• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

February Check-In! Double Points!

In summary, Kristi has 7 cooking shows and 6 catalog shows under her belt, and her goal is to have $5k in sales for a total of 10,000 points. Michele has 10 cooking shows scheduled, 1 bunco party, and 5 catalog shows this month. Her goal is to hit $5000 in sales.
I am looking at some of the goals from early in the month and you guys make me tired just thinking of trying to hit $5K I wante it but I just feel that I am so disorganized I have trouble all the time. I only have one cooking show this month but several catalog shows closing in the next few days.

I wil be hitting 15K tonight when I submit the show I am working on!

My 1st closed finally at $900, I have another waiting to close at $950ish, and 2 more to do tues. and wed. and both have 15-22 guests attending. So hopefully they do $500-1k each and I have 4 catty shows I am waiting to close by wednesday. Hopefully I will be at $4000-5k this month, which will be my biggest so far *Yeay* plus dbl points! WHOO_HOOO!

I hope to close the month at about $3000 for Feburary. So 6000 points isn't so bad. I hope that I get a few late orders from a last minute email about discontinued items I just sent....

My goal is $1250 for the month (qualify). I'm at $312.85 now (1st show - catalog/online one). I think it'll be a miracle for my show Wed. night to reach $938 but I'm going to try!!!!

My goal was for $1250 to get my SS month 3 items! I reached that goal and still have one show to close!

DebbieJ said:
I just did four shows this weekend (but I'm turning one of them in for March). I am sitting on three catalog shows and four cooking shows waiting to close. When they do, my commissionable sales are going to be $5200+!!! And I signed one recruit and have four very interested leads right now.

DOUBLE POINTS BABY!!! LONDON HERE I COME!!!!

And my March calendar is looking good and I have three bookings for April. :)

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! One of my hosts just emailed me & said she had another $200 in outside orders from work. She ran into someone who just bought a new house and she placed a $120 order. :) We are closing tomorrow.

Just have to add my goal...My goal is to beat my best month of $8800. And I am almost there! I really want to hit that 10K mark! Right now I am at $8766 and I still have 4 catalog shows to close and another show tomorrow (it will close in March..but still double points!)

Wow Marlene! That is great. So how many shows total did you do? I will hit $5,400 in 9 shows.

Well I'm pretty excited and just thought that I would share...

After having a pretty dramatic year last year and needing to take a little break, I decided that this February was going to be the month I took my business back! I scheduled 13 cooking shows and 4 catalog shows for a total of 17 shows. I did the mail out your invitations thing and wow, what a difference! I ended up holding 10 shows and 1 catalog show (The remainder are carrying on until March, which is actually really good for that month because I was a little short of my March bookings goal)

With 11 shows submitted, I'm at just over $7,200.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and one new recruit signed and in the process of qualifying! :)

Way to go, Darcy!

You and Marlene are both proof that you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to!

I had hoped for $5,000 but looks like I will only end up with around $2,500. :rolleyes:

I will hit my $1250 for my first 30 days and I will qualify as well! WooHoo!!

hoosierchef said:

CONGRATS!!!! :D :D :D :D

hoosierchef said:

ME TOO! CONGRATS TO YOU! :-D

Almost there!!Well, I just closed another catalog show and I am now at $9501 for February!!! That is with 10 cooking shows and 4 catalog show so far!! Still 3 more to go!!:) :) :)

It is so great to beat your best!! Gotta love it when you set goals and give it your all and make it!!!! :D :D

So, who am I going to see in London???:) ;) With my sales so far this month and my recruits who have qualified....my points are 29,899!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!:D :D

Marlene, you continue to inspire!!!

My goal is London and I hope to see you there. My sales will close at over $5k, which is a personal best. I've had one recruit qualify, another is on her way, and I have a signed agreement right here. So that's 6000 points plus 3000 cuz I will promote. Between sales and recruiting, I'll be over 20k points in no time!

It is SOOOO attainable when you work the opportunities our company gives us!

At last count I am about $1,800.00 in sales for the month. I am happy with that. I had several people reshcedule.

