• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facing Skillet Fear: My 12" Show Tonight!

In summary, for those who are new to using the 12-inch skillet at shows, it may seem intimidating but with some preparation and practice, it can be a great tool for selling and showcasing at shows. Some tips for success include prepping the skillet beforehand, using cooking spray, having all ingredients ready, using the right utensils and heat settings, and utilizing the different cooking zones. The skillet can also be used for serving and keeping food warm. Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with it!
TheNewMrsRue
Okay, so I'm taking the plunge tonight. I've never done a show using the 12 inch skillet b/c it's always intimidated me & I always have done the DCB & rice cooker. But I decided it was now or never...

Had a pep talk with my director and we walked thru what to say, etc. But I'd LOVE to get some advice from those who use the skillet at shows a lot and what works, what doesn't, etc!!

My director challenged me to sell 2 skillets tonight, so I'm getting a little nervous!!!

TheNewMrsRue said:
Okay, so I'm taking the plunge tonight. I've never done a show using the 12 inch skillet b/c it's always intimidated me & I always have done the DCB & rice cooker. But I decided it was now or never...Had a pep talk with my director and we walked thru what to say, etc. But I'd LOVE to get some advice from those who use the skillet at shows a lot and what works, what doesn't, etc!!My director challenged me to sell 2 skillets tonight, so I'm getting a little nervous!!!
definitely getting some bookings for the skillet is TOTALLY doable - IMHO. *But since the prices are going up- maybe you can get some sales too!On CC...if you go to the left side of the main page and the second image down is the "Spring Marketing Guide". Click on that, and then go to the "selling simple" button. There are 4 videos with a Top seller in "show mode" for that collection. Cookware is one of them! It's 2 minutes. :)Good luck!

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/encouragement!!!1. Prepare your skillet beforehand: Make sure your skillet is clean and ready for use. Preheat it to medium-high heat for about 5 minutes before adding any ingredients.2. Use cooking spray: To prevent sticking, spray the skillet with cooking spray before adding any ingredients. This will also make cleanup easier.3. Have all ingredients prepped and ready: Have all your ingredients chopped, sliced, and measured before starting the show. This will make the cooking process smoother and more efficient.4. Use the right utensils: Use heat-resistant utensils, such as silicone or wooden utensils, to avoid scratching the non-stick surface of the skillet.5. Don't overcrowd the skillet: Make sure there is enough space between ingredients to allow for even cooking. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and sticking.6. Use the lid: The lid helps to trap heat and steam, which helps to cook food faster and more evenly. It also helps to keep splatters to a minimum.7. Utilize the different cooking zones: The 12-inch skillet has three cooking zones – the center, the outer ring, and the entire surface. Use the center for high heat cooking, the outer ring for medium heat, and the entire surface for low heat.8. Use the right heat setting: Make sure to adjust the heat setting based on the cooking zone you are using. For example, use medium heat for the outer ring and high heat for the center.9. Keep an eye on the food: The skillet heats up quickly and can cook food faster than you may be used to. Keep an eye on the food to prevent overcooking.10. Use the skillet for more than just cooking: The skillet can also be used for serving and keeping food warm. Utilize this feature to showcase the versatility of the skillet.11. Practice, practice, practice: The more you use the skillet, the more comfortable you will become with it. Practice at home and try out different recipes to build your confidence.Remember, the skillet is just another tool in your Pampered Chef arsenal. Have fun with it and don't be afraid to experiment and try new things. Good luck with your show!

1. What is the "Facing Skillet Fear: My 12" Show Tonight!" event all about?

The "Facing Skillet Fear: My 12" Show Tonight!" event is a demonstration and tutorial on how to effectively use a 12-inch skillet for cooking. It will cover various recipes and techniques to help you overcome any fears or hesitations you may have about using this kitchen tool.

2. Who will be hosting the event?

The event will be hosted by Pampered Chef's top consultant, [Insert name here]. She has extensive experience with using the 12-inch skillet and will be sharing her tips and tricks with you.

3. Is this event free to attend?

Yes, this event is completely free to attend. We believe that everyone should have access to helpful cooking tips and techniques, and we are excited to share our knowledge with you.

4. Can I purchase the 12-inch skillet during the event?

Yes, you can purchase the 12-inch skillet during the event. Our consultant will have them available for purchase at a discounted price. If you are interested in purchasing one, please let our consultant know at the beginning of the event.

5. Can I bring my own ingredients to use during the event?

We will have all the necessary ingredients for the recipes that will be demonstrated during the event. However, if you have any specific dietary restrictions or allergies, please feel free to bring your own ingredients and our consultant will provide alternative recipes for you to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • cmcchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • chefangie