• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Clean Hard Stains on Stoneware?

In summary, Debbie's stoneware will get darker with use, and she recommends using baking soda and water paste to clean it.
debswork
I need some suggestions on cleaning my stoneware. I have a bar pan and made the greek chicken right away without seasoning the darn thing and now it has black and dark brown stains from baking the fatty chicken. I would like to use the bar stone to demo at shows but embarrassed now. HELP????

The only thing is to use a baking soda and water paste and let it soak, then scrub it off, it might help some, but your stone is going to get dark, it's supposed to, don't worry about it, the darker the better, my large round is almost black, I use it about 3 times a week at home to do frozen fries, chicken nuggets, pizzas, etc.

debswork said:
I need some suggestions on cleaning my stoneware. I have a bar pan and made the greek chicken right away without seasoning the darn thing and now it has black and dark brown stains from baking the fatty chicken. I would like to use the bar stone to demo at shows but embarrassed now. HELP????

That is how you season it!

I have a sm rd stone and its about 15yrs old and it looks horrible. I also have a new lg rd stone and I bake,cook frozen foods and pizza and its still looks new for demo's.. Guess I will have to inform everyone not to do when they recieve their stone or it will look like mine...Thanks for the advice.

Debbie - it is supposed to get dark - it cooks better that way!!! If you look in the catalog at the begining page of the stoneware, it shows how stoneware turns dark and seasons. Also, I saw Doris's first Large Round Stone on my Home Office tour this past summer and it is BLACK!

I like to bring my small oval to show how a new stone looks since I VERY rarely use it, then I bring out my almost black large round and tell them that is what they aspire to, lol.

debswork said:
I would like to use the bar stone to demo at shows but embarrassed now. HELP????

The darker -- the better. I know what oyu mean though... BUT most of our guests know that it is going to turn and if they don't know - they will.

Ok, thanks,but I like the cleaner look myself for demos,maybe I will have to buy another just for demos.

I think people like to see the darker stones so, as Jennifer said, they know what to aspire to. I always make sure to point out how seasoned my stone is and remind my guests that is how they want theirs to look, too. I think by using a "clean" stone you might be misleading your customers. (That language is probably a bit strong, but you get my idea.)

Just remember....the uglier it looks, the better it cooks! ;) And I'm talking about stoneware, NOT the chefs! ;) :D

Pre-consultant days I got a bar pan and after using it once (probably chicken) it had ugly dark areas - kind of purple-ish. I asked my director and she said "it's fine" - didn't even look at it. Well I hated it but kept using it in my kitchen, never taking it to shows. I have to tell you that NOW after using it MANY times it looks GREAT!! Keep using it and the seasoning will even out.

I never thought that I would need to season it before using it. I had always been told that the food seasons it. Now I tell my guests that for even darkening of the stone they should season it before using it for things that don't cover the entire surface like chicken.

I think it's good for people to see what a seasoned stone looks like. It keeps them from freaking out when their stone starts to darken.

Funny story: Several years ago my son had a friend over. I was making homemade pizza. Seeing my well-seasoned large round stone, the boy said, "My mom has one of those, but it's clean."

I assured him mine was clean. It just gets darker as you use it. Not sure I convinced him, but he loved the pizza.

I soak mine in hot water with a lot of baking soda. I am not concerend with the dark spots thought that just shows people that I use mine all the time.

I agree on the darker the better. Mine is unevenly seasoned because they are still fairly new, only a few months old. My DH's cousin showed me a round stone she has been using for years and that sucker was BLACK but she loves it and says it cooks like a dream. I think you should atleast tell people to expect (and want) their stones to darken with use.

kcjodih said:
Just remember....the uglier it looks, the better it cooks! ;) And I'm talking about stoneware, NOT the chefs! ;) :D

LOL...in some cases though...LMAO!!

I always tell my customers...."once you go black you never go back!!!!" it always gets the room laughing!

Now now Darby, that's not nice, LMAO. Kinda reminds me of the 'never trust a skinny cook' saying.

http://www.beachcombs.com/seasonedstones.jpg

These are the three stones that I make sure to take to each show to show how the stone will become seasoned. I use the black one at least 3 times a week for the same reasons as above and have had that stone for I'm guessing 10 years! It was one of the first stones I'd ever bought. I find people like how the stone will change in texture and color, and they'll 'compete' with each other of who's is the darkest and how often they use their stones!

What an awesome visual! I think that looks better than the picture in the catalog!

ChefBeckyD said:
What an awesome visual! I think that looks better than the picture in the catalog!

Thanks I've always thought the one's in the catalog were too 'staged' looking. I always say that these stones have had a real life :p

jdavis said:
I like to bring my small oval to show how a new stone looks since I VERY rarely use it, then I bring out my almost black large round and tell them that is what they aspire to, lol.
That's exactly what I do!
I have a lg stone that is BLACK! Then my other is farely seasoned, then my small oval is practically new looking

lotsadots said:
http://www.beachcombs.com/seasonedstones.jpg

These are the three stones that I make sure to take to each show to show how the stone will become seasoned. I use the black one at least 3 times a week for the same reasons as above and have had that stone for I'm guessing 10 years! It was one of the first stones I'd ever bought. I find people like how the stone will change in texture and color, and they'll 'compete' with each other of who's is the darkest and how often they use their stones!
WoooWeee
Those are beautiful!!!!

1. How do I remove burnt-on stains from my stoneware?

To remove burnt-on stains from stoneware, you can create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing it off with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse with warm water and repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use bleach to clean my stoneware?

No, bleach should never be used on stoneware as it can damage the surface and affect the performance of the stoneware. Stick to using non-abrasive cleaners and natural solutions like vinegar and baking soda for tough stains.

3. How do I remove rust stains from my stoneware?

To remove rust stains from stoneware, make a paste using equal parts salt and lemon juice. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing it off with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse with warm water and repeat if necessary.

4. Can I use metal utensils on stoneware?

No, metal utensils should not be used on stoneware as they can scratch and damage the surface. Instead, use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils to protect the stoneware from scratches.

5. How do I remove stubborn stains from my stoneware?

If the above methods do not work, you can try soaking the stoneware in hot water and dish soap for 30 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. You can also try using a stoneware cleaner specifically designed for removing tough stains. Always avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKeender
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RaniaTreadwell
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • MainStChef