• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Knitters? or Textile Folks?

mostly for myself, but sometimes for friends too. I also crochet, but I've never done anything complicated. I mainly like to make afghans, baby blankets, and scarves.
ChefLisa
Got My Fingers Crossed!This Saturday night I am doing the one show I have so far from the list Home Office gave us. She and her husband absolutely love Pampered Chef!

So far I think she has over $150.00 in outside orders and she already has a friend who wants to book a show!

I am keeping my fingers crossed the show goes well. At the very least I am excited because the host is so much fun!

I will let you all know how it goes!

Does anyone else have a show from the list?

Thanks!
Lisa

I just got one today - it is for the end of October. I used a new line for preliminary host coaching (when I get the date) that seemed to work. I told her "the hardest thing you will do is make the guest list - I need it in a week" or something along those lines.

I didn't even know I could knit until a friend showed me at a stitch n b!tch she had at her house. I knit a scarf for my daughter and started a handbag for myself (I have it all together just haven't finished it with the crocheting part - I've tried since a child to get crocheting, which my mom taught me, and I just stink at it. LOL)... have enough yarn to make a sweater but haven't attempted it yet.

We used to get together once a month and inspire each other with knitting and other general textile type crafts. One time she showed us how to make grocery bags from old t-shirts. WOW! I went home and promptly made about 3 or 4 of them! They're soooo handy you just have to be careful how heavy you make them cuz the t-shirt material streeetches. LOL..

I love to sew too. I've made my own clothes and such. I really like 'deconstructing' old used garments and breathing new life into them like my daughter's favorite bag which started out as a pair of jeans with holey knees!

I haven't tried bc it looks way to difficult for me, but I have seen some kits at Walmart that I think I could handle. I have been thinking of doing something like that... I have crocheted before and found it very relaxing..

I learned to knit watchig a youtube video. I am working on a scarf as sort of physio since I sprained my wrist 3 weeks ago.

Off and on I get my mom to show me crochet. I can do a pot holder but have not progressed any futher. I am the type that wants to do table clothes and not little bitty things FIRST, so, I never stick with it.

I want to walk before I crawl!

I've always had trouble with tension and keeping things the right 'gauge' while crocheting but knitting kinda takes all the worry out of the equation! I had convinced myself it was harder though cuz my mom doesn't knit, she crochets and has always said it was harder for her to knit. Why I thought the same for myself, I don't know. LOL... I picked up knitting in an evening... I taught myself to purl out of a book and experimented with putting it all together.

I crochet. I mostly like to make afgans, baby blankets, and scarves. Never could get the hang of knitting though. I also like to cross-stitch, but I haven't done that in years.

I can sew, but I don't really like to. I did make my living room drapes earlier this year (with help from a friend). I still need to hem them, but they are up and they are beautiful. Next I need to make the swags for them. I only made them b/c to have them custom made was going to cost me a furtune! I figured all it is is sewing straight lines and how hard can THAT be.............well, the answer is - it's very hard! I hated every minute of making them, but now I am quite proud of them (especially since they wanted $1200 just in labor charges to do it for me)

I prefer to crochet. I think it goes quicker than knitting. Most of the cool looking patterns are for knitting tho.

When I was in high school, I could have graduated a semester early but I wanted to take the Creative Arts class which was only offered second semester. My Aunt and Grandmother had taught me how to do most of the needle work I knew.

During this class, I ended up being the teacher's assistant. I knew the basic steps she was teaching and was able to show the other students how to do them. She gave me some more advanced steps to do. LOVED IT!

When the weather starts getting colder, I like nothing better than to pick up the yarn and start a project.

--Jenny L

I want to know more about this Stitch n Xitch. I have been thinking about it ever since I read about it here. I am thinking I might like to DO something like that.

I am still working on my scarf. I hope to have it done before spring....

I can't crochet or knit that's my mom and grandmas dept! I do sew and Quilt..... Well I used to before kids!

I knit, but all I make are scarfs, otherwise it gets too complicated for me!:p
Stitch n b!tch is great! I learned to knit from a kit my Mom got me that had a book called "I taught myself knitting".

I LOVE to sew! I've recently started deconstructing T-shirts. SO fun! And I make a lot of tote bags to use when I am at stores so I don't have to use theirs (good thing since they are thinking about starting to charge for bags now)

You sound like me at crocheting. I really got into it but I could only make flat things, like blankets, throws, and scarves. I tried to make baby booties once and just couldn't get it.

I wanted to make a blanket but I got too bored... guess I just don't have the patience for it.... good think I can sew quilts! At least I think I can... I have one that's an on going project, still in the cutting phase.

I cross stitch, and needlepoint. I want to learn to quilt, crochet, and knit.How hard is it to teach yourself crochet or knitting from a book?

Creole Catholic said:
I cross stitch, and needlepoint. I want to learn to quilt, crochet, and knit.

How hard is it to teach yourself crochet or knitting from a book?

My friend taught me how to knit with the help of a book called Stitch n B!tch... I learned, with that book, how to purl... I picked up knitting very easily though. However, the same folks also have a crochet book called The Happy Hooker... LOL... I love the book titles... I've tried crocheting before and never seem to get the tension thing right... that's why I like knitting more... YET, my mom can crochet like a fiend (even the fine lacing and tiny stitched doilies) and can't get the hang of knitting so to each their own.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0761128182/?tag=pfamazon01-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0761139850/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Each of these books has not only step by step instruction with illustrations but also lots of great little starter projects.

1. What types of products do you offer for knitters and textile enthusiasts?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of products specifically designed for knitting and textile work. This includes items like yarn bowls, needle organizers, and fabric scissors.

2. Are your products suitable for beginners or only experienced knitters and textile artists?

Our products are perfect for both beginners and experienced knitters and textile artists. We have a range of tools and supplies that cater to all skill levels.

3. Can your products be used for other crafts besides knitting and textile work?

While our products are primarily designed for knitting and textile work, many of them can also be used for other crafts such as crocheting, embroidery, and sewing.

4. Do you offer any special discounts or promotions for knitters and textile enthusiasts?

Yes, we often have special deals and promotions specifically for knitters and textile enthusiasts. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on any current offers.

5. Are your products high quality and durable?

Absolutely! At Pampered Chef, we pride ourselves on offering high-quality products that are built to last. Our knitting and textile products are made with durable materials that can withstand frequent use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill
Replies