• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Why You Are Not Supposed to Lie to People ...

In summary, a host planned a baby shower for her son and pregnant daughter-in-law but did not follow through with sending invitations. Three days before the event, she cancelled due to her daughter-in-law being hospitalized. The host then changed the event title to "CANCELED" and stated the reason why. Later, the host posted on social media that her daughter-in-law was out of the hospital and the truth was revealed that she was actually on bed rest. The host then contacted the expert summarizer and explained the situation, to which the expert responded with understanding and offered to help with the event in the future. It is suspected that the daughter-in-law's hospitalization was a lie and the real reason for the cancellation was due to the host
Sheila
Gold Member
Karma will get you in the end! LOLI had a host all excited about doing "Welcome back to TX/Baby Shower" for her son & pregnant daughter-in-law. I did all the normal host coaching, reminded her to do invites, etc. She invited a handful of people on FB, but didn't do anything with the online invites from my PWS. Nor did she hand out hand written invites. 3 days before the shows, when I asked her (again) how she was doing with an RSVP count so we could choose a recipe, she canceled the show stating that her (pregnant) DIL was in the hospital.Rather than just have the FB event go away, I changed the title to CANCELED: [original event name], then deleted the whole text of the message & put that this event had been canceled due to [DIL's name] being in the hospital. A new date has not yet been set, but we hope that everyone will come help them celebrate when a new date is set.Something stupid (like maybe an hour later) host posted on the event that DIL was out of the hospital now, and taking it easy. Then why didn't she just tell me that the DIL was on bed rest? LIE!!!Today's PM from the host (I'm still playing dumb):
Host: Hello Sheila,
I hope this find you doing GREAT! Sorry I had to cancel the party.
Life unexpected.Me: A healthy baby is MUCH more important. ;)
If you guys still want to do one, let me know when you are ready. Host: True...but the family did not know until they saw the post!
Wasnt a pleasant reaction.
I may have one at a later date for myself. The kiddos have moved to Coppell and I dont hear from them much. Long, personal story.ME: Oops! I had no idea that it wasn't common knowledge, I'm sorry! I figured it was better to change the event than just delete it & have it disappear. Didn't want people to just show up & not know that it was canceled, you know? ;)Hopefully whatever is going on you guys can get it worked out so that you and your grandbaby can know one another and have a close relationship.I'm happy to help you with your show when ever you are ready.
So she dropped the ball on invites & the kids moved out mad. Wonder if they moved out mad BEFORE she canceled or after everyone started calling & asking about the fake hospital stay? :veryfunny:

I call people on their lies all the time... better to play dumb and let them look the fool!

It's unfortunate that the host didn't handle the situation properly and ended up creating unnecessary drama. It's important to always communicate clearly and honestly, especially when it comes to important events like a baby shower. It's also a good reminder that karma will always come back around, so it's best to treat others with kindness and honesty. Hopefully, the host will learn from this experience and handle things differently in the future.

What are the consequences of lying to people?

Lying to people can lead to damaged relationships, loss of trust, and a negative reputation. It can also create guilt and feelings of shame in the liar.

Why is lying considered unethical?

Lying is considered unethical because it goes against moral principles such as honesty and integrity. It can also harm others and damage the fabric of society.

Can lying ever be justified?

There are some rare situations where lying may be justified, such as when it is used to protect someone from harm or to avoid a greater evil. However, these situations are exceptions and should be carefully considered.

What are some alternatives to lying?

One alternative to lying is to be honest and upfront with people, even if it may be difficult. Another option is to simply say nothing instead of lying. In some cases, a white lie may be used, but this should be done sparingly and with caution.

How can I stop myself from lying to others?

To stop yourself from lying, it is important to recognize the reasons why you may feel the need to lie. Practice being honest and open with others and strive to build trust in your relationships. Seek help from a therapist or counselor if you struggle with compulsive lying.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • AJPratt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Sheila