• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Covered Stoneware in Microwave!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use of the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef to cook a whole chicken in the microwave in just 30 minutes. The results were described as juicy and tender, and the conversation quickly turned into a discussion of purchasing the product and trying the recipe. The use of the product was also seen as a potential selling point at Pampered Chef shows.
nikked
Gold Member
I got this post from another loop I am on...can't wait to get mine so I can try it!

Pampered_Chef_USA Yahoo Loop said:
Hi. I just wanted to share what happened to me today with the Deep Covered Baker. First, I just want to say that I have been waiting for PC to come up with this for some time now. I have been using another Direct Sales Company's dish to cook my whole chicken in the microwave in 30 minutes.

Ok, so today I am hosting my own Mystery Host show so I thought I would plan a little ahead and cook my family's dinner early and then reheat it. So, I took an approximately 4-5 pound whole chicken, washed it and sprinkled salt, pepper and a lot of our Peppercorn & Garlic rub all over the chicken, inside and out. Then I covered it and popped it in the microwave for 30 minutes, and oh my, it was better than any I have ever made! Ok, I might be a little bias with Pampered Chef, but I really think it was better than ever. It was so juicy and tender, it's incredible. You must try it!!

***WARNING*** Microwave ovens vary in power, so be sure to use your meat thermometer to make sure it is done after 30 minutes.

Ok, but that isn't the best part................I called my mom and told her about it. She, by the way, is coming to my show tonight, and she called me a few hours later, and she had sold 2 Deep Covered Bakers by telling her friends about my chicken that I told her about. So then she decided that she wanted to do her own Catalog show. She said that she was going to cook a chicken for the office to see how it works on Thursday. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity, and now I am doing a lunchtime show at her office!

I expect to sell a lot of these Bakers by demoing the chicken at shows! I'm so excited, and I hope that someone else will benefit from me sharing this story. If not, thanks for reading anyway!!

Additional instructions are to put the chicken in BREAST SIDE DOWN, on high power. Also, the skin doesn't get crispy, but it browns and looks beautiful!

I have been really excited about this product before this, but now...WOW!

***Disclaimer***I have not actually tried this yet, as I don't have the pan.

Last edited:
HMMM, I might just have to buy this sooner than I thought, lol. I LOVE the Big 9x13 baker and the Lid/Bowl to do my turkeys in, I am going to have to order another one on this show I am about to submit to have in my closet for any just-in-case moments. I would love to do that, it would be great for work for snack days and birthday lunches and such.

I really need to get a bigger microwave. I just got my baker & some other stuff I ordered, from the man in brown today. I checked & the baker does NOT fit in my microwave:(
Now I know for sure I need a bigger one; so I can micro a chicken, and so my fluted pan will turn to make a yummy cake!
Thanks for sharing though; that's a good tip to share at shows! It sure is a pretty stone!:)

Ooooooh - I am going to have to go to Publix tomorrow and buy a chicken to try this!!

DO YOU HEAR THIS SUSAN?? I AM GOING TO TRY A NEW RECIPE!! LOLOL
I CAN HEAR YOU SCREAMING IN S**** FROM 1200 MILES AWAY - HAHAH!!

dannyzmom said:
Ooooooh - I am going to have to go to Publix tomorrow and buy a chicken to try this!!

DO YOU HEAR THIS SUSAN?? I AM GOING TO TRY A NEW RECIPE!! LOLOL
I CAN HEAR YOU SCREAMING IN S**** FROM 1200 MILES AWAY - HAHAH!!

OMGosh I am soooooo excited!!! Ok, let's all get chickens and try it this week! So proud of you Caroline!!!

:)

Wow! What a great idea! I have to get one now!

I got my chicken, I am trying it out tonight!! I will let you all know before your dinner times hit!!!

The grocery stores are going to wonder why there is such a run on chickens! The chicken farmers will have no idea they owe the thanks to PC! I'm going to try this tomorrow night - won't be home tonight my daughter has to cheer at a football game. I'm glad I didn't get rid of my large microwave now. I've been wanting a smaller one to take up less space on the counter (I kept hoping it would break - now it probably will since I don't want it too)!

its_me_susan said:
OMGosh I am soooooo excited!!! Ok, let's all get chickens and try it this week! So proud of you Carolyn!!!