And I reached $15K this month, so, I achieved a goal that I am so happy about!

Paige Dixon said:
I always have a goal of $10,000 in sales for Feb. Haven't made it yet...

Ugh! What a bunch of small shows this month! Nowhere CLOSE to my goal! So far I've submitted $698.82 plus a January show held over.
I have one ready to close, hopefully her checks will be in the mail today, and 2 that will hold over until this weekend. Then 8 that I've been pestering to wrap up before tomorrow!!!

Marlene you are inspiring:D I hope to see ya in London.....time will tell!

fruit76loop said:
Well, I just closed another catalog show and I am now at $9501 for February!!! That is with 10 cooking shows and 4 catalog show so far!! Still 3 more to go!!:) :) :)

It is so great to beat your best!! Gotta love it when you set goals and give it your all and make it!!!! :D :D

So, who am I going to see in London???:) ;) With my sales so far this month and my recruits who have qualified....my points are 29,899!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!:D :D

WOW WOW WOW!! That is awesome.....like everyone else said you ARE inspiring.

Simply Amazing Marlene~ you are on FIRE! For this month and your total to date with recruiting! How do you do it girl!? Congrats!

I am at $2461....I really hoped for 4k.but I had a ridiculous amount of cancellations. But I did have a recruit qualify...too bad you do not get double points for them qualifying in Feb!!!

OMG OMG OMG

Just had a host give me $300 more in outside orders. With my other shows, I think I'm going to be over $6k.

OMG OMG OMG

This is my best month EVER and it's double points!!!!

Way to go Deb!! You are doing awesome!! Keep it up & just think what your future months will be like!

I'm at $4500...my personal best! And right now I'm typing on my new lap top that I bought with this month's commission check! Plus I had my first recruit sign earlier this month and another signing in a few days! I'm very pleased.

Linda you are on fire!!! Way to go! Keep up the hard work & enjoy that laptop!!

pamperedlinda said:
I'm at $4500...my personal best! And right now I'm typing on my new lap top that I bought with this month's commission check! Plus I had my first recruit sign earlier this month and another signing in a few days! I'm very pleased.

Way to go, Linda!!!

Way to go everyone!!All of you are inspiring to me as well!!:D :D

I am now up to $9783.50 with 2 more catalog shows to go!!! Whooo Hooo!! I should make it as long as both catalog shows are qualifying shows!!!

I will be stressing tomorrow!! I just can't wait for that $3000+ paycheck (now I can pay for my new desktop and notebook!) My team is also doing amazing this month!! GO TEAM!!!!

Some of you have asked how I do what I do...so here is my story!! I started 4+ years ago to be a stay at home mom. Well, when I started we barely had the $50 to get my kit to get started. I started with a goal in mind, if I didn't make at least $400 a month I would have had to go back to work...which I didn't want to do. We were struggling to make ends meet and pay our bills. So, I set goals each month to reach that minimum. I took off with a bang earning all 6 months of superstarters at the $2500 in sales level. I realized that this could help support my family and dreams.

Next, as our finances improved I needed $600 a month to pay for my husband's truck payment... it was important for me because my husband of 10 years had never had a new vehicle, he always told me I needed the new vehicle. Last summer, I set a goal to pay my mortgage of $1500 a month. Well on average, I have made well above this amount! I know that if I don't reach this that I will not be able to send my daughter to dance, or my son to preschool and we won't be able to have the extra money to go to the movies or to go on vacation. I don't like to have to say "no we can't afford that" or "that will have to wait". This is personally important to me, coming from a family that went without many things.

I have always been a natural goal setter and if I want it I will get it!! So I truly believe that no matter who you are, where you live, or what you want...you can get it! After all, as Kitchen Guy often says...I live in a state where the cattle population is higher than the human population!

Just set those goals and go for them!!

Another reminder...set goals for yourself and be proud when you achieve them! Don't ever compare yourself to someone else who's goals are different than yours! If your goal is to do $1250 a month in sales and you reach that goal...celebrate it with as much enthusiam as the person whose goal was $5000 in sales!! We often compare ourselves to others without realizing that we want different things.

My big goal this year is LEVEL 4 London!! And this is the biggest goal of my PC career so far!! And I am off to a fantastic start and I am happy to share my successes with all of yoU!:D :D

Here is a speech that I received back in 2005 that inspired me and was an "ah ha" moment in my business. It is long, but worth it...

"Lately I have heard so many people say how difficult direct sales is. 'It's hard.' 'I can't get bookings.' 'This just isn't for me.' 'I didn't know how difficult it would be.'

Well, I am a single mom of three, who before joining the direct sales family, held down two jobs. I would get up at 4 in the morning and not get to bed until midnight most nights, after returning from my part-time retail job, packing lunches, checking homework and relieving my mother, who helped out with the kids.

That, my friends, is difficult.

It is difficult always having to lower your dreams to meet your means. It is difficult to miss your son's football game because you have to work. It is difficult knowing the rust bucket you call a car is eating you alive in maintenance, but you can't afford a new one. It is difficult to realize that someone else is going to watch your daughter take her first step or have your son say mama to the preschool teacher.

It is difficult knowing that you have spent 40 years of your life working for somone else, only to realize that you will be retiring on one-third of what you can live on today. Or, worse yet, it is difficult knowing that you may have diligently worked all your life, only to be given an early retirement and replaced by someone younger, more capable.

I will tell you what is difficult. It is difficult waking up one morning and realizing that your children, the most precious things imaginable, no longer need bottles, diapers, have tea parties, or are shorter than the baseball bat they are trying to swing. It is difficult realizing it is too late and that the time frittered away can never be retrieved. It slips through our fingers one second at a time.

It is also difficult watching the spark in your partner's eyes fade because both of you realize the house you have been wanting is just a dream because someone else is controlling your finances.

We have nasty habits about rationalizing, procrastination and skirting important things, rather than facing the isssues. Too often we allow others who do not pay our bills, who do not share our dreams, to direct our futures.

As children we have absolutely no freedom; we rebel in our teens and scream for freedom. We reach adulthood and are finally free, only to realinquish that freedom because we think it is too difficult. We do not want to take that responsiblity. We do not want to make a wrong decision, so we obligingly give that awesome power to someone else. We wake up too late. We hear ourselves uttering phrases like: "I wish I had only..." and "If I could do it over again..."

You have no one but yourself to blame. You had the chance. Perhaps the opportunity was presented many times and each time you elevated the trivial to a higher priority than yourself.

Let me ask you: Is direct sales really difficult?

Is it so traumatic to show someone an exciting product or idea? Is it so difficult to understand that if you work this marketing idea for three to five years, you just might finally be able to send your children to a college chosen by excellence, rather than one chosen by price? That you could finally put your family in the home of their dreams?

Would you work really hard for eight to ten years, so you could mold a lifestyle of your choosing, so your family could live a lifestyle of their dreams, rather than trying to live how someone else thinks you should live?

How difficult is it to pick up the phone and call your hostess? How difficult is it to pack up your kit and meet some new friends? How difficult is it, really, to share what you love with others? Think about it.

Realize the awesome power you have in your hands with direct sales. There are people out there working three jobs. There are people drowing in debt; or agonizing through bankruptcy, realizing they only need a coupld hundred more dollars per month. That is difficult.

This business you have chosen has the ability to change lives. Direct sales cannot do anything. But YOU can change lives with it. You are the one with the life-changing ability. What are you waiting for?

There is difficulty and pain in success, and there is difficulty and pain in failure. Difficulty and pain in success will last a short period of time, but pain in failure lasts a lifetime. Which one is really more difficult?

You will pay a price for your actions, and your choices. Which choice will you make?"

Got goosebumps??? Hope that helps some of you! I know I still get goosebumps as I type it in today over 2 years later!

I have almost 1500 in sales, but only 608 are from Feb shows the rest is from January shows that wouldn't close...one was the show from... But, I did sign a new recruit...she sent her online agreement today...so I am now a future director. This has really been a great month for me. I usually turn in around 200 a month. PC is my hobby. So, 1500 in sales and a new recruit is super! I hope this is a sign of a FABULOUS year.

Marlene, that speech is amazing. Thanks for sharing it and your story.

I will be making my mortgage payment next month. :D I can't wait for March 8th.

Thanks for sharing that Marlene:D It is sooo true! I"m so glad you're a part of this virtual cluster!
We are working towards being debt-free besides our house, and we're almost there. And, we're working on getting out "dream house", hopefully in the next month, and my PC check will be paying half the mortgage:)
I totally feel everything you said. I don't like to tell my kids we can't do something fun because we can't afford it. My PC money has always been "play money", but now it's getting us the house we've been wanting, and if my dd wants to go to dance competition she can....and we can actually have a savings account for things in the future.
It's all about your dreams & what you are willing to do with your business to make your dreams a reality:)

Thanks Marlene
Another reminder...set goals for yourself and be proud when you achieve them! Don't ever compare yourself to someone else who's goals are different than yours! If your goal is to do $1250 a month in sales and you reach that goal...celebrate it with as much enthusiam as the person whose goal was $5000 in sales!! We often compare ourselves to others without realizing that we want different things.

This is something that was hard for me to learn at first, but it's so true. The one thing I want to add to Marlene's awesome inspirational message is don't forget to reward yourself when you reach a goal.

I found myself that when I get tangled in others goals and lost sight of what I achieved that I don't reward myself when I reached my goal. Everyone's goals different and we need to support them, but don't forget to reward ourselves w/ something!

My goals constantly change, but if I make each monthly goal, I will reward myself w/ a night out w/ the family (we don't get to go out to eat much), and in September I will reward the whole family w/ a 10 day family vacation on Maui all expenses paid by PC.

Sorry so long Marlene inspired me. Marlene can you do this every morning??:D

This site is so awesome! I get more info, inspiration and ideas here than from recruiter or director. Today is the deadline for my 30 day bonus. I have already submitted nine shows, with 3 more to close today:D :D ...I've qualified and reached a sales amount that I NEVER thought was possible for me to reach just starting out!
Marlene, you are in inspiration and so true when you say that it is up to each of us to set our own personal goals and stive to reach it, and to celebrate it no matter what we see someone else on here doing! But seeing you guys do it, proves to me it CAN be done!:p :p

Oh, and my husband pointed out to me that my commission check will be more "in pocket" money than when I attempted to go back to work full-time last year. We have 3 kids, so the nanny was quite expensive!! Not bad for only being out of the house 6 days in a month. And they really aren't days are they, it's really only a couple of hours!

Add my thanks too, Marlene!I'm having a pretty good month, and will finish with over $3000 in sales....had a consultant qualify this month, signed my host last night, and my host for tonight is signing too!!! With all that said - I have still been having a little pity party about how hard it has been to get bookings, and although $3000 is nothing to sneeze at, none of my parties this month met my expectations of what they could/should have been.
But then....I read Marlene's incredibly inspiring post - and finished with tears running down my cheeks....Thank you Marlene for reminding me of why I am doing this - and for giving me a HUGE kick in the rear (in a very good way) about making excuses, and setting goals, and about what is truly difficult......I am so grateful - and I am printing out the post and hanging it above my desk...and maybe also on the bathroom mirror, and above the kitchen sink....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Happy dance!! for everyone!!!I am so glad that this message inspired all of you! :) :) I had to type the message in last night from my printout from 2005 that is hanging on my bulletin board! (While my husband was grumbling about what was taking me so long when all I was going to do was post one message :rolleyes: ) It is always there to remind me why I am so fortunate to be associated with the Pampered Chef! I also believe that after I read this my recruiting soars as well!! Who wouldn't want to change someone's life for the better??

It is so true about having those pity parties...we all get into those valleys, but the most important aspect is to make sure we lift ourself out of those valleys! If you are unable to lift yourself out, then make sure you have someone in your life (husband, director, friend) who can help lift you out of that dang valley!!

