• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Black Discoloration from Stone - Will Baking Soda Help?

In summary, black discoloration on stone surfaces is caused by moisture, bacteria, and mold growth. Baking soda can be effective in removing this discoloration, but may not fully remove deep or stubborn stains. To use baking soda, create a paste with water and apply to the affected area for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing. Other natural remedies such as white vinegar, lemon juice, and hydrogen peroxide can also be effective, but should be tested on a small area first. To prevent black discoloration, regularly clean and dry the surface and avoid leaving wet or damp items on it for extended periods of time.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Will the baking soda paste remove black 'stuff' that's on a lrg round stone? It's not sticky, it just looks like the stone has been discolored. The guest purchased the stone at a party of mine in December & brought it to me at a March party. I've never seen anything like this. It's splotchy, like they took black paint & made the stone with it (which I know they didn't, I'm just trying to describe how it looks). Wierd.

I don't want to have to send the whole stone back to HO if I can fix this for her.

Are you sure it isn't seasoning? My stones all have areas that are absolutely black. It's not sticky. It just looks, like you said, painted.

May as well try it. I have some black spots on stones from cooking minced onion that didn't stick to the chicken and vegetables. Not a problem though. She can always put in the oven on the self cleaning cycle. I've never done this, but I was told you could do it.

I've talked to the guest about both of these possiblities & she wouldn't hear of keeping it like that. I guess I'll try it & see. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell her.

Don't Put It Through The Self Cleaning Cycle!!!!

The stone is guaranteed - just have it replaced. If you don't want to break it, do you have pieces from other stones that you can send in and you can keep that one for yourself?

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the discoloration on your stone. Baking soda can definitely help with removing stains from stone, but it may not be effective for discoloration caused by a chemical or dye. I would recommend trying a stone cleaner or a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar to see if that helps. If not, you may need to contact our customer service team for further assistance. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for being a loyal customer!

What causes black discoloration on stone surfaces?

Black discoloration on stone surfaces is typically caused by a combination of moisture, bacteria, and mold growth. This can occur in areas that are frequently wet or damp, such as in a kitchen or bathroom.

Can baking soda effectively remove black discoloration from stone?

Baking soda can be effective in removing black discoloration from stone surfaces, as it has natural cleaning and deodorizing properties. However, it may not be strong enough to fully remove deep or stubborn stains.

How should I use baking soda to remove black discoloration from stone?

To use baking soda for removing black discoloration from stone, create a paste by mixing it with water. Apply the paste to the affected area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse with water and repeat as needed until the stain is removed.

Are there any other natural remedies that can help remove black discoloration from stone?

Yes, there are several other natural remedies that can be effective in removing black discoloration from stone. These include white vinegar, lemon juice, and hydrogen peroxide. It is important to test these remedies on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure they do not cause any damage to the stone.

What preventative measures can I take to avoid black discoloration on stone surfaces?

To prevent black discoloration on stone surfaces, make sure to regularly clean and dry the area to prevent moisture buildup. Use a natural stone cleaner or mild soap and water to clean the surface, and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth. Additionally, avoid leaving wet or damp items on stone surfaces for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • dannyzmom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
yummy4tummy
  • etteluap70PC