Babysteps...babysteps - LOLOLOL

Okay so my supper is all done!! It took a little imagination, I definitely know what I will do different next time!

But here goes, it was super yummy!! It took 40 minutes in my 900 watt junky microwave from the base:rolleyes: . It was typical of nuked food. It was way too done on the legs and just barely hitting 180F deep in the breasts. I used the salt, pepper, and rub that was used above. I also pressed a couple of pretty meaty cloves of garlic over and under it. My husband got out the good BBQ sauce and inhaled it!! I am not even sure he tasted it!!:cool:

Next time, I will probably put it in the oven since it didn't save me much time this way. I will also stuff the cavity with ice cubes (that's the way I do turkeys):p . I might also rub down the outside with butter for extra flavor and a deeper golden brown color. It's definitely going to be a repeat in this household!!! I will just plan for it better next time, it was almost 8 pm before I got supper on the table!! :eek:

There ya go girls, run out and get those chickens!!! The chicken farmers in the States can take a day or two off next month with all the sales they will have this month!!!:D

Chicken UpdateOkay, so I passed this on to my AD, because she has the pan, and she loves cookiing in the microwave.

She loved how it turned out. Like all things cooking in the microwave, you have to figure out how long it will take for your wattage.

She said the skin reminded her of a rotisserie chicken from a store, where the skin isn't crispy, but it sure does taste good!

Can't wait to get that pan...!

I made this for supper last night!! OMG!!! So yummy! My nuker is a 1.48 KW with a turntable. I washed the bird and liberally sprinkled Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning by McCormick on it. I forgot to turn it breast side down, oops, but it worked fine. I had a 5 pound bird, and cooked it for 35 minutes on high. Because the seasoning I used was red based it was very pretty looking. DH gulped it down!! :D

nikked said:
I got this post from another loop I am on...can't wait to get mine so I can try it!

I have been really excited about this product before this, but now...WOW!

***Disclaimer***I have not actually tried this yet, as I don't have the pan.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I now have dinner ( cooked a 6 1/2 chicken in 35 mins ) only problem is we dont eat for another 2 hours:) ...soooooooooooo what I'm gonna do is fix up the Caramel Apple bread pudding, while the chicken is cooling down. Then I'm gonna take all the meat off the chicken & make the Harvest Chicken Salad!!!!:D :D :D

Pity these pans don't count towards the Stoneware Sales Incentive!

I'm pretty sure they do count, you just can't select it as your free piece

You're right! The words "exclude deep dish baker" just stuck in my head. :)

Okay, why stuff the cavity with ice cubes?

A little background first.....
For Thanksgiving and Christmas, I always make a turkey on the gas grill. I do that for a couple of reasons. First, if I am living in the States, it's to keep the house cool until a couple of hours before dinner time. I can do the stuffing, scalloped corn, green bean casserole, etc in the oven just before dinner. If I am liviing overseas, like now, I have a very small oven. It only has one rack in it, so I don't have the room to put the turkey in the oven. I have to be very creative getting the other stuff in my little easy bake oven!!

Okay so back to your question, if you stuff the inside with ice cubes, the ice melts into water, the water evaporates into steam, the steam then rises up and out into the bird. So, as the bird cooks it's being moisturized from the inside out. Believe me, it's the best turkey ever!!!!!

So, I figured I would try this chicken in the Covered Baker the same way!! Because we have crappy little microwaves, and it didn't save me any time to nuke it. It's about the same time in the oven, so why not do it with ice cubes in the middle???? Since an oven works on dry heat, the moisture added with the ice cubes as well as the lid keeping the moisture inside, it should be yummmyyy!!

This is just an educated guess, but I will definitely let you all know how it turns out when I try it!!

free bakeryou can get it as a free or half priced, just not get it with a 20 or 60% discount

ShanaSmith said:
I'm pretty sure they do count, you just can't select it as your free piece

Can't we choose a second covered baker?

We did the chicken the same exact way that my couch, I mean Leeanne did, and it was AMAZING! I posted somewhere else I was pretty unsure of how it would turn out. I had a full haddock dinner cooking just in case. Wow - so good my little one was "passing out with joy" and my husband was unable to stop talking about it. I am truly stunned. Did NOT expect it to be sooooo GOOD! Definitely comfort food!

Suzie, Suzie, Suzie..... Ahem..... I'm your ..... "couch"??? :D

chef_leeanne said:
Suzie, Suzie, Suzie..... Ahem..... I'm your ..... "couch"??? :D

Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Do Tell???????;) ;) ;)

Ginger428 said:
Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Do Tell???????;) ;) ;)

COACH!!!!! lol. Sorry ~ these pain meds really play tricks on the mind. She is a fabulous support. :)

So I guess the stoneware really works. I will have to try this and see what all the fuss is about.

Oh my! This recipe/stoneware ROCKS!Thanks sooooooo much to the original poster for sharing this recipe. I have never baked a chicken in the oven, but I just had to try this. I cannot believe how moist this turned out! I called my director right away and told her to RUN to the store and try this herself.

I am working on incorporating this into my Fall Shows to show just how easy it is.

THANKS again to the original poster!!!!

OH, you guys are so mean to me, I can't wait to get mine.

UpdateThanks! I was just passing on information...I JUST ordered my sample packages, so haven't even tried it myself yet, but here's an idea for fall shows that my AD and I have come up.

Prep Chicken using Basil Oil and TPC seasoning of choice, place in microwave to cook.

While cooking, prepare vegetables to cook in micro-cooker, and demo other tools as well (maybe Amazing Potato or Cucumber demo?). You could also demo cookware and make Garlic Pull Aparts, ready to pull out of oven as chicken comes out of microwave. Another alternative would be to prepare the cake during this time as well, and when the chicken is done and the vegis are in the microwave, make a gravy using the new flat whisk in cookware.

When chicken is done, place micro-cooker in microwave to cook vegis. Mention that you are letting the chicken "rest" so the juices can redistribute before serving.

While cooking vegis, prepare cake for Rice Cooker. When vegis are done, put cake in for 9-11 minutes, then serve chicken, vegis and bread. Then, pull out cake and serve.

Complete microwave meal (minus the bread, which is so easy it might as well be microwave)!

Great ideas Nicole. Will have to use these sometime in the future. When I get my covered baker *pout*.

Just wanting you all to know that the chicken demo/recipe has enable me to sell SEVEN bakers!!!! And is a great booking tool.

I tell them I know it is expensive - but it is an investment that will save them $$. Super-Birds (rotissary chickens) are $12 each here - make your own and you will save money! It is an investment.

To show... make them come to kitchen and watch you rinse & sprinkle. Put baker on trivet. Lift out with meat lifters onto big carving board to hold juice, carve with new knife. TADA.
LOVE it! Caroline, did you try the chicken yet?

I'm wanting to incorporate this into some of my upcoming shows. But -- I need a recipe to demo as I'll cook the chicken PRIOR to the guests arriving (or put it in AS they arrive). So, what are some easy demo ideas for side dishes or something? TIA

Boy do we get spoiled quick. Last night I tried a 9lb. Turkey breast on the bone & it took 45 min.:mad: ;) :rolleyes:

1. Is the Deep Covered Baker safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in the microwave. It is made from stoneware that is specifically designed for use in the microwave and can withstand high temperatures.

2. Can I cook a whole chicken in the Deep Covered Baker in just 30 minutes?

Yes, you can cook a whole chicken in the Deep Covered Baker in just 30 minutes. However, it is important to note that microwave ovens vary in power, so it is recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked after 30 minutes.

3. Can I use any seasoning or rub on the chicken before cooking?

Yes, you can use any seasoning or rub on the chicken before cooking. The post mentions using salt, pepper, and Pampered Chef's Peppercorn & Garlic rub, but you can use any flavor combination you prefer.

4. Can I get a crispy skin on the chicken using the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

No, the skin on the chicken will not get crispy in the microwave. However, it will still brown and look beautiful.

5. How can I use this product to increase sales at Pampered Chef shows?

You can use the Deep Covered Baker to cook a whole chicken in just 30 minutes at your shows, which can impress potential customers and encourage them to purchase the product. You can also share your personal experience with the product, as the post mentions the author's mother selling two Deep Covered Bakers just by telling her friends about the chicken she made using it. Additionally, you can offer to do a lunchtime show at an office or other location to demonstrate the product and potentially make more sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • MLinAZ