I just received some orders from making calls and I am now to $9884.57 with those 2 catalog shows to close tonight!! Here I come $10K!!:D :D

I was so excited when I set the goal of $10 K, then I had 3 shows cancel...and I found myself having that pity party, but luckily my husband said "ahhh...poor Marlene...she had 3 parties cancel...I know she can't make it to $10K in sales because she never makes her goals." Of course he knew this would make me realize that I could make the sales, I would just have to find other ways to make it! So I own my husband a big thanks for helping me get out of that valley!!

Well, I better go do some work to finish getting those orders I need!!!

Remember, if this inspired you than share it with everyone you know to inspire them to their dreams (PC or non-PC)!!!!:D

pamperedalf said:
Marlene can you do this every morning??:D

Ha ha...would you really want to read my long posts every morning?? :eek: But you know that is what I love about my job, the Pampered Chef, and this site...when you inspire others you make a difference in their lives! And of course it inspires me even more!! (if that is possible!;) )

Way to go Marlene on your sales.

Good job to everyone this month - I'm looking at $1108 in sales which is one small catalog show and a mystery host show I did that came in at $950!! I had vendor events as well and a lot of interest in the coming months which is what I was looking for. You're right Marlene - we need to have our own goals and not worry about what someone else is doing if we are happy with what we are doing for ourself. Good luck getting to $10K - that's awesome!!:)

Thanks for the wake up call Marlene. I was so excited at the beginning of the year about earning a trip. February I had the most shows on my books ever with 7 cooking shows and one catalog show. Then the cancellations started. I ended up with only two of the original cooking shows sticking. It's very hard to stay motivated when cancellations are cropping up. I also had two recruit potentials that looked like good leads. After setting up three different meetings between them and having no shows I was ready to write off the business. I've had to tell myself March is going to be the month for me and to just forget about February. I have to say it really has hurt though as I had such high hopes for double points to get me a jump start for a trip.
:( . I need to stop my pity party as Marlene puts it so well. I've decided to give my business my all for the next three months and see where it can take me.

fruit76loop said:
I am so glad that this message inspired all of you! :) :) I had to type the message in last night from my printout from 2005 that is hanging on my bulletin board! (While my husband was grumbling about what was taking me so long when all I was going to do was post one message :rolleyes: ) It is always there to remind me why I am so fortunate to be associated with the Pampered Chef! I also believe that after I read this my recruiting soars as well!! Who wouldn't want to change someone's life for the better??

It is so true about having those pity parties...we all get into those valleys, but the most important aspect is to make sure we lift ourself out of those valleys! If you are unable to lift yourself out, then make sure you have someone in your life (husband, director, friend) who can help lift you out of that dang valley!!

I just received some orders from making calls and I am now to $9884.57 with those 2 catalog shows to close tonight!! Here I come $10K!!:D :D

I was so excited when I set the goal of $10 K, then I had 3 shows cancel...and I found myself having that pity party, but luckily my husband said "ahhh...poor Marlene...she had 3 parties cancel...I know she can't make it to $10K in sales because she never makes her goals." Of course he knew this would make me realize that I could make the sales, I would just have to find other ways to make it! So I own my husband a big thanks for helping me get out of that valley!!

Well, I better go do some work to finish getting those orders I need!!!

Remember, if this inspired you than share it with everyone you know to inspire them to their dreams (PC or non-PC)!!!!:D
Marlene,
I LOVED your post(s)!! Way to go for such an incredible month!!! You ARE going to earn Level 4, I know it! What an inspiration to everyone. Won't this be an exciting year?! I'm so excited for you!

My check-in......I will probably close with $4600 or so for the month, so I'm excited about that. :D I wish I would have beaten my record ($7500 in November) but HEY I'll take this!! I may have a couple more hundred to add if a host is able to get her show over $150 and closes out by March 5th which would go toward double points.

