• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Toddler Decorating Disaster: Disney Ornaments Meet Super Glue!

In summary, it is recommended that children under the age of 12 do not handle super glue while decorating. If a child accidentally gets super glue on their skin, it should be soaked in warm soapy water and gently massaged to remove it. Using a different type of glue for the decorating project is not recommended as it may not adhere properly. The Disney ornaments in the kit are safe for children to handle, but adult supervision is still recommended. If super glue gets on an unintended surface, it can be removed with a damp cloth or acetone/nail polish remover.
ChefJoyJ
I have a set of Disney ornaments I was given several years ago (high school I think...) which consists of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. DH and I were joking that they would be a great reminder of Disney while on the tree and would remind me of my goals during Dec. My almost 22 month old DD was "helping" us decorate the tree tonight and dropped and broke both Minnie *and* Mickey!! Luckily, they fixed right back up with some super glue, b/c only extremities (hand, foot, nose) broke. But still...

Think it's a bad omen?? :eek:

Guess that's what we get for having a toddler under 2 "help" decorate the tree. :rolleyes: :p :D

No bad omen... LOL It is just your baby saying "Hey mom, don't let this goal slip out your hands" !!!!! :) :):)

Look at it this way. Over the next year, you may encounter bumps in the road, but with the help and support of your family, you will over come them and all the pieces will fall into place.

And you MUST go now.. to get another set!! She just sinched the trip!! lol

gingertannery said:
And you MUST go now.. to get another set!! She just sinched the trip!! lol

LOL! That's a good way to look at it! Maybe after we take the tree down, I'll keep the Disney ornaments out so that I can have the reminder. :D

What is the recommended age for children to participate in decorating with super glue?

As a safety precaution, we recommend that children under the age of 12 do not handle super glue. It is best for adults to handle the super glue while children assist with decorating.

What should I do if my child accidentally gets super glue on their skin?

If your child gets super glue on their skin, do not pull or peel it off as this can cause irritation. Instead, soak the affected area in warm soapy water and gently massage the skin until the glue starts to loosen. If the glue does not come off easily, seek medical advice.

Can I use a different type of glue for this decorating project?

We highly recommend using the super glue provided in the kit as it is specifically designed for this type of project. Using a different type of glue may result in the ornaments not adhering properly or causing a mess.

Are the Disney ornaments in the kit safe for children to handle?

Yes, all of our Disney ornaments are made with child-safe materials. However, adult supervision is still recommended to ensure proper handling and to prevent any accidents with the super glue.

What should I do if the super glue gets on an unintended surface?

If the super glue accidentally gets on a surface that it was not intended for, use a damp cloth to gently wipe it off. If the glue has dried, use acetone or nail polish remover to dissolve it. Be careful not to use too much as it may damage the surface.

Back