• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Is Postage for One Envelope?

I think the only real difference is that first class can take a little longer to get to you, but that's really it. So, I would say that it's not really worth it to send them at book rate.
lakamper
I am sending out catalogs to all my old hosts to tell them I have started up with PC again and was wondering if anyone knows how much postage is for one catalog???

I know you can send it book rate but just want to make sure I'm not over doing it - right now I have it at $2.13, but that seems really high....

Well, it recently changed, because postage is now based in part on shape.

A catalog has to go into a large envelope, which starts at (I think) 60 cents for the first ounce. Based on the postage calculator on the USPS website, a 5-ounce large envelope is $1.48. That should give you a litle wiggle room to put a flyer in the envelope, too.

BTW- technically, catalogs cannot be sent book rate because they're advertising. Book rate is also "space available" which means that it could take up to a month to arrive. Spend the extra and send them First Class.

oh thanks so much! I have 15 catalogs all in envelopes with personal notes ready to go - I use Stamps.com so I really needed to know the weight or approximate price. Thanks!!!

A really good investment is a $10 postage scale. You can get one at any office supply store. Then you can weigh your envelopes. And it will also double as a cooking scale for portion control. :)

I had one for years and then my youngest was weighing herself.........needless to say, I don't have one anymore. That will be my next investment!!!

chefann said:
Well, it recently changed, because postage is now based in part on shape.

A catalog has to go into a large envelope, which starts at (I think) 60 cents for the first ounce. Based on the postage calculator on the USPS website, a 5-ounce large envelope is $1.48. That should give you a litle wiggle room to put a flyer in the envelope, too.

BTW- technically, catalogs cannot be sent book rate because they're advertising. Book rate is also "space available" which means that it could take up to a month to arrive. Spend the extra and send them First Class.

I have found that there is very little price difference between book rate & first class at this weight.

1. How much does it cost to send a standard-sized envelope through regular mail?

The cost of sending a standard-sized envelope through regular mail varies depending on the weight and destination of the envelope. In general, the cost ranges from $0.55 to $1.00 for domestic mail and $1.20 to $3.50 for international mail.

2. Is there a difference in postage cost for envelopes with extra weight or thickness?

Yes, there is a difference in postage cost for envelopes with extra weight or thickness. The United States Postal Service (USPS) uses a pricing system based on the weight and thickness of an envelope, with additional charges for oversized or non-machinable envelopes.

3. What is the cost of postage for a square envelope?

The cost of postage for a square envelope is the same as a standard-sized envelope as long as it meets the weight and thickness requirements. However, if the envelope is larger than the maximum size for a standard envelope, it will be subject to additional charges.

4. Can I use stamps to send an envelope internationally?

Yes, you can use stamps to send an envelope internationally. However, the number of stamps needed will depend on the weight and destination of the envelope. It is recommended to use the USPS online postage calculator to determine the exact amount of postage needed.

5. Are there any additional fees or surcharges for sending an envelope through the mail?

Yes, there may be additional fees or surcharges for sending an envelope through the mail. These fees can include special handling charges for fragile or bulky items, non-machinable surcharges for envelopes that cannot be processed by machines, and customs fees for international mail. It is best to check with your local post office or use the USPS online postage calculator to determine any additional charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkprescott
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • mhrivera
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mhrivera
  • bsaxman