Way to go everyone!!! :D

You're so right!
MicheleC said:
Thanks for the wake up call Marlene. I was so excited at the beginning of the year about earning a trip. February I had the most shows on my books ever with 7 cooking shows and one catalog show. Then the cancellations started. I ended up with only two of the original cooking shows sticking. It's very hard to stay motivated when cancellations are cropping up. I also had two recruit potentials that looked like good leads. After setting up three different meetings between them and having no shows I was ready to write off the business. I've had to tell myself March is going to be the month for me and to just forget about February. I have to say it really has hurt though as I had such high hopes for double points to get me a jump start for a trip.
:( . I need to stop my pity party as Marlene puts it so well. I've decided to give my business my all for the next three months and see where it can take me.

Don't give up on yourself or your business when you have one bad month! Remember that everyone, no matter what level you are, has bad months. What you need to figure out is why you had all of those cancellations and take that info and move forward!

Did you host coach to your best ability? If so, then move on as some hosts are uncoachable! If not, ;) figure out what you want to do differently for your March hosts!!

Keep your chin up!:D

Marlene I wouldn't mind the long posts at all!!!Inspire away!!!:)

Thanks for the advice Marlene. I wish I could say there was one thing I could have done differntly. One of the shows cancelled because she just decided she didn't want to do it after all. One had their mother put in the hospital the night before the party, another had her grandmother pass away the week before her show and a third one had her daughter-in-law going on trial for "some really bad things" (didn't want to ask) and said she needed to support her son through the trial. The fifth one decided not to do the show and turn it into a catalog show when she found out only one of her friends was coming. Two of the other shows are supposedly turning into catalog shows but those never seem to turn out great and two of them do want to reschedule for a later date. I'm going to work on the others for later in the spring when their lives may be back on track. It was just one of those months where nothing seemed to be going right. It's so easy to start the pity party! I have to remind myself of the good things. I have five shows already on the books for March and two for April so I'm off to a good start for the rest of the Spring. Just need to overbook and keep motivating.

BTW. How many shows did you do this month to hit $10,000?

I had 10 cooking shows and 7 catalog shows. I also had 6 orders from my website!! AND I had 4 $1000+ shows!! And most of my catalog shows were around $250 or so. My show average for the month was $856.

My total is now at $10,462.96!! Getting ready to submit my last show now!!! :D :D

fruit76loop said:
I had 10 cooking shows and 7 catalog shows. I also had 6 orders from my website!! AND I had 4 $1000+ shows!! And most of my catalog shows were around $250 or so. My show average for the month was $856.

My total is now at $10,462.96!! Getting ready to submit my last show now!!! :D :D

WOW!!! Congrats to you, Marlene! What a great month!

I am at 12,160 points. Not bad considering my goal was 2500!!! (It's my first SS month!!):D

My monthI have set a goal for myself of level one. To do this I need $2000 in sales per month, and I have only reached that number twice in my almost two years. Jan, with two shows, was about $1491. Feb, with 5 shows, is about $2700. YAY!

Robin

Way to go!!Congrats on reaching your goals so far!! Keep up the good work!:D :D :D

ACK!!! I can't reach two of my hosts!!! I know that I have til the 5th, but I really wanted this paycheck. It's already 9:30 p.m. here in IL, so I'm thinking they're not closing tonight. UGH!

Whew! My head is spinning!
I just submitted 3 shows...
My totals are $4578
7 shows
12 bookings

I could get used to that 27% commission!
Sorta scares me...I've raised my bar! Hope I can keeping reaching and raising it!

Awesome February! And to think of the years I've gone inactive Jan/Feb... This one made up for them all!

WOW... 9158 POINTS... I"ll take that!! It's only February!
Where is that trip next year?????? WHOOO WHEEE!!!

Knock on wood ~ ~ ~ LOL

Edit::: OH AND one $1,000+ show!!

Spinnin...Here too!!! I am so glad to have that last show in and done! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Ha ha!!!

Congrats on the 27% commission!! It is very easy to get used to!! :D :D And an added 1% or 3% for FD and Director is even better!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JaimeQ
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefBevShu