• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Family Vacation to Branson: Fun Activities for All Ages!

In summary, the family is going to Branson, MO from May 24th - May 31st and recommends visiting Silver Dollar City, The Ballknobbers, Dixie Stampede, and Ripley's. They also recommend horseback riding and rafting.
nikki70563
Gold Member
My family and I are going to Branson, MO May 24th - May 31st any suggestions of things to do it will be my husband, 4 year old son, 5 month old daugther, my mom and myself and maybe my brother, his girlfriend and her daughter maybe coming.

It's more difficult to decide what NOT to do in Branson. You name it, it's there. Theaters, theme parks, theaters, restaurants, wax museums, theaters, train rides, theaters, a huge Bass Pro Shop, theaters and, did I mention? There are some theaters there, too.

Silver Dollar City! I use to live in Harrison which is 30 miles from Branson & we all had season passes so we could run up there anytime. They have something for everyone I think.

The Ballknobbers (I think that is the name). It is a family comedy act with singing too. It was SO FUNNY!! My fav of all we did!

There is an old styled general store, I cannot think of the name of it, that is WONDERFUL! I could have stayed in there for days. It is on the same road as the "strip," but it is on the other end of the road away from all the theaters. We went several years ago, so, I am sure things have changed a lot.

We went to see Mickey Gilley b/c my dad wanted to go and I really liked it too. His comedian in Branson really makes the show too. We ate ate his restaurant and it was very good.

We went to the Dixie Stampede. It was good but not as good as the one in Pegion Forge, TN.

We rode horses too. I forgot the plave we did that at. It was past Silver Dollar City and right across from Unto the Hills.

We stayed in a condo a few roads up from the strip. Very good location but not right in the middle of everything, so, we were not bothered by the "night life" when we were trying to sleep. There was a bird in a tree though that my mom wanted to kill!!:D

We loved it but it is too far of a drive to want to go back any time soon.

Sight & Sound - Christian TheatreThe theatre that I work for here in Pennsylvania is opening another theatre in Branson on May 24th. Couldn't believe it when I saw your post about Branson. I was just working on some details for Branson at work today!

Anyways, it is called Sight & Sound Theatres and we do Christian shows. The theatre seats 2000 and has production values that are similar if not bigger than Broadway.

All of our shows are written in house and are based on the Bible. The show that opens first in Branson is Noah. The kids really like it. For the ark loading scene, lots of animals walk down the aisles, including camels, horses, cattle, llamas, skunks, dogs, cats, pigs, geese, zebras. In Act II, the side stages wrap around the audience with over 300 animated and live animals as if you were on board the ark!

The show is 2 1/2 hours and is a musical.

The website is Sight & Sound

Check it out! Hope you get a chance to do see it.

Also, when I was down there for an audition trip, we went on the Branson Belle Steamboat and went to the Shoji Tamaguchi show and they were both entertaining as well. I've also heard that Silver Dollar City is a great family activity.

Have a great trip!

Katie:D

thanks for the input we went 2 years ago and stayed at Cabin at Green Mountains and this year we are staying at Stormy Pointe both are my parents timeshare.

ditto on the Branson Belle Riverboat cruise and Shoji's show - fantastic!!

I had to reply to this one - any Simpson's fan is probably thinking of the episode when they go to Branson, MO - love this quote from Bart:

"My dad says it’s like Vegas — if it were run by Ned Flanders".

OK, semi-hijack over!

Here's the link to the Wikipedia site where I saw TONS to do there:

Branson, Missouri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I live about an hour away ~ and so we go there often. All the suggestions here are great... and I would have to say Silver Dollar City is a must! You'll have a blast :D

OMG, we went there last August & had a BLAST! My 4 year old has been asking ever since, when we can go back again. We rode with my parents & met my sis & her family there. (they live in MS) We rented a condo where we could all stay together (12 of us), & we cooked supper together there.

We went to the Butterfly Palace which was great & everyone loved it.
We also went to Ripley's Believe It or Not which everyone also loved.
Then, we spent 2 days at Silver Dollar City which of course is a must-do! While grocery shopping, my dad got sucked in to the booth at the front of the store where they offer you "great prices" on tickets. He got 2 days' tickets for the price of 1 day; so for 12 of us he got a great deal. Of course the catch was he had to go sit in a time share program where they tried to sell him one. Note: if you do this for the deal....when they say their "program" will last 45 minutes; they really mean it will last 3 hours! It gave the rest of us time to go shopping though!

LOVED Branson! Next time, we want to do the riverboat cruise, & definately the Titanic museum.

lacychef said:
Note: if you do this for the deal....when they say their "program" will last 45 minutes; they really mean it will last 3 hours! It gave the rest of us time to go shopping though!/QUOTE]

We did this in Pegion Forge one year, it was suppose to have been 90 minutes long and it last half the day. They took us on a bus, so, we could not live. They told us we would have a "buffet style" lunch and the buffet was hot dogs with different toppings! We did get free tickets to something (I forget what) and $100 cash.

We have decided that Branson is our family vacation spot every year. Last year, we stayed at the FoxFire Resort. It was by no means fancy, but we had a kitchen, two bathrooms, two bedrooms & a living room. They had a play area for the kids & a pool. Each cottage came with a charcoal grill.

This August when we go, we're staying at the Wilderness @ Silver Dollar City. We did the Titanic last year & was really interesting. Although, my kids (5, 2 & 1 at the time) didn't enjoy it very much. The Ducks is a definite must do if you have kids.

Silver Dollar City is our favorite. We absolutely love it there & will be going several days during our trip!!

The Pierce Arrow show is really good...lots of good country and gospel music, comedy, and some christian content. I have been going to Branson for about 30 years and I can honestly say that I have never seen a bad show. All the ones I have seen are family oriented...not nasty or anything you wouldn't want your children to hear. The music is always good. The Baldknobbers are awesome!! Silver Dollar City is good...but I don't know about taking a baby and 4 year old...it is like an old town...but there is lots of music and shows, crafts, etc. But, no matter what, you will have a great time. My advice is to get the map and learn how to get around the strip...lots of traffic.

Branson is our favorite family vacation spot. We go at least once every year and 3 or 4 times some years.

Shawnna said:
The Pierce Arrow show is really good...lots of good country and gospel music, comedy, and some christian content. I have been going to Branson for about 30 years and I can honestly say that I have never seen a bad show. All the ones I have seen are family oriented...not nasty or anything you wouldn't want your children to hear. The music is always good. The Baldknobbers are awesome!! Silver Dollar City is good...but I don't know about taking a baby and 4 year old...it is like an old town...but there is lots of music and shows, crafts, etc. But, no matter what, you will have a great time. My advice is to get the map and learn how to get around the strip...lots of traffic.

Branson is our favorite family vacation spot. We go at least once every year and 3 or 4 times some years.

When we went last time, we took our then 5, 2 & 1 yo kids. They had a ball & asked about going back. We also went in 2004 with our 2 1/2 yo & I was extremely pregnant. It was great for us & we loved it! With the baby, I'd take your own stroller. You might want to go ahead & get one for the 4 yo too. If nothing else, it doubles as a carry all! :)

Related to Family Vacation to Branson: Fun Activities for All Ages!

1. What are the top attractions for families in Branson?

Some of the top family-friendly attractions in Branson include Silver Dollar City, the Titanic Museum Attraction, Shepherd of the Hills Adventure Park, and Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction.

2. Are there any outdoor activities for families in Branson?

Yes, there are plenty of outdoor activities for families in Branson such as ziplining, hiking, horseback riding, and water sports on Table Rock Lake.

3. What are some budget-friendly options for families in Branson?

There are many budget-friendly options for families in Branson, including free activities like visiting the downtown historic district, exploring nature at Dogwood Canyon Nature Park, and attending the Branson Landing Fountain Show.

4. Are there any shows or concerts suitable for families in Branson?

Yes, there are plenty of family-friendly shows and concerts in Branson. Some popular options include the Acrobats of China, the Amazing Pets Show, and the Haygoods.

5. Are there any accommodations that cater specifically to families in Branson?

Yes, there are several accommodations in Branson that cater specifically to families, such as resorts with kid-friendly amenities like water parks and game rooms. There are also vacation rentals and campgrounds that are suitable for families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Cindycooks
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MomToEli