• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker

In summary, my friend gave me her stoneware baker because she didn't use it and didn't really like it. It has this black color to the bottom and sides of the inside, while the outside looks like an unseasoned stone...I think the 'black' almost looks like mold, or possibly stained from making something with blueberries?? I'm not sure...but I tried multiple times to do the baking soda paste on it, and it hasn't helped a bit. Is there anything else I can try to get this thing clean? I'd like to be able to use it for shows and at home, but with it's current state, I don't know if I can do that or if it should just be
jenne
A friend of mine gave me her stoneware baker because she didn't use it and didn't really like it. It has this black color to the bottom and sides of the inside, while the outside looks like an unseasoned stone...I think the 'black' almost looks like mold, or possibly stained from making something with blueberries?? I'm not sure...but I tried multiple times to do the baking soda paste on it, and it hasn't helped a bit. :cry: Is there anything else I can try to get this thing clean? I'd like to be able to use it for shows and at home, but with it's current state, I don't know if I can do that or if it should just be thrown away....

Well if its mold, I would toss the baker.

If its from blueberries, I would soak it in hot water. If all else fails I would call HO and see what if anything they could recommend.

I would try a baking soda and water paste...mix it up, slather it on and let it sit...then scrub with something that WON'T leave behind color! (as in, do not use a green scratch pad! Been there, done that...)

my deep dish baker looks like that from making blueberry cobbler in it. I guess I've never thought anything of it - but that's probably because I know how it happened!

As it has gotten more seasoned, it's not as noticeable, but you can still see that it's there.

Our classic round stone has been "blueberried" too, but like Becky said we've not really thought about it and the colour's fading behing the seasoning.Alex

I'll have to ask if she made something blueberry in there, just to make sure it's not mold...cause the thought of it being mold grosses me out...but then I'm also not sure how the stoneware COULD mold?!? Thanks ladies...I'll ask her about the blueberry and then just keep using it until it hides behind the wonderful color of seasoning.

What is a Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker?

A Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker is a type of baking dish made from stoneware that has a dark, non-stick coating on the bottom. This coating helps to prevent food from sticking to the dish, making it easier to clean.

How do I use a Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker?

To use a Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker, simply preheat your oven according to your recipe's instructions. Then, place your food directly onto the stoneware surface and bake as directed. The non-stick coating on the bottom of the dish will ensure that your food doesn't stick and that it cooks evenly.

Can I use metal utensils on the Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker. The non-stick coating on the bottom of the dish can be easily scratched or damaged by metal utensils, so it's best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils instead.

How do I clean my Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker?

Cleaning your Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker is simple and easy. Allow the dish to cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads, as they can damage the non-stick coating. If there are any stubborn food particles stuck to the dish, you can soak it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before washing.

Is the Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Black Bottom on Stoneware Baker is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the dish to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher detergents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Get_Pampered