foreseeable future.

Would the host also get the free bamboo spreader?? I know they would get free sprinkles if they order $60 or more out of their pocket but I wasn't for sure on the spreader. I'm probably confusing some new people so if someone can explain it better, have at it!

By the way, now is a good time to talk to anyone who wants a big ticket item (like cookware) but didn't want to spend the money. Or if you have any past host who booked off themselves within the last 6 months, they would get 4 items at 60% off!

Does that really work? Can you book off yourself and essentially get double the host special the next time?

ChefMoore said:
Does that really work? Can you book off yourself and essentially get double the host special the next time?
Yes. You would put the host in as a guest at her own show and she orders the host special as the host the show was booked from.

ChefMoore said:

You cannot book off yourself on a consultant as host show, consultants don't get booking benefits. But regular hosts can, I rebook every host and let them know what a great deal it is.

I had 4 past host book shows last September when we had the cookware special. It was too good of a deal for them to pass it up.

You just put an order in for the host as a guest and that order counts for their show total.

Oh, I missed the consultant part of the question. By "you" I was reading "a host". You are correct - a consultant can not do this but any other host can!

No, I worded that in a confusing manner. I did mean "you" as in the host, but I can see where it would have looked like I was talking about myself as a consultant.

Thanks for clearing it up though!

chefann said:
buckeyefan, HO has been switching it up between discounted and "free with purchase" type specials. I have a feeling that's going to continue for the foreseeable future.
I just wondered if this would be an ongoing thing. When I tell my hosts what the gust specials are they always say "What else?" :eek: It doesn't seem to impress anyone. I always like free stuff!

I've not had a lot of luck in the past couple of years with the "free with $60" specials, but that's because, generally, average order size is down in my area. People just don't think they can justify splurging on kitchen tools when they may lose their job next week. And I do talk about how good tools can save them money in the long run (both by not having to replace them, and eating out less).

We'll know the March and April specials in a couple of days.

I haven't had much luck with the 20% off guest specials. People around here seem to like free with purchase. Of course it's easier when the item is more than $6 because you can tell someone "if you add to your order, you'll get xx free".

The job market is not the greatest around here either. It's really taking a toll on my sales. I just think people are more willing to spend money on something of their choice b/c it's more likely to be something they will use. If they won't use the free item it's not much of an incentive for them to buy.

chefann said:
I've not had a lot of luck in the past couple of years with the "free with $60" specials, but that's because, generally, average order size is down in my area. People just don't think they can justify splurging on kitchen tools when they may lose their job next week. And I do talk about how good tools can save them money in the long run (both by not having to replace them, and eating out less).

We'll know the March and April specials in a couple of days.

The only time I've had good sales with the "free with $60" special is when it has been a really desirable product. One time the free gift was the garlic press. People were very willing to spend an extra $5 to get the press for free.

Talking about saving money by buying good tools is what I do too. I sell alot of the small saute pan by asking people how many times they have had to replace their egg pan - and letting them know that by spending $38, they will be saving money - it costs what 2-3 egg pans at the local discount store will cost, but it has a lifetime warranty, so it's the last one you will ever have to buy! - plus, the eggs slide right out with no sticking!

Hopefully, soon, Ann, we will be on the upswing of this state-wide recession we are in......:rolleyes:

I have to disagree, for me that is... I get more in sales when there is something for FREE in my neck of the woods...
I recently did my own FREE thing with $60.00 in sales as a FREE spice from me. It actually increased my sales if people thought they were getting something for FREE. Guess it depends where you are from.
Schel

schel said:
Guess it depends where you are from.
I really think this is true. And a freebie valued between $5 and $15 (in the case of the garlic press) isn't going to entice someone to double their $30 order.

But that's why HO switches things around. No one incentive works for everyone all the time.

I have a host that booked off of herself for a Feb show. I enter her 2 items in under her as the host, then I enter her in as a guest as well for the additional 2 items....How does her 10% PHD work with these two orders?

Past hosts don't get a PHD on the booking benefit. Nor can they use their PHD on top of the earned host bonus for the second show (can't double-dip).

Thank you!

If a host books a show within 6 months she:

1. gets the host benefits of the new show (no extra past host discount on her host order - PC gives them the better of the two)

2. gets to choose a monthly host special

3. gets to choose a monthly host special as the host who booked from the show (no additional past host discount - again, the better of the two)

4. can choose to order other items at the 10% discount in her order as past host (would only want to do that if she needed to add to commissionable sales to get to the next level of benefits - her current host benefit is better than the 10% on any other orders)

Thanks, Beth! I was trying to think of a concise and clear way to state that. As usual, you came through! :)

erinb said:
I have a host that booked off of herself for a Feb show. I enter her 2 items in under her as the host, then I enter her in as a guest as well for the additional 2 items....How does her 10% PHD work with these two orders?

Put the two most expensive items on her guest order and it will count towards her show total.

wadesgirl said:
Put the two most expensive items on her guest order and it will count towards her show total.

Very useful tip....hadn't thought of that (I'm sure it would have hit me right after I submitted the show LOL)

Thank you!

erinb said:
Very useful tip....hadn't thought of that (I'm sure it would have hit me right after I submitted the show LOL)

Thank you!

Good for your host, bad for you (since we don't make commission on monthly host specials). I had a lot of past host take advantage of the cookware special in September. I had a couple who ordered the 7 piece set at $137 and then got a couple more orders to put them over $200. Their show looked good but my commission looked like I did a $70 show. I'll take it though, September was still my highest month and I got a ton of POR points.

I offer booking off themselves as another benefit PC offers. I do need to get better at following up with them after 3-4 months to see if they still want to take advantage of it. I have several hosts who have promised a show every 6 months when the new catalog comes out so it's an added bonus to them.

We had the spend $60 and get _____free for so long, that when we stopped doing that all my guests felt like they were getting ripped off or something. They started expecting freebies after that.

Christ Follower said:
We had the spend $60 and get _____free for so long, that when we stopped doing that all my guests felt like they were getting ripped off or something. They started expecting freebies after that.

My favorite was customers who didn't think the spice for free last March was enough for a "free" item. Take what you can get people!

1. What is the February Host Special?

The February Host Special is a promotional offer where hosts can get 60% off any 2 items when they host a party in February.

2. Can hosts choose any 2 items to get the 60% off discount?

Yes, hosts can choose any 2 items from the eligible items to get the 60% off discount.

3. Does this offer include the 5 piece executive cookware set?

Yes, the 5 piece executive cookware set is included in the eligible items for the 60% off discount.

4. Can I host a party in February and still get the 60% off discount if I am not the host?

No, only the host of the party is eligible for the 60% off discount.

5. Is this offer available for online parties as well?

Yes, the February Host Special is available for both in-person and online parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • simms148
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies