• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Way to Use and Clean Your Covered Stoneware Dish

In summary, a Covered Stoneware Dish is a versatile cooking tool that is used to cook and bake food evenly while retaining moisture and flavor. It is safe to use in the oven, but not on the stovetop, and is dishwasher and freezer-safe. To prolong its lifespan, it is recommended to hand wash the dish with warm, soapy water and to avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils.
chefmelody
I used my covered stoneware pan today for the first time, and it worked great. However, when I went to clean it, I noticed a couple of "rough" spots on the stoneware... one right on the inside bottom, and one up the side. It looks like drips or tiny bubbles of the clay. Do you think this is something I should be worried about, or should I not bother about it?

No, you should not be worried about it. This is normal and is caused by tiny air bubbles that are trapped during the manufacturing process. It usually doesn't affect the performance of your stoneware pan, so there is no need to worry.

It is not uncommon for stoneware to have small imperfections or rough spots, especially if it is handcrafted. These spots should not affect the performance of your pan and can be ignored. However, if they bother you, you could try gently sanding them down with a fine-grit sandpaper. Just be sure to thoroughly clean and dry the pan before using it again.

1. What is the purpose of a Covered Stoneware Dish?

A Covered Stoneware Dish is designed to cook and bake food evenly while retaining moisture and flavor. The cover helps to trap steam and heat, resulting in tender and delicious dishes.

2. Is the Covered Stoneware Dish safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the Covered Stoneware Dish is oven-safe up to a certain temperature, usually around 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is always best to check the specific instructions for your particular dish.

3. Can I use the Covered Stoneware Dish on the stovetop?

No, the Covered Stoneware Dish is not suitable for use on the stovetop. It is only intended for use in the oven or microwave.

4. How do I clean my Covered Stoneware Dish?

The Covered Stoneware Dish is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils on the dish as it may damage the surface.

5. Can the Covered Stoneware Dish go in the freezer?

Yes, the Covered Stoneware Dish is freezer-safe. You can store food in it in the freezer and then transfer it straight to the oven for cooking. Just make sure to thaw the dish before using it in the oven to prevent cracking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
BeckyC5830
  • jenne