• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Errrr - Small Fair With Two Pampered Chef People

In summary, the other PC consultant showed up to the small town Christmas Bizarre event and was selling Mary Kay, Party Lite, and Lia Sophia. I asked her not to display her products because I was the only PC consultant to have signed up for the event and
Hunter Mom
I just did a fair at a local high school. Attendance was sparse at best, but imagine my surprise when the kids helping me haul stuff in commented how they'd just helped the other PC lady with hers. WHAT???? :grumpy: Anyhow, she wandered over to my area before we started and we visited - she's nice, but still! I'm not very happy with the whole thing. I'm just glad I didn't spend much money or energy on getting there.

I did manage to get several shows off of it, so that's good. Of course, two were people who I knew already but hadn't seen in a while.

I'm so sorry. This is why I always ask if they have a policy limiting participation to only one person from any particular company. I don't mind competing with other kitchen companies (Tupperware, Tastefully Simple, etc), but I will not compete with another PC consultant. Period. If they can't assure me that they won't allow another PC person I wish them the best with their event and move on.

From what I was told, they didn't realize she was PC. Uh Huh.

Oh, and it was SMALL, too. I think there were maybe 20 booths, and I didn't give out but about 75 fliers. I can't complain, though, I guess as I did get a couple of new shows.

was she selling something besides PC too? How did she sign up but them not know what she was selling? Doesn't add up....

Aw that stinks! Well, at least you got some bookings. Yeah, I've learned from others experiences on here that we should always double check that there isn't already a PC person signed up and that they won't allow another one once you've committed. Something doesn't add up about that other girl being there and what she told you. Oh well...bless & release (and if they ask you for next year...make sure they promise that it's just you) ;)

I called about a school fair this summer. When I asked about their policy I was told that they couldn't deny someone the opportunity to have a booth, but since I was the first PC consultant to sign up I'd have the best spot. I politely declined.

I was debating on a local High schol craft fair. How can you find out if there is another Consultant attending so your not double booked like this?

You ask if there will be any other reps there who also work for Pampered Chef, and you ask if they will guarantee you will be the only one.

I always ask, as well--I learned this after working a very small fair and there was also another PC lady--however, everyone came to my table as I had a nice display with a lot of products, and she only had a few things.

I agree with the other posters that you need to get in writing thier policies regarding multiple vendors. However, even with written assurance sometimes mistakes happen. If that occurs, I always suggest addressing the issue, if possible, with the other PC consultant - she will likely be just as annoyed as you and seeing if you can work together to minimize the impact to each other and jointly bring the problem to the attention of the organizers.

I have had it happen to me twice even after I confirmed that the fair organizers would not permit multiple vendors of the same product. The first time, the other PC consultant and I were both disappointed. We didn't know who had been the second to send in thier registration and neither one of us wanted to be detrimental to the other so we decided that the best way to handle it was to jointly bring it to the attention of the organizers. The organizers were embarassed by thier error and refunded both of us half of our fee.

The second time the other consultant was not as polite and agreeable. It was at a small town Christmas Bizarre that I do every year. The other PC consultant showed up at the booth next to me and was also seeling Mary Kay, Party Lite and Lia Sophia. Since she had multiple products - which BTW violates the PC contract - I asked her not display her PC. She was annoyed and rude but nonetheless agreed. However, there was also another Mary Kay consultant present and she was a member of the organization sponsoring the event. The other Mary Kay Consultant brought it to the attention of the person who had accepted applications. It turns out that when the multi-party lady had sent in her application she had represented her product as "party plans." The organizer thought this meant that she was an event planner (i.e. like for organizing weddings, holiday parties, etc.). The organizers were very upset with her misrepresentation and failing to specify that she was a vendor of multiple products. They limited her to selling only Lia Sophia, which was the only product for which there was not another vendor present, and they refused to invite her back the next year.

So the bottom line is: Don't just accept what you're handed. If the organizers do you a disservice by accepting another PC consultant, you (and the other consultant) should bring it to thier attention and see what they can do to address it, or repay you a part of your fee. It is entirely possible to be assertive while being polite and maintaining professionalism. So stand up for yourself.

Related to Errrr - Small Fair With Two Pampered Chef People

1. What exactly is "Errrr - Small Fair With Two Pampered Chef People"?

"Errrr - Small Fair With Two Pampered Chef People" is a special event where two Pampered Chef consultants come together to showcase and sell Pampered Chef products at a smaller, more intimate fair setting. It is a great opportunity for customers to browse and purchase products, as well as learn new recipes and cooking techniques.

2. Is this event open to the public or do I need an invitation?

This event is open to the public and no invitation is necessary. Feel free to bring your friends and family to join in on the fun!

3. Will there be any discounts or promotions at the fair?

While discounts and promotions are not guaranteed, many Pampered Chef consultants offer special deals and discounts at their events. It is always worth checking with the consultants at the fair to see if there are any current promotions.

4. Can I place an order for Pampered Chef products at the fair?

Absolutely! The consultants at the fair will have order forms available for customers to fill out and place orders. You can also pay for your order at the fair or choose to have it shipped to your home.

5. Will there be any cooking demonstrations or samples at the fair?

Yes, there will be cooking demonstrations and samples available for customers to try at the fair. This is a great opportunity to see the products in action and taste some delicious recipes made with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lemmiskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lemmiskitchen
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • pcchefjane
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies