• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Super Glue Removal: Home Remedies for Sticky Fingers

In summary, the best way to remove super glue from your fingers is to soak them in warm soapy water and then gently peel or roll off the glue. You can also use nail polish remover, household items like rubbing alcohol or white vinegar, or create a paste with toothpaste or baking soda to remove the glue. The time it takes for the glue to come off will vary, and to prevent it from sticking to your fingers, you can wear gloves or apply petroleum jelly or lotion to your fingers.
Kelly8
I tried supergluing a Christmas decoration that broke. But the super glue container had a leak and so I got it all over my fingers.:eek: Does anyone have a home remedy to get this off?

Doesn't nail polish remover help with getting super glue off?

EpTxGuy said:
Doesn't nail polish remover help with getting super glue off?

That's what I use!

Tried that. I think I have so much on that it doesn't really touch it. Guess I'll just have to wait and let it fall off. Thanks!

Maybe google it and see if internet can help. Hope you find a fix.

What about Goo Gone? Do you have any of that at home? I honestly don't know if it will work or not but it may be worth a try. :)

DH swears by WD40 for a lot of things!

I think it's the acetone in the nail polish remover, so if you have acetone free nail polish remover, it may not work.

Yes, acetone should remove it. But there's also a tube of super glue remover sold in the same area as the super glue tubes. ;)

When I googled it- one site mentions soaking it in the nail polish remover, or warm soapy water for awhile- then gently rub the skin (your fingers?) to gradually remove it from your skin. I think it was on ehow.com.

What is the best way to remove super glue from my fingers?

The best way to remove super glue from your fingers is to soak them in warm soapy water for a few minutes. Then, gently peel or roll the glue off your skin. You can also use an oil-based product, such as vegetable oil or petroleum jelly, to break down the glue and make it easier to remove.

Can I use nail polish remover to remove super glue?

Yes, you can use nail polish remover to remove super glue from your fingers. However, it is important to make sure the nail polish remover contains acetone, as this is the ingredient that helps break down the glue. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after using nail polish remover.

What household items can I use to remove super glue?

There are several household items that can be used to remove super glue, including rubbing alcohol, white vinegar, and lemon juice. These items contain acids that can help dissolve the glue. You can also try using toothpaste or baking soda mixed with water to create a paste that can be used to gently scrub away the glue.

How long does it take for super glue to come off my skin?

The amount of time it takes for super glue to come off your skin will vary depending on the type of glue and the amount that was applied. In general, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for the glue to fully come off. If the glue is particularly stubborn, it may take multiple attempts to remove it completely.

Is there a way to prevent super glue from sticking to my fingers?

One way to prevent super glue from sticking to your fingers is to wear gloves while handling it. You can also try applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly or lotion to your fingers before working with super glue. If you do get super glue on your skin, quickly washing your hands with warm soapy water can help prevent it from fully bonding to your skin.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • vwpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • kellyrskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies