• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sticky Stoneware Woes: How to Clean and Restore Your Mini Baker with Ease

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with a sticky stoneware after cooking a casserole. The participants suggest using lemon juice or a paste made of baking soda and water to remove the stickiness. They also advise against using cooking sprays on stoneware and suggest using oil or a PC spritzer instead. There is also a mention of using oil to season stoneware, but some are concerned about the potential damage caused by cooking sprays.
Get_Pampered
Gold Member
So I made a delicious cheesy casserole in my mini baker and now my stone is super sticky. I have scraped and scraped with the hottest water I can stand and I seem to only be moving the stickiness around. :yuck: Is there anything that is safe to use on stoneware that is also great at dissolving such goo? The stone looks clean until I touch it. Anyone else have this problem?

I've had this happen on stones. I used a little lemon juice and it seemed to cut it... It was either that or the baking soda that I used too???

Baking soda and water. mix it to a thick paste. Rub it all arround. You can even use your brown scraper to really work it in. Works like a charm every time!

Last edited:
Thanks, ladies! I will try that

Did you use a spray (like Pam) on your stone?

Maybe you didn't but just in case someone out there is using a spray, be advise that it will leave a sticky mess on your stones. If you are worried that something is going to stick, use oil.

Easy Clean Kitchen Brush

Is it okay to use the baking soda paste on the bottom of my large bar pan? It has always been a great stone. Recently I started using it for bacon and now the bottom of the bar pan is sticky...

yes, it is safe to use on the bar pan.

I had this happen awhile ago and my director said if the baking soda trick didn't work to heat my over to 375, brush the stone with oil--or spritz it if you have the kitchen spritzer, bake it for 10 min in the oven, remove from oven, while still hot wipe off access oil with a paper towel ( I hold the paper towel with a pot holder so I don't burn my hands) let cool and see if still sticky, if so repeat as needed--mine took two times before the sticky was gone.
On a side note, I did this with a new stone (not sticky), three times, then just left it in
my oven (I've used it once) and it is almost black.

I find this interesting because the directions that come in the stoneware specifically say to season it using vegetable oil spray (aka Pam). Now, I'm concerned that the Pam is going to ruin my stoneware.... What to do, what to do!

dancedivine said:
I find this interesting because the directions that come in the stoneware specifically say to season it using vegetable oil spray (aka Pam). Now, I'm concerned that the Pam is going to ruin my stoneware.... What to do, what to do!

get the PC spritzer. It's more pure anyway... doesn't have all the additives that pam does.

What is "Sticky Stoneware" and how do I prevent it?

"Sticky Stoneware" refers to the buildup of residue and food particles on stoneware bakeware, causing it to become sticky and difficult to clean. To prevent this, it is important to properly season your stoneware before use by rubbing a small amount of oil onto the surface before baking. Additionally, be sure to always use non-metal utensils and avoid cooking acidic or sugary foods on stoneware.

Why does my stoneware feel sticky even after cleaning?

This could be due to not properly seasoning your stoneware before use or using metal utensils on the surface. It could also be caused by cooking acidic or sugary foods on the stoneware. To remedy this, try scrubbing the stoneware with a mixture of baking soda and water, or use a stoneware cleaner specifically designed for removing residue.

Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put stoneware in the dishwasher as it can cause the surface to become rough and sticky. It is best to hand wash stoneware with warm water and a mild dish soap.

How do I remove stains from my stoneware?

To remove stains from stoneware, try using a paste of baking soda and water and scrubbing the affected area. You can also try soaking the stoneware in a mixture of hot water and white vinegar for a few hours before scrubbing. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on stoneware.

Can I use my stoneware in the microwave or on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not safe to use in the microwave or on the stovetop. It is designed for use in the oven only. Using stoneware in the microwave or on the stovetop can cause it to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjulieg
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pamperedmom24
  • MainStChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies