• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revive Your Stone: Tips for Removing Black Coating and Restoring Its Shine

KellyIn summary, the speaker suggests trying a paste of salt and water or a mixture of vinegar and water to remove the black gummy coating on a well-loved stone. They also offer to host a show to earn a free stone if the issue persists.
kellyrskitchen
Does anyone have a remedy to fix a stone once it is so well loved that it ends up with that black gummy kind of coating on it. I have someone asking me. She says she tried the baking soda remedy but to no avail. Maybe it's time for a new one? Maybe it's time for a show and getting that stome for FREE:):):):)
Thanks,
Kelly

It's alwaystime for a new show.;)

Maybe making a paste of salt and water to scrub the stone?

Hmmm... has she been using non-stick cooking spray on it? I have seen stones get black over years of use, but never anything gummy.

My most loved stone sometimes gets a build up; I don't use a non-stick spray (on anything!), but it gets there nonetheless. It's not gummy, but I can see the oils from things I have cooked sitting on top of the water when I wash it.

So, I use a paste of baking soda and lemon juice (fresh). I spread it all over the stone and "scrub" it and let it stand for 10 minutes. Then, I use the scraper & hot water to clean as normal. I usually only have to do this once or twice a year. It doesn't effect the non-stick of my stone, but it does take care of the build up.

Hi Kelly,Thank you for reaching out to me for help with this issue. I understand how frustrating it can be when a well-loved stone ends up with a black gummy coating. The baking soda remedy is usually quite effective, but in some cases, it may not completely remove the buildup. In that case, I would recommend trying a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Let the stone soak in this solution for about 15-20 minutes before scrubbing it with a soft brush. This should help to break down and remove the gummy residue.If the issue persists, it may indeed be time for a new stone. However, before purchasing a new one, I would be happy to host a show for you and your friends to earn a free stone. Our stones are known for their durability and quality, and I'm confident that you and your friend will love using it in your cooking and baking.Please let me know if you would like to schedule a show or if you have any further questions. I'm always happy to help.Best,

What is the black coating on the stone used for?

The black coating on the stone is a non-stick surface that helps prevent food from sticking and makes cleaning easier.

Is the black coating safe to use with food?

Yes, the black coating on our stones is made from a food-safe material and is completely safe to use with all types of food.

How do I clean the black coating on the stone?

To clean the black coating on the stone, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth or sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils that could scratch the coating.

Does the black coating on the stone need to be seasoned?

No, the black coating on our stones does not require any seasoning. It is ready to use right out of the box.

How long does the black coating on the stone last?

The longevity of the black coating on the stone depends on proper care and use. With proper care, it can last for many years of use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • Vicks