• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

F/W '07 Catalog Postage: Avoid the Post Office Hassle and Find Out Here!

books, printed music, recorded video tapes, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Cannot contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books...The maximum weight for Bound Printed Matter is 20 lbs.Media Mail is a great option if you are sending a catalog or other small package that doesn't weigh too much. It's also a good option if you want to save some money on postage. However, if you are mailing something that is heavier than 70 pounds, you should consider using a different shipping option.
ChefNic
:confused: Anyone know how much postage is on our F/W '07 catalog with no envelope?

Thanks! I don't wanna go to the post office!

I think i paid $2.47 the last time I mailed one. I cannot remember for sure though. My receipt is at home.

If you mail it with no envelope, you'll need to tape all 3 sides, and put the address label on it so that the fold is at the bottom. (Just an FYI).If you have a kitchen scale, you can weigh it, and go to usps.com to compute the postage.

I weighed it on my PC scale...it weighs .o4 oz
so on http://www.usps.com it says it would cost $1.64
as long as I am doing it right.

Jennifer - did you put it in an envelope?
I don't want to charge the person I'm sending it to...although she's a friend!

Thanks for your help!
n

You know I may have. I usually do but I remember the other day I mailed one without it b/c I was in a hurry when I remembered and did not have an envelope with me. I just put the "to" address on the back of the catalog and mailed it. I had it stamped with my info. I do now remember that you said something it was a little cheaper than normal. I just had stamps with me and no cash and just stuck some on there and got them to weigh to make sure I had enough, ha!

I put 4 stamps on it...taped 3 sides, and put my return address on there too.
i't in my mailbox...i'm not feeling good (cold, splitting head) so i don't want to go out to the post office for just that!

Thanks for your help! hopefully when someone else needs this info it will help them too!

I put the stamps over the Mini Pesto Pizza picture...!!!!...I hope the post office finds them back there! LOL

If you stamped it in portrait orientation (the tall way), then it will require additional postage. If a piece is square or portrait, it's considered irregular and there's an additional surcharge.

ChefNic said:
I put 4 stamps on it...taped 3 sides, and put my return address on there too.
i't in my mailbox...i'm not feeling good (cold, splitting head) so i don't want to go out to the post office for just that!

Thanks for your help! hopefully when someone else needs this info it will help them too!

I put the stamps over the Mini Pesto Pizza picture...!!!!...I hope the post office finds them back there! LOL

Hope you feel better soon!

Since you are all talking about shipping. Do you ship your host packets Media mail? I have been doing this and it is only $2.31, but someone told me I can't do this.

Any thoughts?

I think that media mail has a "no advertising" restriction. And catalogs definitely break that rule.Media mail is also not a priority for the post office. It is transported and delivered if resources are available after first class, etc. The PO has 3 weeks to deliver it, so it won't necessarily get there in time.

I send mine media mail. The postal workers knno what catalog it is b/c they know I am a consultant. I do not know if they are just "letting" me but I have always done media. I send my host packets media too when I have to mail them.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that to go "media mail" it can't have any personalized information (such as party date, time, etc., in a host kit). I always send mine 1st class. It's a deductible business expense.

First ClassI send mine first class ($2.00 - $2.50). I agree Ann, it doesn't count as media mail at my post office but also First class is faster. I want them to get the packet as soon as possible!! Save your receipts!!!

Debbie :D

The official regulationsHere's what the USPS has to say about mailing options. Please note that even if your post office branch lets you bend these rules, you can still get in trouble if you are not in compliance.

Media Mail (Book Rate)
  • Best rate for sending small and large packages containing books, film, manuscripts, sound recordings, video tapes, and computer media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes).
  • Media Mail cannot contain advertising.
  • Packages can weigh up to 70 lbs. and measure up to 108 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.
  • Presorted rates are available for bulk quantities (at least 300 pieces).
The detail page for Media Mail states:
Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

Bound Printed Matter
  • Cost efficient way to send small and large packages containing permanently-bound sheets of directory, advertising, or editorial matter, such as catalogs or phone books.
  • Permanently-bound sheets should be secured with staples, spiral binding, glue, or stitching.
  • Packages can weigh up to 15 lbs. and measure up to 108 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.
  • Discount rates available for 300 or more pieces.
The detail page for Bound Printed Matter states:
Bound Printed Matter service is a cost efficient way to mail permanently-bound sheets of advertising, promotional, directory or editorial material such as catalogs and phonebooks.
  • Can weigh up to 15 pounds.
  • Sheets must be permanently-bound by secure fastenings such as staples, spiral binding, glue or stitching.
  • At least 90% of the sheets must be imprinted by any process other than handwriting or typewriting.
  • Rates are based on weight, distance, and shape.

chefann said:
Here's what the USPS has to say about mailing options. Please note that even if your post office branch lets you bend these rules, you can still get in trouble if you are not in compliance.

Media Mail (Book Rate)
  • Best rate for sending small and large packages containing books, film, manuscripts, sound recordings, video tapes, and computer media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes).
  • Media Mail cannot contain advertising.
  • Packages can weigh up to 70 lbs. and measure up to 108 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.
  • Presorted rates are available for bulk quantities (at least 300 pieces).
The detail page for Media Mail states:
Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

Bound Printed Matter
  • Cost efficient way to send small and large packages containing permanently-bound sheets of directory, advertising, or editorial matter, such as catalogs or phone books.
  • Permanently-bound sheets should be secured with staples, spiral binding, glue, or stitching.
  • Packages can weigh up to 15 lbs. and measure up to 108 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.
  • Discount rates available for 300 or more pieces.
The detail page for Bound Printed Matter states:
Bound Printed Matter service is a cost efficient way to mail permanently-bound sheets of advertising, promotional, directory or editorial material such as catalogs and phonebooks.
  • Can weigh up to 15 pounds.
  • Sheets must be permanently-bound by secure fastenings such as staples, spiral binding, glue or stitching.
  • At least 90% of the sheets must be imprinted by any process other than handwriting or typewriting.
  • Rates are based on weight, distance, and shape.

I have sent things as Bound Printed Matter. A Catalog w/ a Flyer stapled to it would fall under this category.
A Host Packet doesn't fall under either catergory, so really shouldn't be sent that way.
I send mine Priority Mail when I have to send them anyway.....it's more money, but I know they will get there quickly.

Most of my host kits get sent priority. I do the label and postage online at usps.com. I get free tracking that way. BTW, anything first-class that's 13 ounces or more is priority mail, so my host kits would automatically be priority.

Isn't it something how on here one simple question can turn into a full blown detailed matter?!HAHA!!:D

What is the purpose of the F/W '07 Catalog Postage?

The F/W '07 Catalog Postage is designed to help our customers avoid the hassle of going to the post office to purchase stamps for their catalog orders. It also provides them with information on alternative postage options.

How can I avoid going to the post office for catalog postage?

There are several options available to avoid going to the post office for catalog postage. You can purchase stamps online through the USPS website, use a postage meter or online postage service, or use pre-paid postage labels provided by Pampered Chef.

Are there any additional fees for using pre-paid postage labels?

No, there are no additional fees for using pre-paid postage labels. The cost of the postage is already included in the price of the label.

Can I use the pre-paid postage labels for international orders?

No, pre-paid postage labels can only be used for domestic orders within the United States. For international orders, you will need to purchase postage through the USPS website or use a postage meter or online postage service.

Is there a limit to the number of pre-paid postage labels I can use?

There is no limit to the number of pre-paid postage labels you can use. However, please keep in mind that each label is only valid for one shipment and cannot be reused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mhrivera
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mhrivera
  • lkprescott
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • leahevanson